Emmanuel Mudiay to announce tomorrow

There’s a new development in the recruitment of Emmanuel Mudiay. The top point guard in the 2014 class has to decided to announce his decision tomorrow at the Under Armour Elite 24 game. Mudiay has long been considered to be a Kentucky lean, but the timing of the announcement is concerning. He has visited SMU several times recently and Scout.com’s Evan Daniels tweeted that he wouldn’t be shocked if Mudiay chose to stay close to home.

And then there is this tweet from Mudiay last week…

Now we worry.

Article written by Drew Franklin

79 Comments for Emmanuel Mudiay to announce tomorrow

1. AO
    6:43 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I’m with you guys. he’s gonna be a cayut

2. Seth in Huntington Beach
    6:45 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

In Cal we trust… Let the pieces start falling into place…

3. Revolucious
    6:47 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Larry Brown is old.

4. Judd
    6:47 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

we don’t need no stinking Mudiay

5. Blueswade
    6:48 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I’m a bit nervous…..Is the sky gonna fall ?

6. Wildcatsteeler
    6:50 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

This can only mean he’s going to SMU. Where he’ll stunt his development, accomplish nothing, and hurt his draft pick. GL with all that.

7. OMGMattyG
    6:51 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Oh, no… I hope Mudiay wasn’t displeased with the site redesign!

8. cotton nash
    6:51 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

You just never know. But I trust Drew,….and so I’m sort of worried. If not Mudiay,..then full court press on Tyus Jones. But again,..you just never know. I got to think he picks the Cats. If he is smart, he will.

9. timefor9
    6:51 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

isn’t he coming to big blue madness? but i mean i guess you can always cancel visits.

10. Louisville1Cal4
    6:53 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Hmm not sure how I feel about this… I’ll either be real happy or real sad tomorrow.

11. Shawn
    6:53 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I have It on good authority from someone who would know, he Is coming to UK. This decision was finalized around the 17th.

12. Truth
    6:53 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

This payback for PayPal Cal being a scumbag. PayPal offers Ulis because he knows Mudiay isn’t coming. Recruits saw PayPal’s “development” of Harrow last season. Suck a D, hilljacks!

13. Mike
    6:54 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

He could mean “shock the world” by the fact that his sudden announcement is a bit of a surprise.

14. RMP
    6:58 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I hope we get Mudiay but whatever he decides, he decides. What I’m looking forward to is Blake Bone announcing this week.

15. Shawn
    7:00 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Mike you are correct good sir. Mudiay will be a Wildcat…..point….blank….period. BTW Harrow couldnt even tie Mudiay’s shoes on his best day. No comparison.

16. Hicks
    7:03 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Meyer and the cats pause guys just switched their picks on the crystal ball. He ain’t coming and I can’t believe he would pick SMU over Baylor or Ok St. if he wanted to stay home. He will still be a great player but he just cost himself any chance of being number 1 overall in the draft. There will always be the question of the competition he played against in college.

17. Ridge Runner
    7:04 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I gotta scramble around and find when the game is tomorrow and who is covering it… Fingers crossed it’s us!

18. trey
    7:04 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I know a while back somebody asked this, but how do you log in to KSR? I’ve tried going to that wordpress website to get an account set up but I get lost trying to find out what to do.

19. bosshog
    7:06 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Seems like it might be great news for SMU, and it would certainly be one of the dumbest decisions in the history of recruiting. SMU?

20. mark93
    7:07 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

last time someone shocked the world they went to kansas

21. Shoot
    7:09 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

There are Texas politics at play here involving PrimeTime Prep and the ability to become an accredited school. Some of the powers that be are SMU alum and Mudiay helps seal the deal.

22. UofLfansaywhat
    7:09 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I was hoping the site redesign would have a stupid filter that would prevent UofL fans from getting on…guess that will be in the next version.

23. Shawn
    7:09 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Quit pissing In your panties. Some people have the job of selling subscriptions. HE IS COMING TO UK!

24. Ksr site
    7:09 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

New website is just aweful. Aweful. 🙂

25. bosshog
    7:11 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Again, SMU? That is one he(( of a stupid decision-just cosmic dumb-idiotic.

26. GoCats2
    7:13 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I remember talking about the possibility of redesigning the website when Tubby was still around. I dont know if its worth waiting 5 years but it looks pretty good.

27. bigbluejon
    7:15 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

^Congrats on spelling awful wrong twice!

28. Jmf
    7:15 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

It’s going to be SMU.

29. Admiral Halsey
    7:16 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If he goes to SMU any chance he had at being the #1 overall pick goes up in flames.

30. Roflectomy
    7:19 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I am going to stay optimistic and say he’s coming to UK. No announcements of a cancellation of his Big Blue Madness trip came before this, so I think he might come here and still take his trip to Big Blue Madness.

31. JD
    7:22 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I have a bad feeling about this. I hope im wrong, but i have a feeling he’s going to SMU….SMH.

32. Drew
    7:22 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

It’s a package deal with turner n Mudiay to SMU. This one is gonna hurt

33. Average UL Fan
    7:27 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I wish elite talent wanted to come here. :'( Averaging more than one championship every 30 years would be nice.

34. bcat
    7:29 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

What the hell is an SMU?

35. Random
    7:31 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If an elite basketball recruit picked SMU over UK, it could only mean that the Pony Excess is back in town.

36. Jordan
    7:34 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Damn. This is definitely why Cal offered Ulis. I think we will get Ulis and maybe Young will come back

37. Truth
    7:38 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Andrew wiggins brother said a simular quote. But we need this kid!

38. KingTut
    7:40 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If he wants to go to SMU he should and I sincerely want him to. Just means he don’t have the heart of a Wildcat…

39. CATNTN
    7:40 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

The twins were a lock for Maryland. Noel was a lock for Georgetown. When is the next site redesign?

40. Big o
    7:42 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Worries me that Cal offered another PG recently. He usually stays with the kid he wants. Not a good sign but we don’t know the inside info. Wait and see tomorrow eve.

41. Big blue fan
    7:43 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I am still confident he picks Kentucky, along with Stanley Johnson and James Blackmon Jr. I hope we also get Trey Lyles and Devin Booker, but I could live without Lyles as long as he doesn’t go to Louisville.

42. Tennessee Wildcat
    7:45 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know what time and channel the announcement will be made?

43. Yup
    7:47 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Don’t you love how all the “experts” on 247 change their crystal ball picks and jump on the rumor bandwagon? Desperate to keep their “insider” status

44. Yup
    7:48 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Game is on ESPNU at 7

45. Linda Taylor
    7:49 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

42 – 7:00 pmE ESPNU

46. Hicks
    7:53 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

No way Larry Brown would steal a recruit from Cal and not give him the heads up. This is why we offered Ulis. The Wiggins decision was tough but you can’t say it was dumb from a self-interest stand point. This decision just cost Mudiay a couple million dollars. He could put up 25 and 10 and scouts will still question the competition. If he doesn’t put up those kind of numbers then he could fall out of the top 5. He just put a ton of statistical pressure on himself, you can’t go top 5 on potential when you play at SMU.

47. Jordan
    7:59 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

We will get Ulis, Vaughn, Blackmon Jr, Booker, Johnson, Okafor and Lyles not a bad class. Then bring back Young, Dakari and Lee, maybe Poythress again if he doesn’t develop quickly enough. That is #10 fellas

48. Jordan
    8:02 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

+ Towns almost forgot about him, Plenty of size and depth on that team. Mudiay is making his own bed hope he feels good at night

49. Krispy Kreme
    8:03 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

SMU…how many times will he be triple teamed?? Maybe his dream is to be an accountant?

50. PhilUK18
    8:13 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

The “shock the world” tweet is a little unsettling. Looks like it’ll be Ulis and Hawkins running the point in 2014?

51. DesignatedDrinker
    8:15 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Larry Brown will be 73 at the beginning of next season. On a different note, the pop-up ad on the iPhone screen is incredibly large and annoying. Will probably only visit the site now to troll these message boards. Twitter is better for info anyways. You can see someone tweet out info, then watch the KSR staff tweet it out 5 minutes later.

52. Kyreds
    8:27 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I rather have him than a small point guard.Could it be that Coach Cal has lost the pull with big time point guard? Hmmmmmmmmm

53. Shall
    8:34 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Just because he offered another point guard doesn’t mean he won’t commit he’s not going to loose playing time to him and I also think Cal doesn’t want to end up in the same situation as last year with bad point guard play at all by having enough quality guards.

54. Shall
    8:36 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Commit

55. Mc
    8:36 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Well, I guess Perkins could still get an offer now lol. Hope we get Mudiay of course.

56. Ky99
    8:45 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

@52 yes you are right Cal has lost his touch. #1 pg, #1sg, #2 sf, #1 of, #1 c and the greatest recruiting class EVER! I am pretty sure he is still not worried about your dumb @ss thoughts

57. Bob
    8:54 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

We’d better win it all this year because it’s going to be slim pickings next year.

58. The anti wiggins
    8:55 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I would be shocked if he wasn’t like all the other recruits that wait till the day of signing day to announce.

59. Good times
    9:02 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If Cal didn’t think he was getting Mudiay he would have offered Perkins. I still like the Cats’ chances.

60. bmt22033
    9:23 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

It certainly doesn’t sound promising but I never discount Coach Cal. If Mudiay does end up at SMU, then it wasn’t meant to be and I wish him the best of luck. In the end, we’ll likely never know all the factors that went into his decision (whatever it is). As UK fans, we’ve really been spoiled by the influx of talent that Calipari has been reeling in and regardless of what Mudiay decides, Kentucky will still have a great class in 2014.

61. BlueDeuce
    9:25 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like SMU…we shall see tomorrow!

62. Capt
    9:45 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I just hope we don’t repeat the harrow team next year.

63. Mc
    9:51 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If Mudiay declares to SMU does Cal offer Perkins before Perkins declares?

64. Shaffer
    9:55 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I think he is UK bound. I remember a certain flat top fella saying he was going to shock the world and everyone started saying he was going to Georgetown. That worked out pretty well for us and I feel this will too

65. ok
    10:01 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Exum in December?

66. ukfan
    10:08 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I am disgusted over this Mudiay to SMU crap. EVERY single analyst on twitter switched their pick over to SMU as of tonight, what the F!!? If a couple of guys from this year don’t stick around (Young, Lee, Johnson, maybe Poythress) you can bet your asses we are going to have a Ryan Harrow type year all over again. The top recruits in 2014 just aren’t favoring UK for some reason, I don’t get it. I’m in the early stages of a full blown panic, deep breaths… at least we have a potential 40-0 season to look forward to first though…

67. J in Orlando
    10:11 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

I doubt he goes back to Perkins…doesnt seem to have had a great summer

68. bosshogg24
    10:13 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

What is this the Comedy Club? Most of these remarks sound like they are coming from 12 year olds with no logic or reasoning! I wouldn’t want to be in a fox hole with you!

69. Ball Hair
    10:16 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Bottom line, Cal has met his match. Larry Brown may be a bigger cheater than cow. Hard to believe, I know.

70. big O
    10:20 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Hey Drew Franklin. Does Cal know the decision? Let us know.

71. Blue To The Bone..
    10:39 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Why are all you guys forgetting Cal’s ace in the hole…Dominique Hawkins!!

72. bigO again
    10:43 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Never mind the previous post Drew. Just found out- it is SMU. Kid wants to stay close to home and Brown sold him on his connections and contacts with NBA executives. He will be 1 & done regardless. Cal found out about 3 weeks ago-thus the haste to get the little guy from Chi-Town to Lex and extend an offer. Turn out the lights. This party is over.

73. Marcus L Owens
    11:03 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Rashad Vaughn can play piont.

74. ukcat8fan
    11:15 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

This is concerning. I feel he’s going to SMU. He wont shock anyone by choosing UK.

75. big O
    11:17 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Shawn August 23, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Sorry Shawn. Your “someone who would know” source is wrong!!! Wish you were right! Kid will be a Mustang.

76. KMullins
    11:37 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Where are the comments?

77. leetrent747
    12:06 am August 24, 2013 Permalink

Notice all the words are spelled out except u….as in SMU. Be patient…Dante Exum?

78. Jordan
    8:31 am August 24, 2013 Permalink

The Twitter world seems to thinks it’s SMU. I’ve been on their campus, beautiful place. Mudiay would be a legend. We’ve seen stars go places that we don’t expect before: Beasley, Mayo, Mccallum even Bennett. I think Bennett not being on TV on the east coast and playing for UNLV while getting drafted number 1 could really hurt our recruiting. Now, coaches can tell recruits that come play for me for a year, don’t worry about class, don’t worry about anything, you get all the shots you want then go to the league. I still hold out that we get Mudiay. I certainly think the Wall comparison is true but the Ballislife Wall mix was played of my iPad maybe a 100 times. That Shamgod he rocked is still my favorite mix tape moment. For all we know the Twins told Cal they’d play for two years. Don’t freak out people we might go undefeated this year. Go Cats!

79. Not a Fan
    2:49 pm August 24, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay, Jones, Ullis, Exum gotta think Calipari gets one. But if he doesn’t, who suddenly opens up their commitment?