Evan Daniels singles out four 2017 recruits Kentucky’s in good shape with

© Joshua S. Kelly

The July evaluation period may be over, but there’s still plenty of recruiting to talk about. On Monday, Ben Roberts interviewed Scout.com’s Evan Daniels about Kentucky’s 2017 class, and the recruiting guru singled out four players Kentucky’s in very good shape with: Trae Young, PJ Washington, Hamidou Diallo, and John Petty.

A bit of his comments about each:

Trae Young, PG: “I think, ultimately, his decision comes down to staying at Oklahoma or leaving and going to Kentucky.”

PJ Washington, PF: “I think Kentucky is in good shape with him. He’s not going to tell you they’re his leader. But I’d say they’re one of two or three that are right there at the top, and I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there.”

Hamidou Diallo, SG: “(UConn’s) Kevin Ollie has made him a priority from day one. … I think there’s a long ways to go in his recruitment.”

John Petty, SF: “I know a lot of people have said that Kentucky’s the leader, and that might be the case. There’s going to be a draw to stay home. Avery Johnson and that crew have recruited him hard.”

Head on over to the Herald-Leader for more.

[H-L]

17 Comments for Evan Daniels singles out four 2017 recruits Kentucky’s in good shape with

1. ukbradstith
    10:16 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

No new KSR show today?

2. Matty_Cam
    10:20 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

I just listened to the last of yesterday’s show to see if there was any announcement. Matt said they’d be at one of their affiliates out in Western, KY. Nothing about a re-run. Also, silence on their (Matt, Ryan, STD’s) twitter accounts.

3. ukbradstith
    10:23 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

Must be technical difficulties, but you’d think something would be on the site about it.

4. mhatter37
    10:25 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

You all are correct that they did not mentioned anything about a re-run.

5. Bleedblueky
    10:27 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

Where in the world are Matt & Ryan?
    Hope they are just FINE!
    No announcement or update from KSR at all? Really?
    Pretty scary and unusual! Where is everybody?
    Hope this is not the Judgement Day 🙁

6. Basteballer
    10:32 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

They did talk about Matt’s dental appointment. But it is still very odd to not have an update on the site.

7. Booby Petrino
    10:33 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

Jurich has finally done what we all knew was coming…he had them dealt with the Louisville way. L yeah!
    Or maybe it was Ramsey. Perhaps collusion between the two.

• secrick
      10:44 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

What are you talking about, haven’t heard anything.

• Booby Petrino
      10:56 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

just a joke. they talk about Jurich’s power in Louisville and how he hates Matt, so just kidding around.

8. Matty_Cam
    10:33 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

According to the twitter world, something with Matt’s new TV contract was amiss so I’m guessing he’s back in Lexington dealing with that. The show was supposed to be in Benton but they cancelled due to the contract situation. Again, I’m more surprised that Matt, Ryan, Shannon, Drew, or Tyler have said anything about it on the site or on twitter.

9. CATandMONKEY
    10:56 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

I have to think that Ryan’s wife has finally unloaded on him for two weeks of sloppy convention hijinks. He will be on the DL for 2-3 weeks and evaluated on a day-to-day basis thereafter.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

Did she put Matt on the DL too, for contributing to Ryan’s delinquency?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:23 am August 3, 2016 Permalink

I seemingly recall that she may have, in the past, suggested exactly that possibility.

10. Caliparty09
    2:39 pm August 3, 2016 Permalink

Thanks to Cal and his unreal recruiting, I know absolutely nothing about the 2017 class. I will start paying attention when somebody commits. Not interested in hearing about a kid cutting his list to the final 30.

11. Louis Braille
    5:28 pm August 3, 2016 Permalink

Trae Young would be an awesome get for UK; but if he’s gonna be homesick, as much as I hate to say it, I’d rather he stay in OK.