Dontaie Allen picks up offer from Louisville

Twitter | @MustangsMatts

@MustangsMatts

The scholarship offers keep rolling in for Dontaie Allen, the rising star out of Pendleton County. This time, it is Kentucky’s archrival.

The University of Louisville is the latest school to add its name to Allen’s offer sheet. The Cards offered Allen after he led all players in scoring at the Under Armour Challenge down in Georgia.

The offer is Allen’s eighth in a matter of days. He also heard from Oklahoma, Saint Louis, Pittsburgh, Iowa State, Illinois, Florida and Auburn.

I think he’ll get the call from Kentucky very soon now that John Calipari has seen him play. If not soon, then when?

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Dontaie Allen picks up offer from Louisville

1. UKantstopus
    10:36 pm July 15, 2018 Permalink

Not sure what else the kid needs to do to get an offer from UK… Us taking so long may cost us in the end…

• Ben27
      8:57 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

Why worry about Cal? Has he not done enough to prove his recruiting skills. This kid is nice, but not a program changer. Cal knows what he is doing! Just chill out and enjoy the ride.

2. Blublood41
    11:01 pm July 15, 2018 Permalink

It probably will, Calipari talked about scoring prowess as must going forward. Kid can shoot, has good size for a wing. And hes the type of kid who will probably be around multiple years. Just scratching me head at the thought process here where this kid is concerned. Somebody knock Cal in the head.

3. Rondo2Davis
    12:10 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

I’d rather Cal be tending to his own family than worrying about this kid. This is not a must-get kid. Let Cal make love to his wife without worrying about a junior.

4. Rondo2Davis
    12:10 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

But Go Big Blue!

5. TouchYoSocks
    3:39 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

He’s getting ready to be a senior, and will probably be a top 50 player when the new rankings come out.

6. CoachCat
    7:07 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

I think we’ve all seen if Cal wants someone he makes it crystal clear. Maybe there’s a reason he hasn’t gotten a offer

• Wade
      8:15 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

You know other teams will want to pull him from ky and put the press on him and cal won’t budge until he sees him his senior year against more competition. He always does that with homegrown talent and all others usually in the cusp.he never just hops and says here a Kentucky guy we want him and maybe that would show favoritism especially if your a top 50 guy and we’re usually after top 15 guys. Either way I trust cal and if we offer him and this is his dream school and he wants to be here, he will. No matter how long the process takes.

7. bigbluebanana
    7:39 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure there has been a crystal clear path to a scholly laid out to this kid by UK staff. When you’re an elite program and where a kid wants to go, you can afford to wait until the path you laid for the kid has been met. I wouldn’t sweat it, he will have an offer within the week, and if he doesn’t for some reason, Cal and those guys are literally the best in the business at this, I’ll trust that over fan instincts and even my own.

8. kjd
    8:36 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

I thought it was “in Cal we trust”? What’s all the worrying about?

• Wade
      10:38 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

We always lack in sf and he can shoot that’s a positive for us he can play 2 or 3

9. Kat4Life
    8:56 am July 16, 2018 Permalink

The kid wants to go somewhere where he can play…..to the extent that opportunity presents itself at UK he’ll consider us, but like TyTy he doesn’t want to be a four year spectator. I doubt we get him even if we offer.