Did the guys survive Las Vegas? (Thursday Show Thread)

@broncofan4life

Good morning and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from a hotel room in Las Vegas. The guys rolled in to Sin City last night, and judging by Drew’s Snapchats, some of them probably didn’t even go to bed. Did everyone survive? Tune in to find out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

62 Comments for Did the guys survive Las Vegas? (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

We need to talk about that great picture from yesterday. I was rolling in the floor and Matthew’s gif image with Home Alone thing was great!! We had a little fun with that at work yesterday.

Hope I can stay awake for the game.

2. Big Curt
    9:59 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Man, I hope Ulis plays tonight. They are a different team when he’s on the floor. GO CATS!!

3. bbn1524
    10:02 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Thoughts of today: Mitch Barnhart “Man why didn’t the U take Stoops”, U “Man I’m glad we didn’t get Stoops”.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:14 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I actually have to try to NOT say “Tylis Uller” now.

• Realme
      10:46 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Me too. I stumble over it every time now.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

It will always be on my bucket list to take an epic road trip out west like that. Need to do this before I get too old.

6. ukblue22
    10:16 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Stop in Vegas with the KSR crew. What could go wrong?

Had to know the one with the most impulse control was going to be the weak link.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Hate to say it, but those nasty Cards looked legit against MSU last night. And Crean’s Hoosiers disappointed me against the dookies. Would have loved to have seen them win so they could print up some new popcorn boxes and secure Crean’s job at IU.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:23 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Cards did look pretty good. They were very hot to start the game. If their front court starts producing offense they could be trouble for a lot of teams. We should have no problems if we are on our game.

I just paid off a $20 bet with a UofL fan- coworker for the football game. He was still very hesitant to put twenty on the basketball game even after last night’s performance. We decided to bet against the spread (unknown ) and he left me the option to bet it down if it was more than 8. He is skeered.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Yes, I hate to admit it, but U of L didn’t look like a complete dumpster fire like I was expecting. I still think we’ll handle them though.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:42 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I fully expected for IU to be better than UofL this season. Now I think UofL would beat IU by a dozen.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I forgot that these are the type of players that Pitino is actually good with. He’s way better at coaching the Russ Smiths and Damien Lees of the world than guys like Harrell or Behannen.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:17 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

It killed me last night though when the announcer said Pitino was the absolute best coachin the country at developing talent. Vomit.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Pitino is good at developing 3 and 4 star guys and getting the most out of scrappy undersized players, or late bloomers (think Gorgui Dieng). But he ruins 5 star guys.

8. Leave Ryan alone! He deserves a 12 dollar Coke for having the guts/nerve/gall/stupidity (take your pick) to pose for that photo yesterday!!!

Ryan, remeber this: your grand kids will see everything you ever put, or allowed to be put, online. 🙂

• Seriously, you have to give it up for Ryan. He is obviously a very secure person (IMHO) to take as much teasing as he does on this site and the show and to smile and laugh about it, and to pose for that photo on top of all that.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:25 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Secure or oblivious? Regardless, a great sport.

9. Living Legend
    10:20 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Matt, just go down to the gift shop, buy the $4 Cokes, and put them back in the room in place of the $12 Cokes. Problem solved

• Big Curt
      10:30 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

My thoughts exactly lol

• houndstooth
      10:35 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

sensors in fridge- not that easy.

10. Big Curt
    10:31 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I hope they don’t need showers tonight. That would mean the game is close and Matt has to take a shower so we can win lol.

11. houndstooth
    10:34 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Matt is taking a shower- is he nervous about not winning the show?

12. houndstooth
    10:36 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

What about Clooney?

13. houndstooth
    10:37 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

What about the girl who wanted to be the Y?

14. CATandMONKEY
    10:40 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Listening to Ryan from today’s show at half-speed might make him sound sober.

15. J-Dub421
    10:43 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I can’t blame Towles for leaving after the was he was treated by some of our receivers and the fan base.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

*way he was

16. RealCatsFan
    10:46 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Matt trying to get Ryan to take a shower reminds me of trying to get my 11-year-old to take one. And then once they are in the shower they are in there for 45 minutes. Had to shut off the hot water the other day to speed things along. I’m a mean dad. 🙂

17. RealCatsFan
    10:47 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Sounds like Matt needs a CPAP machine for his snoring. I can set him up with one!

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Oops – meant Ryan needs one!

18. secrick
    10:48 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

J-DUB, I agree and can’t believe a coaching staff would let the pressure of fans make them make the quarterback change.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Agreed, the staff needs to stop letting the inmates run the asylum.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:19 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I think we saw that QB was the least of our issues on offense.

• ClutchCargo
      12:09 pm December 3, 2015 Permalink

I see no evidence that the staff let the fans force a QB change. The fans have been screaming for Barker all season, but they didn’t make that change until the last couple of games. Towles had plenty of opportunity, but he just really isn’t that good even without the drops and bad OL protection.

19. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Crean being locked in at IU with a multi-million buyout is not that much worse than our situation with Stoops’ buyout. We are on the hook for at least $12 million even if he is canned AFTER next year. Bad decision by Barnhart – when was the last time UK Football had a head coach snatched away by a bigger program?

20. Cats or Die
    10:53 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Just got the show on. Where is Ryan?

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

In the shower in their hotel room.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Hope Ryan left Matt some dry towels. 🙂

21. RealCatsFan
    10:59 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

LSU is talented, but their coach sucks. Still, they will have a huge crowd waiting for us down there. Will definitely be a hostile environment. As much maligned as the SEC is in basketball, when UK plays on the road in those little crackerbox gyms, I don’t think there are many more hostile places to play. I would rank some of them up there with Cameron or at MSU.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

The SEC isn’t any worse than the other power conferences. Look at the Big 12. Everyone acts like the Big 12 is so tough, and Kansas is so great for winning it every year, but when is the last time a Big 12 team other than Kansas made a deep run in the NCAA tournament? The ACC and Big 10 are both top heavy.

22. Big Curt
    11:02 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I hope Ryan stays a good sport after he receives a new orifice in a few minutes.
    Kinda mean lol

• Big Curt
      11:04 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

…….but should make for funny radio. haha

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Ryan’s wife sounds like she doesn’t know how to have fun.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Wow, I hope this is not a “real” call, or Ryan is not having much fun in his life. My wife would probably just tell me to have fun with my buddies if I went on a road trip like that. My kids would probably roll their eyes and not want to be seen with me in public for a pic like that, but I doubt if they would be worried about me going off the deep end mentally. Sheesh.

• Realme
      11:15 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

She’s just as crazy as he is, probably doesn’t like being left behind to watch the kids while he lets loose. I say this based on their periscopes, which are my favorite.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:25 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I am always uncomfortable when Amanda calls in. She SHOULD give Ryan a ton of shite, but the idea that he is loosing his mind is laughable. KSR is as much a comedy show as a sports show and Ryan plays the roll of jester.

I suspect, based on her comment about her real job, making REAL money that she is none too happy with the paycheck Ryan receives vs the amount of time he devotes to the show. Which may or may not be a legit beef.

Most ridiculous manner possible, Amanda.

• Realme
      11:42 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

She has always seemed to be kind of awful to me, until I started watching their periscopes. They actually make a really good couple from the perspective of those. She probably is high maintenance, but also very loving with Ryan and her boys. I think she was probably exaggerating for good radio.

23. Joe B. Yall
    11:08 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

LSU is missing some guys. They’ll be a different team by the time UK plays them. Esp by senior night.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Who are they missing?

• Joe B. Yall
      11:25 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Not sure. They mentioned it on the game last night. 2 or 3 contributors

24. secrick
    11:11 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

The big 10 has dominated the acc the last few years, maybe the talking heads will get off the acc bandwagon a little, but then again puke won it all last year.

25. houndstooth
    11:16 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Amanda is changing the locks right now.

26. houndstooth
    11:29 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

That podcast on football is awesome.

27. J-Dub421
    11:34 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Re: UK football, I know Swindle had his issues with false starts and holding etc. However, I can live with those, as frustrating as they were. Swindle always tried and worked hard, and conducted himself like an adult. A lot of times he was getting beat by guys who were better athletes. That sucks, but it’s life, and I can live with it. Sometimes you go up against someone who’s just better than you are.

Boom’s lake of work ethic, and the sand bagging and lack of effort by Badet and Baker is absolutely intolerable and unacceptable. I don’t know how those guys can sleep at night or look at themselves in the mirror everyday.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

*lack of work ethic. I cannot type today.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

They can sleep at night only because their coach allows them to. Maybe it’s a case of a lack of depth and talent “holding the team hostage”, much as Cal described things with the 2013 team, but next year with the incoming players and redshirts, Stoops is not going to be able to lean on that excuse any more. It’s a weak excuse no matter what. It’s totally on the coach to enforce discipline on the team.

• houndstooth
      11:45 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I bet boom, baker and badet sleep very well because they only think of themselves and nothing else. Those players who don’t play hard make it twice as hard on the players like swindle (whole offensive line) when they don’t make plays, receivers and backs didn’t block and had too many dropped balls. I don’t know how that is shannon dawson’s fault (maybe because he didn’t replace them)- but how can you fire him when players don’t play? Yes he called some bad plays but I blame some of the players for not playing hard. Like Jared said- send those guys packing.

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

Some of it comes down to respect for the coaches. A good player should want to win and play hard no matter what, but they are kids, and sometimes the coach can lose the respect of the players if he plays favorites and doesn’t enforce discipline evenly. However, as many a teacher can attest, some kids don’t show respect for anyone.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I never needed a coach to tell me to work hard and I was a freaking swimmer. I pushed myself to the edge of throwing up all practice every practice. Go hard or go home.

28. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

If Tinder was around when I was in my 20’s, I would likely either be dead or hoping that nothing other than pocket change falls down my pants leg. 🙂

29. Cat House
    11:47 am December 3, 2015 Permalink

I just found a picture of Ryan in the dictionary under hen pecked.