Did someone say juicy UofL gossip?? (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends. It’s time to gather around the radio and listen to everyone’s favorite program, Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, and Shannon will bring you the latest in UK sports and apparently, some juicy UofL gossip. Oh boy! That definitely makes today a must-listen.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

58 Comments for Did someone say juicy UofL gossip?? (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Booby Petrino
    10:04 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

“Juicy” UofL gossip…gross. I bet it squirts to the ceiling.

• RealCatsFan
      10:10 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Well crap, BP. I was eating breakfast and I bit into an orange and of course it squirted to the ceiling. Now I can’t finish it.

• catdaddyd
      2:27 pm April 20, 2017 Permalink

Just listened to the podcast and no Bill Lamb point of view. Was ksr forced to remove it?

2. RealCatsFan
    10:11 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

So, since today is 4-20, is UofL going to call it Jalen Johnson Day, or will it remain Chane Behanan Day?

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Jaylen was just celebrating Chane Behanan day.

3. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    10:12 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

What does everyone think the odds of Bam coming back are?

• rickwhitetx
      10:14 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

30%

• Realme
      10:15 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

20%

• RealCatsFan
      10:19 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Well, let’s just say that the odds are probably better that RCF will give up beer and pizza for the summer and drop 20 lbs. 😉

• BIGWALLIN
      10:25 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

• 0, but TJ and DL came back, so what do I know.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:31 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

I just randomly looked at 3 projected NBA draft sites, Bam was in the 1st round in 2 of them at 17 & 19. He gone. I personally think he can move up by draft night after some workouts.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Agreed Laker Cat. I thought it was stupid that a lot of sites had Bam so low. There’s no way he’s a second round guy.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:43 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

In the one he wasn’t in, they had the Tacko Fall kid (the huge 7 footer from the recruiting circuit a couple years ago) as a late 1st rounder. He’s so uncoordinated, huge project. I have a hard time believing Bam isn’t a better prospect right now.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

CG, I am pretty sure that Jones and Lamb came back because of the NBA lockout. If not for that, very possible that they go in the draft (Jones at least), and no telling if we win the title in 2012. I recall thinking at the time that this is what it would be like if the NBA had a 2-year rule. Wish it were so.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, and the “experts” are predicting Lonzo Ball and Dennis Smith?? ahead of De-Aaron Fox. Which is ludicrous.

• Realme
      11:02 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

They’re also predicting Monk (who just won an award for best shooting guard) out of the top 10. Dumb.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Any team that passes on Monk or Fox will be sorry.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Dennis Smith…who even watched NC State? I watched Fox own Ball twice…I expect to watch the NBA guards to the same thing.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

NC State fired their coach mid-season and didn’t make the NCAA tournament.

4. Realme
    10:27 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

So they’re about to pay a corrupt dude more millions to leave.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Happens just about every day in America. I guess that’s what makes this country great – right?

5. Folks, I know UL gets much well deserved ridicule here, but here is one UL student/father that we can all get behind. Coincidentally, I had never seen this video and just saw it at Bible study last night. The teacher happens to be a Christian counselor/therapist/professor, and he’s teaching a class on parenting at church. It’s very inspirational, and here you go:

• Oh, and it’s an ESPN video about a disabled student names Patrick Henry Hughes.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

He was on that home makeover show with Ty Pennington several years ago.

• Cool! I didn’t watch that show a ton, so I didn’t see that either. What a dad that guy is!

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

PHH played in U of L’s marching band as well. I didn’t usually watch the home makeover show, but I watched that one. It was a big deal in Louisville.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Yep, Patrick is really special. He gained national attention several years ago when he and his family were featured on “Extreme Home Makeover”. They built the family a new house off of Buechel Bank Rd here in Louisville. I recall that the production was quite a circus. There were huge crowds out there watching the house go up. Great people – even for Cards fans. 😉

• Yep, and the sacrifices his dad made for him were so touching. How long ago was he in the band? That video was posted in 2006, but I don’t know if it was current then.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

It was in the early to mid 2000’s I think. It’s been a while.

• RealCatsFan
      10:49 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

No J-Dub, it wasn’t all that long ago, because I remember that my kids enjoyed watching it. They weren’t born until the mid-2000’s.

Funny how as a parent you find yourself judging when events occurred by how old your kids were at the time. 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

I was guessing. I just know it was sometime after I graduated from college.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:15 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Patrick and his family were also on Family Feud for two nights. Steve Harvey had a great rapport with him.

6. J-Dub421
    10:30 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Papa John took out his big pepperoni. Lol.

Also, I’m pretty sure I know why Papa John is pissed. It’s because he’s donated tens of millions of dollars, a huge chunk of which has been embezzled by Jurich and Ramsay.

7. J-Dub421
    10:38 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Wow, Bill Lamb is a petty jerk.

• ukjaybrat
      10:45 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

i dont miss his annoying public service announcements since i cut cable

8. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

So is Cuanzo Martin the next Johnny Jones?

• ukjaybrat
      10:46 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

my guess? yes…. but we shall see.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:50 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

I think Martin is a much better coach than Jones. He got a raw deal at Tennessee. With that said, Missouri should make the tournament and be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league if they get everyone they want. Missouri has nowhere to go but up. Good move for his career.

9. Did Matt just forget we also had PPat in 2009??? He wasn’t exactly chopped liver.

10. J-Dub421
    10:45 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Lorenzo Romar routinely did nothing with super talented 5*’s.
    Cuonzo Martin did nothing with Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb.
    Rick Barnes did nothing with lots of talent. (Texas lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament with KEVIN DURANT!!!!)
    Kansas gets lots of talent and routinely underperforms in the NCAA tournament.
    Look at the talent Duke had this year, and they were a disaster from start to finish, with the exception of an ACC tournament run.
    U of L is currently where 5*’s careers go to die.

Cal is a great coach and it is not nearly as easy as he makes it look.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

No taking away from Coach K, but there was a certain amount of good fortune that came into play with his 2010 and 2015 titles. And he should have had two of them vacated due to ineligible players – Maggette and Thomas.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Coach K is a good coach, but he gets beneficial tournaments draws a officiating regularly. Also, I am sick of the media fawning all over him all the time like he’s a saint. He’s not.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Whoever tweeted that hit the nail on the head. That is a big part of the crux of my issues with Coach K. Cal gets constantly criticized for his losses and gets no credit for his wins. K is the polar opposite; he always gets credit for wins and never gets criticized for losses.

11. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Oh, Pitino would have called time out in the NC game after our last basket?
    Don’t know about that; but, I bet Cal would have put a man on Grant Hill tossing the ball to Laettner,
    (I was screaming noooo before the ref handed him the ball)
    and we wouldn’t be watching “the shot” for 20 years.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Lol, I was typing that comment when they said the same thing on the show…great minds, I guess.

• Yeah, last night I wanted to sooth my somewhat still bummed state from the UNC lost and their eventual natty, so I watched the last 10 1/2 minutes of the Duke 98 comeback.

What’s funny is this: go watch when Jeff Sheppard is fouled at about the 6:20 mark. Duke got called for a flagrant because it was a forearm to the chest or chin, and the guy goes to the bench and tells his teammate “It was an effing flop!” Hilarious, considering that Dookies perfected the art.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

Jurich is successful partially because he has no moral compass – he has no conscience about crushing anyone who gets in the way of his ambition. He is extremely smart and cunning, but also cold and calculating.

13. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

So I guess if you live in Butte, Montana, does that make you “Butte Ugly”? 🙂

14. Realme
    11:11 am April 20, 2017 Permalink

So was it the Jurich rumor or the Bill Lamb comments that got iheart bosses stirred up?