Evan Daniels picks Kentucky for Jaden McDaniels

(Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports)

(Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports)

When it comes to college basketball recruiting (and slim fit three-piece suits), no one on the planet knows more than Evan Daniels. He is the one to trust in the recruiting game, which is why you will be very thrilled to know he logged a pick for Kentucky in Jaden McDaniels’ Crystal Ball predictions early this morning.

Daniels called it a gut feeling about the five-star power forward, who has been extremely quiet and reserved throughout the whole process.

“We are coming down the stretch in Jaden McDaniels’ recruitment,” Daniels explained to KSR. “Kentucky and Washington have been getting a lot of play lately, but my gut says Kentucky is in the best position to land him.”

The timetable for the decision is uncertain, much like everything else in McDaniels’ recruitment.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Evan Daniels picks Kentucky for Jaden McDaniels

1. ScottGreene22
    12:04 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Nice

2. JerryCat
    12:13 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Could this mean that EJ is gone?

• bigbluenationmbb
      12:14 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Doubt it

• Rick_S
      2:00 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

• mashburnfan1
      8:15 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Where is EJ going? Only place he could go is transfer as he has zero chance to be drafted this year. Guess he could go overseas.

3. bigbluenationmbb
    12:15 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

I said this yesterday Tipton leaked his choice lock to Kentucky

• nocode96
      12:48 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

I saw you say that. Where did the leak show up?

• bigbluenationmbb
      9:31 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

One of my Kentucky pages I follow on Instagram messaged Tipton about who Kentucky is getting and he said he knows we are getting McDaniel’s and juzang for sure and the page that I follow posted it

• BLUE WHITE
      12:18 pm May 9, 2019 Permalink

I call bs

• CatsNationBBN
      1:41 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

i also seen it

• MACDADDY
      2:19 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

What did Tipton say?

4. Wade
    12:23 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Ej ain’t gone imo but if nick stays he should go if we get mcdaniels

• mrknowitall1981
      1:07 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Richards wouldn’t leave based off McDaniels coming. He is nowhere near a post player and is about 185 pounds soaking wet.

5. hutch
    12:51 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

I know they say the kid shys away from the limelight… most say that’s why he wouldn’t come to Kentucky but he could lay in the shadows of EJ, Nick, Sestina… he’d actually have more pressure to produce early at Washington imo

6. VirginiaCat
    1:11 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

In most cases, I would be overjoyed at the prospect of landing a top 10 recruit, but I have mixed feelings with respect to McDaniels, McDaniels shuns the spotlight, which might be problematic at a school like Kentucky where the spotlight burns bright 24/7/365. He is also enigmatic, appears aloof and detached, which could be an issue in terms of chemistry and motor while in college. My concern is that he might just go through the motions while in college, but admittedly, that is a feeling only and I would appreciate any input from anyone who is familiar with his game. Right now, though, if given a choice between Blackshear and McDaniels, I would take Blackshear’s experience hands down. I expect to get lambasted by the usual suspects, but hope that meaningful input will be offered as well.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      2:29 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

I agree we should have Blackshear as objective 1. He has a decent freethrow and 3 %, 2 things that knocked us out of the tournament, and he’s already proven he shows up more in the limelight, which can have a greater calming effect. This is all while still having the ability to bang down low.

7. notFromhere
    2:29 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Every good KY team has at least one kid that is selfless and not fond of the spotlight. Darius Miller was that kid a few years ago.

• TheMaxCat
      3:07 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

I think the “avoids the limelight” line has been overplayed. The other side of that coin is that Kentucky will prepare you better than any other school how to grow up and handle it because if he is planning on playing professionally (and I assume he is) then its something he needs to be able to handle.