Drake Jackson says Tobias Gilliam is also a leader in UK’s 2016 class

Drake Jackson was a guest on Kentucky Sports Radio radio this morning and he was excellent, as expected. We’ll have quotes and the entire podcast up soon, but for now I’ll share this little tidbit about the 2016 recruiting class that I don’t believe we’ve heard before.

When talking about how he is the glue who is holding the class together, Jackson named Tobias Gilliam as another leader in the group. Jackson credits Gilliam with keeping the Ohio guys close together and on board with Kentucky. The three-star cornerback is one of 11 commits from the state of Ohio, so his leadership is equally important as Jackson’s.

Podcast will be up this afternoon with more from Jackson about his time at The Opening and his future at Kentucky.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Drake Jackson says Tobias Gilliam is also a leader in UK’s 2016 class

1. Pradeep Gupta
    11:17 am July 14, 2015 Permalink

Duke is a top ten university with a top ten medical school and a top ten law school (ask Matt Jones).
    Every Duke student can get into UK with a full scholarship while very few UK students can get into Duke and only a handful with a full ride. No wonder that the top KSR contributors never attended UK and were educated at much better universities.

• novalsi
      11:18 am July 14, 2015 Permalink

…the hell?

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am July 14, 2015 Permalink

What does this have to do with football?

• 8 god
      11:44 am July 14, 2015 Permalink

Duke student here. Not really sure why you felt this was necessary, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Duke is a relatively small, private university, which in itself makes it much more competitive. UK is a large public university, thus it is easier to get in, yes. Where your little rant falls apart is that there are dozens of Duke-qualified students at UK who attend (and only apply to) UK simply because it is the more reasonable option. I have ZERO financial aid or scholarship money from Duke (they hardly give any) and if my parents had not been very careful with their money, my only option would have been to accept the Patterson at UK, where I would have gotten paid for a fine education.

Duke puts students in a bad position financially, while UK offers an affordable, solid education — someone who graduates from UK law is still a lawyer. Don’t be so elitist; you give Duke a bad name.

• Wow
      1:19 pm July 14, 2015 Permalink

Everyone point and laugh at the supposed Duke student who hangs their hat on an expensive piece of paper. As an alumnus of the University of Kentucky, your comment SHOULD get me riled up. However, I feel bad for people like you. Obviously, your social skills and ability to use a sprinkle of tact are lacking, something that neither garners nor deserves respect. Good luck being a functioning member of society.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know that, even though Duke is apparently the pinnacle of all that is right with the world, you still care enough to come to a Kentucky site.

• Pradeep Gupta
      1:57 pm July 14, 2015 Permalink

The reason I visit KSR is for my summer independent study anthropology research project on primitive cultures

• J-Dub421
      2:05 pm July 14, 2015 Permalink

The reason you come to spout elitist crap on an opposing fanbase’s website is to troll and seek validation for your otherwise meaningless existence.

• Wow
      3:30 pm July 14, 2015 Permalink

As long as we’re leaning solely on our choice of college, you’re completely validating my decision to attend UK over the University of Chicago (yes, the one that is ranked above your beloved Duke). My aim was to avoid pretentious scumbags just like yourself. Thanks for making my week!

2. Billy Hill
    11:53 am July 14, 2015 Permalink

I sure hope Ohio State doesn’t need more Cornerbacks. I’d hate to lose Gilliam.