Drew and Matt are in Winchester! (Friday Show Thread)

Kentucky Sports Radio is on the road in Winchester.  This morning Matt and Drew will be at the new Sleep Outfitters in Winchester, located at 1140 Bypass Rd.  Come for the fun, stay to hear updates on Ryan Lemond’s hair.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

30 Comments for Drew and Matt are in Winchester! (Friday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:09 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Happy Ryan Gets Hair Day!

2. CATandMONKEY
    10:12 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Anything less than a sedated Ryan, unleashed on the airwaves and i will be slightly disappointed.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Woo is a nice consolation prize at the moment.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Been away from KSR and the show thread because I have been camped out in the hospital with my dad. He is doing ok – weak and hallucinating from the pain meds, but stable. Let’s just say this week has been an eye-opening education on the f—ed up health care system we have in the USA. The people caring for him have been fine, but the government and insurance companies have enacted every roadblock imaginable to keep from paying for the care that he needs. Helpful hint – try to NEVER let them put you in the hospital as observation status, because if you are not inpatient, all your Medicare benefits go out the window. We are now facing the prospect of paying $400+ per day to have him in a skilled nursing facility, and $200 / hr for physical therapy. All because he is observation. 🙁

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

We need universal healthcare. Sorry you are having to go through all this. If I could I would bring you a lasagna or something.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Thanks J-Dub. A couple of beers to go with that lasagna would be good. 😉 Funny thing – my niece visited him last night, and asked if she could bring him anything. “Case of beer” was his response. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

There is legislation out there to eliminate the requirement for a 3-day inpatient stay for Medicare to pay for skilled nursing care. EVERYONE should get educated on this and make sure to help it pass. Call your legislators. When you are young and healthy, this is not on your radar, but let me say my eyes are open to how close we all are to being vulnerable to this. If you need skilled nursing care you should be able to get it – should not make a damned bit of difference if you have been an inpatient in a hospital.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:45 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

I truly wish the best for your dad. Prayers and praise to you for your for support of your father.

I have been a part of our healthcare system for the past 20+ years and completely agree with you.
      The concept of making a patient “Obs status” is a manufactured status that has little to no objective criteria to support the ridiculous difference in third party payment.
      There is ZERO difference in the level of care provided by the facility.
      The only difference is the time between a 23 hour stay and 24 hours. The capricious determination of observation vs admission is a made up product of the insurance industry and Medicare.
      Ridiculous.

Wishing only the best for your father, yourself and your family.
      Peace.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Best wishes for your dad. Hopefully he’ll get to enjoy that beer (but maybe not a whole case at once;) ).

• While I am not for universal health care (the government messes everything up), there are definitely plenty of problems with the system as is, and I’m sorry about your dad and your family having all that to deal with on top of the illness itself. My wife sees that sometimes as a nurse.

Prayers for you all man.

• J-Dub, it’s too bad we don’t have a way to PM one another on this site so that could happen without us having to broadcast our contact info to the whole WWW. Bringing food can mean so much when folks are ill. Kudos to you.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

I really wish a PM system existed. It would also make it easier to plan a show thread trip to watch a game together at the new KSBar.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

C&M, you are correct. Same procedures, same hospital room, same nurses and doctors. And he has been in “observation” since Monday. He fell back in Feb and was actually admitted as inpatient then. This time, on top of the fall he has 3 broken ribs and a laceration in his ear that required stitches. Too weak to stand up, and doesn’t know where he is. But somehow this time he did not meet the criteria for IP. Dirty little secret – hospitals can be penalized if they have too many patients come back in a 30-day span when they were discharged from IP status. Hence the drive to put patients in observation. It is a CYA move. The disconnect is the inpatient requirement to receive skilled nursing and therapy. Should be independent of a hospital stay, but it’s not – at least not in the eyes of the government. My dad saved all his life and paid into MC through his taxes, and now when he needs the help, he can’t get it. That’s not right. Sigh.

• Or meet up for those of you who can afford to go to games. I hope to see RCF at that ATL v’ball tourney one year, but at best it will have to be “I will be wearing a such and such shirt and will stand by Yami-Yami restaurant” or something like that.

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

cg, if I ever travel to Montgomery for a business trip, I will be sure to get in contact with you. 😉

• Cool. I’d prolly try to wear the same shirt that is in my Gravatar. 😉

4. runningunnin.454
    10:40 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Don’t understand the fascination with the guard from Hopkinsville. We have better guards already signed; and, his father’s comments and the kid’s social media activity are toxic.
    There will be no offer from Cal forthcoming.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Because there are some fans who are obsessed with having from Kentucky no matter what.

• I would like to have him, but I agree with whoever said in the comments (it may have been you RG, among others) that if he truly thinks he’s not a 3 or 4 year player, then he shouldn’t be intimidated by the competition.

I just hope he goes to a team we don’t play every year and come back to bite us. We shall see.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Yep, don’t want another Chris Lofton.

5. So Denzil Ware is going to Jacksonville State. As I posted on the other thread, I believe Jax St is still D1AA, so he could have played right away at that level regardless if the rules haven’t changed.

Fun fact: this is where Josh Clemons transferred to also.

• Yes, according to Wikipedia, they are still 1AA (technically “FCS” as it’s called now), so as far as I know you can still transfer down a level and play right away.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Is he from there? Jacksonville State seems like a huge step down from UK.

• I guess he wanted to be close to home but there was no room for him at Bama or Auburn.

He lived in Opp, AL at one time apparently. It’s a small town that is well south of Montgomery, not far from Andalusia, which you go through on the way to Ft. Walton/Destin. So, it’s not terribly close to J’ville, but in state at least. I have a friend who preached in Opp years ago.

Troy would have been a lot closer than Jax State, but Neal Brown may not have wanted tension with Stoops if he took him. They would have loved to have his game I would think.

• RealCatsFan
      11:38 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

Yep, very familiar with those town names on the meandering drive down to Destin. Made that trip MANY times. 🙂

6. J-Dub421
    11:26 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

I still have hotmail.

• I do too. I wouldn’t put it on a resume because some do look at it like Drew, so you wouldn’t want someone DQ’ing you, because some will, especially millenials.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am May 11, 2018 Permalink

I also have a gmail account and a work account. But the hotmail account is my primary personal account.

7. RealCatsFan