ESPN predicts Ohio State for Damien Harris, Kentucky for two others

With 100 of its 300 top targets still weighing their options, ESPN Recruiting tried its best to predict where each uncommitted member of its ESPN 300 will eventually go. Damien Harris, Kentucky’s top target, is believed to be heading to Columbus over Lexington:

harris

As a consolation prize, Traveon Samuel (No. 17 ATH) and Jaylin Hayward (No. 22 ATH) are predicted to go to Kentucky but with a much lower confidence rate.

samuel hayward

[ESPN Insider]

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for ESPN predicts Ohio State for Damien Harris, Kentucky for two others

1. New nickname
    12:52 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Speculation

2. STUPID
    12:55 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Why post this? You could easily link a couple HOB post from JRowland and have far more accurate information. BIG wideouts are the focus this year, and the top “slot” guy we are in on isn’t one of these 2.

• Drew Franklin
      1:04 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

So angry.

• btowncatfan
      2:16 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Well Drew he is stupid, it says so in his user name.

• Col. Vasabar
      3:00 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Well poop, the confidence meters are not where they need to be!

• UKfan
      3:03 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

When you are a bag boy, it is easy to stay happy.

3. Brad
    12:56 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I think I follow football recruiting pretty closely, but this is the first time I’ve heard of the latter two.

4. M
    1:07 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I’m glad they’re using a confidence meter. It’s really helpful.

5. Cats, Cats, Cats
    1:14 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Wish I could say I disagree about Harris. I admit I know absolutely nothing about it other than what I see/read, but seems to me, as of right now, he’s OSU…………………..and that literally disgusts me.
    I lived in Columbus awhile in the early 80s, attended a few Buckeye games, and even cheered for them when I went. The obnoxiously arrogant fan base totally turned me against them.

I would be so thrilled to have him come to UK, but if not, please Damien, GO ANYWHERE BUT OHIO STATE!

• KentuckyBob
      12:14 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Who do ohio state fans think they are trying be more obnoxious than us UK basketball fans!

6. Damien the Omen
    1:29 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I bet Samuel and Hayward couldn’t be happier than to be referred to as the “consolation prize”. Could you use more insulting language?

7. Blue To The Bone...
    1:55 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Cats, Cats, Cats…I have a lot of confidence in this staff and I truly think that if we have a respectful season and the rbs do well that there is no reason for Damien not to be a CAT!!!…He can keep this ball of recruiting going and his decision could possibly bring others along…STOOPS TROOPS!!!

• its all relative
      2:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Sadly, a respectable (I think that’s what you meant) season for this program at this point in time is 4-8. Anybody expecting more either has a short memory or delusions of grandeur. And a 4-8 season may not be enough compared to a Buckeye record of 10-2 or so.

8. sincitycat
    1:57 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Maybe Harris wants free tattoos (wink).

9. Dutch
    2:04 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

As much I would like to have Mr.Harris go to UK, if he does not want to be talk of the entire state of Kentucky,he can go to OSU and be a fish in a big bowl….If he flops there he will have a regret for a lifetime that he could have been a local and state legend….Whatever he decides I wish him good luck!

• its all relative
      2:17 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

This argument from UK FB fans always cracks me up when we expect our basketball coaches to land kids from all over the country, having these out of state recruits forsake their home state school to come play UK bball, because we are a powerhouse with a chance to win the National Championship every year. We say “you don’t need to be the man at UK, come be a team player and still get drafted”. In other words, the same thing you advise the #1 running back recruit in the nation to do is exactly what we expect the elite basketball recruits NOT to do!!! LOL, why would he flop there if he is a bona fide talent? p.s. Yes, I would love him to come to UK and I hate OSU football, but I can understand why a KY kid would go there…or Bama, or FSU etc.

10. Haha - SO ANGRY
    2:08 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

STUPID burned ’em! Haha – that was good. My thoughts too. I read this like really? Not the same info I get…

11. gordonm
    2:08 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

What is ESPN speculating on the Duke football recruits? Inquiring minds want to know.

12. UKfanNKY
    2:19 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Harris to KENTUCKY bank on it……….WHY NOT GO CATS!!!

13. catlogic15
    2:19 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Of the 200 of ESPN’s top 300 that have committed, which have committed to UK by position?

14. gordonm
    2:30 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Of those that read this site and subscribe to ESPN Insider: Do you get your Money’s worth?

• ALEC
      3:34 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Cats Illustrated is much better

15. Tyler
    3:39 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Inaccurate information. This is the reason I will not get an Insider account. We haven’t even offered Traveon Samuel! If you want accurate, up-to-date and true “insider” information head over to HOB.

16. bluegrassstu
    5:01 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Osu is very deep at running back, I can not see Damien going to that school.

17. Paul
    5:56 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

#16 makes a valid point. Living here in Ohio I have seen highly rated kids never see the light of day on the depth chart. Thinking of an o-lineman from Highlands. Never got beyond the practice squad but he “Loved the experience.”