Evan Daniels with Crean, Pearl, Quickley and Patterson (Wednesday Show Thread)

There is an enormous roster of guests lined up for today’s show with Tom Crean, Bruce Pearl, Immanuel Quickley and Patrick Patterson all set to join the program. They’ll call in to talk to today’s guest host, Evan Daniels, as Evan brings us a college basketball episode of KSR.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Evan Daniels with Crean, Pearl, Quickley and Patterson (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:02 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Tom Crean and Bruce Pearl? Are we trying to ruin the show?
    And, can we interview Quickley? I would hate to get in trouble with the Naturally Corrupt A$$es Association.

• ukjaybrat
      10:10 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

KSR is not a booster nor are they associated with the university of kentucky. they’re just a blog. they can interview whoever they want. they interview high school football players all the time if you recall.

just so happens not so much on basketball because the recruits aren’t coming from our backyard like they do in football where all the big names we hear all the time are from ohio and kentucky.

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Good…the NCAA should be concentrating on the North Carolina truants.

• Realme
      10:18 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

That time they got in trouble (for talking to Drew Barker, I think), it was because it was the official UK pre-game show.

• Realme beat me to it. I’ve heard Matt tell post game callers before “We can’t talk about recruiting but we’ll talk about it tomorrow on 1080”.

2. Realme
    10:14 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Back from vaca y’all (and SO thrilled about it). Haven’t listened in a week, thought I’d just save some spare episodes for when the subs are terrible. Definitely not going to go back for yesterday’s though.

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Welcome back. Today’s show is much better than yesterday…this one is flying by.
      Yesterday’s sped by at a furlong per fortnight….faster than a speeding snail.

3. J-Dub421
    10:22 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Maybe Quickley will commit today on the show? That would be cool.

4. If Evan doesn’t do anything else right today, he did a masterful job on “TJ will make…them…pay!”

5. secrick
    10:29 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

I want to ask a question and maybe one of you guys can tell me how this works. Does everyone that is drafted in the first round of the NBA draft get a guaranteed one Million Dollars or is it just the first 10 drafted or first 20 . Does anyone know how that works?

• rickwhitetx
      10:42 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

secrick … There is a rookie scale and the first 30 picks are slotted in at certain salaries. The teams do have a little wiggle room in what they can offer.

Here’s the link …

• secrick
      2:36 pm June 28, 2017 Permalink

Thanks for sharing and now i understand why the first round is so important.

6. Realme
    10:51 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Evan is going to win the That’s So KSR award for all they had to do to get this interview right.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:52 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

I really liked the Gatorade ad with KAT. Top level production…most ads you just don’t remember; but, this one was really mesmerizing.

8. J-Dub421
    11:14 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

No one cares about Auburn basketball Bruce.

• Realme
      11:15 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, a one sentence answer would have sufficed.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Sshh…Bruce doesn’t know that yet. Should have asked him what it’s like to coach basketball at a football school.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

So Bruce, how is it coaching at a place where there’s only one sold out game per year? (When UK comes to town.) Is it demoralizing playing in an empty arena all the time?

9. runningunnin.454
    11:30 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Good interview with PP…his interest in a career in film is fascinating, and the movie night thing for the fans is cool.

10. Realme
    11:31 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Ew, I didn’t know Crean was coming on.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Ha Ha Ha Ha; glad it’s not on TV, we might lose our breakfast.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

He’s super weird though, so it could be interesting.

• Realme
      11:37 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

So Tom, how does it feel to have been so bad that Indiana had to fire you?

11. J-Dub421
    11:36 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Over/under on Crean mouth-kissing someone on the show?

• Realme
      11:38 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Oh gag. Might lose the breakfast now from the image in my head.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

I aim to please. 🙂

• Realme
      11:46 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

You know Drew’s dying to ask at what point in the process he tries to kiss recruits.

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Remember yesterday when Malik said Cal will go from a dap to a hug? Cream goes from a dap to a mouth-kiss.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

*Crean, or Cream, whatever suits you…

12. Realme
    11:39 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Can we have Bruce Pearl back?

• runningunnin.454
      11:46 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

Well, the Crean interview was better than I would have thought. But, wasn’t a position at a school that has the fan base, the tradition of winning, and the desire to win…wasn’t that IU?
      I will say I’ve never heard so many platitudes in one breath…except from a politician.

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

I thought he sounded pretty intelligent and balanced. But of course that does not always translate into success on the court. As much as I like to make fun of him, I don’t think he is a bad guy. I do agree with him about a player wanting to get better. As a coach myself, I have seen players with lesser talent but more work ethic pass more talented kids. Some highly talented kids just want to coast and hear everyone tell them how great they are. Other kids have that burning desire to keep getting better and have a goal to be the best at their game. When you get both (aka A.D., KAT, etc.) you have lightning in a bottle.

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm June 28, 2017 Permalink

Crean isn’t a bad person. I wish him well. Still going to make fun of him on occasion though.

13. J-Dub421
    11:44 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

So Tom, how did you manage to lose in the Sweet 16 twice, when you had two top 5 draft picks?

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 am June 28, 2017 Permalink

He had his whole team back from 2012 the next year, and should have been in contention for the title; but, alas…..team defense.