Elite Offensive Lineman RJ Adams Commits to Kentucky

@exclusivejaayy

One of the most talented blockers in America is going to be a Kentucky Wildcat.

R.J. Adams revealed to Rivals that he has committed to the University of Kentucky, choosing the Wildcats over Alabama and N.C. State. A four-star recruit, Rivals ranks Adams as the No. 12 offensive guard in America.

A one-time Penn State commit, Adams reneged his pledge to the Nittany Lions just days after he officially visited Kentucky for the Florida game. Recruited by Brad White, Kentucky was able to convince him to join the Big Blue Wall even after he took a late visit to N.C. State. Many believed he would join the Wolf Pack just hours before announcing his decision. Adams also held offers from LSU, Florida State, Oregon and Tennessee.

Adams is the fourth offensive lineman to join Kentucky’s top 25 recruiting class. An explosive athlete in the trenches, if he turns out like any of the other Wildcats from the DMV area — Josh Paschal and Boogie Watson — Kentucky will be in great shape for years to come.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

27 Comments for Elite Offensive Lineman RJ Adams Commits to Kentucky

1. Dark Soul
    3:35 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Yes sir. Stoops is the man

2. J-Dub421
    3:39 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Yes! Come join the Big Blue Wall!

3. CJKAssassin123
    3:58 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

One down, two to go!!!

4. CJKAssassin123
    4:00 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

We should be hearing about Flax very shortly. Last I heard though is that he was leaning War Eagle’s way despite hearing positive UK buzz the past couple of days.

• UKInsider
      4:13 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

From an Auburn recruiting blog:

Following his official visit last week there was a lot of confidence on the Plains he would land with the Tigers. But after an official visit to Lexington this past weekend, that confidence appears to have evaporated. UK has been after Flax much longer than Auburn and those relationships are looking to prove the difference. He will announce his decision later this afternoon and there’s always a chance the Tigers make a late push but it’s not looking good for the good guys right now.

If Auburn were to miss on Flax that would mean none of their 2020 offensive tackle signees would be participating in spring ball. No good way to spin that other than hoping some of the young guys on campus can take the next step.

Prediction: Kentucky (Lock)

• 4everUKBlue
      5:43 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, so Auburn is the good guys? Good info Insider.

• JASUN74
      6:18 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Yeah 4ever, I caught that also. Surely he meant UK, or maybe he’s trying to get a job with the damn war eagles. Lmao. Man I’ve seen about everything on him for the last month and I would’ve bet Auburn last weekend. After this visit though and getting him on campus, it’s going to be hard to turn UK down I believe. I really think if he picks with his heart, it’s Kentucky, if he listens to all those so called buddy’s that are trying to give him advice, it could be Auburn.

I would absolutely love to have him, he’s a bull dozer and strong as an ox. He’s ready probably day one to play and has three years I believe. He’s a man among boys most places he could go. Either us or Auburn is a great choice for him and I wish him all the best of course, selfishly I hope it Kentucky. Lol. Go Cats

• runningunnin.454
      8:21 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Fellas, UKInsider is quoting an Auburn blog…so Auburn is saying they’re the good guys…I think.

• 4everUKBlue
      11:16 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Yeah I totally got that he was quoting an Auburn blog, that’s why I thanked him for the info. I do think it’s funny they think they’re the “good guys” though.

• JASUN74
      5:10 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Thanks running!! That went right over my old head for some reason. Lol. Great day if all holds tomorrow and I believe it will. I’m just amazed at what this staff is doing now. I saw that CJKAssassin wrote somewhere that “in order to take another step, we have to get the five stars”or something to that nature. Well with the way out staff can develop players, they are five stars in a couple years with us, so if we can get between that top ten, fifteen Recruiting range, we can 100% make the playoffs and compete for a title.

Really, classes like this one is an awesome start, the talent level is off the charts better than most classes here and if we can just stay here and steadily improve, the sky’s the limit to what this staff can accomplish. The five stars are great to get and I can definitely see us getting more, we’re on the way up no doubt about it. Man I’m so excited Right now. Lol. Woooo. 5:09am and tore all To pieces. Haha. Go Cats

5. BobbyBlue
    4:08 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Dayumm Stoops has taken UK from struggling to recruit against mid majors to taking on the Big Boys and winning his share of the battles. Never thought we would ever see this at Kentucky.
    Just incredible !!!!!!

6. notFromhere
    4:14 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! YAHTZEE!!

friggin awesome news!

7. ClutchCargo
    4:14 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

I never thought I would ever see the day when the UK football program was being built to compete with the big boys in the trenches. We actually ARE the big boys in the trenches now, and still getting better. We have had moderate success at times with gimmicky offenses, but this is something entirely different. It may not be the air raid, but lining up and knocking the hell out of people is definitely more satisfying to watch.

• CJKAssassin123
      4:57 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Agreed!!! It’s what I like to call grown man football or rugby style of football.

8. clarks
    4:42 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

I hope stoops calls Lexington his home for his entire career and builds a legacy,and he is well on his way at this point

• CJKAssassin123
      4:59 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

I would to but if Lincoln Riley leaves for the NFL this off-season Oklahoma will probably come after Mark Stoops for obvious reasons. If Stoops were to take the Oklahoma Job he would take this recruiting class and staff with him.

• JASUN74
      5:23 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

CKJ, man sorry, but Stoops isn’t t going to Oklahoma!! And what Obvious reason are you talking about? Because his brother used to coach there? Way different coaching styles and a long way away from what Bob was doing when he was there. Now if he wins the SEC EAST THIS YEAR, they may call him after the year is over and Riley leaves, but come on now!!

Tomorrow is signing day so unless he gets the job before 8:00am this class is Kentucky’s. They can’t just leave after they sign! And I’d also guarantee you that Oklahoma has a top five maybe six class in the country, so no this group isn’t going to Oklahoma.

I’ve been here since day one and been behind Mark Stoops when most wasn’t, but wherever you’re getting what you just wrote isn’t close. I love Stoops here at Kentucky and he’s got it made here. He knows that too and he would be crazy to leave. If he’s smart, and I guarantee he is, he’ll stay here as long as he can, and that just fine with me. You have a good one.

9. CJKAssassin123
    5:03 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

I’m not surprised in the least that RJ pick the Cats was the most likely to pick the Cats today.

10. CJKAssassin123
    5:03 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Can Stoops pull off the Hat Trick?

11. ukkatzfan
    5:30 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in Big Blue land.

12. bbn606
    5:34 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

Great committ. I was beginning to get afraid we were going to lose him.

13. CJKAssassin123
    6:31 pm December 17, 2019 Permalink

We got Flax too!!! Yay group hugs in the showers tonight!!! Or not or not!!!

14. holdem197727
    7:37 pm December 18, 2019 Permalink

His announcement video was great he had on an Alabama shirt and then a UK shirt on underneath. It was awesome.