Drew Barker’s Big Night

drewbarkerbanner

Last night, everybody’s favorite KSR writer, Drew Barker, put up some big numbers in a scrimmage against Beechwood High School. The rocket armed quarterback was 17/22 for 178 yards through the air and had a touchdown pass to boot. Not to be outdone by his arm, his legs ran for 236 yards on 15 carries with two touchdowns.

The future is looking bright BBN!

Article written by Jonathan Schuette

23 Comments for Drew Barker’s Big Night

1. C Mills
    2:35 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

……And a pick

2. Reality
    3:10 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Not even close to the night the Trinity kid had. 400 yards passing and 4 td’s. didn’t even play much in second half. He is of course uofl bound. Suck it.

3. NorthernKYcatfan
    3:24 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Barker>uofl kid. How do we know this? You don’t even know the trinity kids name.

4. Dumb UK "fan"
    3:36 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Great last thing we need is another running back in 2014. Farr Stoops

5. Big T
    4:04 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Reggie Bonaffon is the Trinity players name and he is what Barker will never be. I’m also a UK fan but the truth hurts sometimes

6. NorthernKYcatfan
    4:23 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure you are a UK “fan”. Lol.

7. bdog
    4:23 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

2, who is paying for this kid’s Catholic education? I am sure he dreamed of playing at Trinity since he was just a tike…..or NOT…when a school sells its soul to the devil in the name of sports, well, I guess nothing else needs to be said.

8. Vindatuk
    4:25 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

You’re right Big T. He is something Barker will never be: a three star recruit.

9. Shamrock
    4:25 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Why do you assume that his parents aren’t paying his tuition? Hmmmmm. Anyway, Sindelar is better than both of them.

10. Big T(roll)
    4:36 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

“You’re right Big T. He is something Barker will never be: a three star recruit.”

Oh yeah…..well he will not be an Elite 11 QB either so take that!

11. Big T
    4:44 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Bonaffon was also at the elite 11 camp so you might want to get your facts right. You all have no problem with all the basketball players UK gets that have went to high school the same way Bonaffon is. I would love for him to come to UK. I also find it disrespectful how people bash a 17 year old kid they don’t even know.

12. NorthernKYcatfan
    5:04 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

11, he went to the elite 11 camp, yes, but he did not make the cut like Barker did for the real elite 11. Big difference.

13. Tony V
    5:16 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Barker=Towels
    Overated and will end up at Eastern or at Morehead where they belong

14. Barker
    6:34 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

If I was any good, I wouldn’t go to the armpit of college football. I am a terrible.

15. Towels?
    6:51 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Who is he?

16. NorthernKYcatfan
    6:57 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

14, finish your sentence. I am a terrible???

17. cats42301
    1:51 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

It seems like the people who talk the most BS on here are also the most illiterate. If you can’t spell simple words correctly or put together a simple sentence that is coherent, why would you want to demonstrate your ignorance to the world? Just my opinion. Does anyone else feel like I do?

18. formerNKYplayer
    2:09 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

Those numbers are not that impressive for playing against an NKY defense. The defenses up there are not as good as the rest of the state (Lexington and Louisville mainly). Miles Simpson was a record breaking running back in NKY, signed as a RB, and then he had to switch to defense because he wouldn’t have played running back here. Pat towels was a 1,000 yard rusher at Highlands, and its never even thought about that he could be a mobile quarterback here. If Barker doesn’t have absurd video game-like passing numbers every week, something is wrong

19. Jonah Hex
    9:03 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

Wow, we love Hatcher but are going to bash Reggie (and his school)because he is going to UofL?

1) Y’all know nothing about what goes on at Trinity
    2) Reggie dominated a Highlands team in just 3 quarters
    3) perhaps he isn’t rated as high pre season because he has been playing WR behind a 3 time state winning and national championship winning QB at Trinity
    4) Drew is great, and I love what he is doing for UK. But that doesn’t mean Reggie isn’t as good or better.

20. Not Again
    9:25 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe we recruited another big, slow guy from NKy to be our QB. What happened to Towles? Have we learned nothing? Geez…the more things change the more they stay the same. I’m going to get in line for Midnight Madness….

21. bdog
    11:41 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

#19, many people know what goes on at Trinity….don’t fool yourself

22. Come on
    7:34 pm August 18, 2013 Permalink

#21 I am literally 100% sure that Reggie’s parents pay his tuition. I say this because I am his big brother. It upsets me when people ignorant to what goes on at trinity assume that athletes just happen to find a sponsor to pay their tuition; It doesn’t happen like that. Comments like these hurt the most because my family sacrifices so that Reggie can have a top notch education and play for one of the premier football teams in the nation. We aren’t made out of money but by the grace of god we make it work. Drew and reg are both great quarterbacks and should succeed at the next level. GO CATS

23. Jonah Hex
    7:47 pm August 18, 2013 Permalink

21- as a former football coach and Trinity teacher, you have no idea what goes on there. It’s just easier for people to say they pay for their players, than to admit that they do things better. You’re no different than people who say the same about Cal and UK.

You’re a disgrace, and no different than the UK haters