Dickie V on Kentucky Sports Radio, baybee! (Wednesday Show Thread)

dickie-v-hooters

Good morning and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. This morning, we will be joined by the one and only Dickie V, who will call in around 11:05 a.m. to talk about the Cats. Matt and Ryan will also discuss what the football team’s real chances are at upsetting the Gators on Saturday.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

213 Comments for Dickie V on Kentucky Sports Radio, baybee! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I rise today to speak until I am physically unable to do so in support of the restoration of the Santa Kige picture! I wish senators could just bring random people in to let them talk during speeches or filibusters… I would love to see Ted Cruz let John Short, The Truth, and James address the senate on defunding Obamacare.

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

But don’t tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
    I just don’t think it’d understand
    And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
    He might blow up and kill this man
    Oooo. There.. Now play some night court music.

So really another reason to not trust the NCAA. Really?!
    NCAA reduce penn state sanctions! Really?

3. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    9:57 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Expect some showers today.

4. Jake In Pittsburgh
    10:00 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

@ MattJones

The hardest job in sports over the weekend had to be putting together the highlight reel for the first half of the Florida Game!

5. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

KSR could have it’s own filibuster… so could I. that’s my point of view.

6. kentucky effect
    10:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

@ 2…. OK, so we have regressed to typing out lyrics on the show thread. I think your mentality left when your hair did… WOW!

7. Bluegrass
    10:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I cant wait to hear from Dickie V!! Love his passion!!!

8. Winston
    10:02 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for the warning, Mrs. T. 11:05.. *click”

9. AnthonyBBN
    10:05 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

So I just heard an ad where Matt said when I think KSR I think Appetizers? NO Matt JOnes, you do NOT tell me what to think!

10. UK_JB
    10:05 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

It left before that.

11. AnthonyBBN
    10:08 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who quotes/shares/alludes to the camel makes me want to punch them in the throat.

12. Chris
    10:08 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN SHORT!!

13. KevinM
    10:09 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

So Matt, are you going to ask Dick about PJ and the silencing of Lance Thomas…..or…

Is this just going to be another stamp of approval from Dick?

14. DrSayre
    10:10 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

His name is Ted Cruz….not “That Guy”

15. Bluegrass
    10:10 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I could talk about Kentucky Basketball for more than 19 hours, no problem at all.

16. ALLHAILCAESAR
    10:10 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

You aren’t a fan because he is a Republican and you’e a nice Liberal Democrat Matthew 🙂

17. J in Orlando
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

13 Vitale wouldnt know a thing about it, so why ask?

18. Chris
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I bet James could talk for 19 hours

19. leslie
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ted Cruz is articulate. Does not need a teleprompter.

20. UK_JB
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

IE… Chris Cross.

21. Bluegrass
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I bet Ryan could talk about Zeus for 19 hours

22. AnthonyBBN
    10:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ever since people have found Taber’s twitter profile (and pics) they are far more interested in talking to her than you Matt.

23. RAZR RAYBOB
    10:12 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Hump Day commercial is the #1 commercial of all time.
    I read it somewhere!!!!

24. Bigblue7609
    10:12 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I would talk only in wrestling punchlines. I am a real american, we the people would agree, and that’s the bottom line if you smell what I’m cooking. And If you didn’t know then you a** better call somebody. Woo.

25. UK_JB
    10:13 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Yeah when you get married that will end. ASAP.

26. Bluegrass
    10:14 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, as much as your future wife will say that she’s “cool” with your friendship with former girlfriends, over time that will end, Ryan is right about that!

27. Bigblue7609
    10:14 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I bet when Billy Ray Cyrus wrote that song he didn’t know that while he was asleep he had a vision of his daughter in the future. Miley is the reason for his Achy Breaky Heart

28. TrueBlue63
    10:14 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, do you hate the fact that Danny Trevathan and Wesley Woodyard were getting such high praises on MNF? They were players during Jokers years (where he either recruited them or was head coach).

29. Al Becker
    10:15 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Vitales’s act is as stale as a 3 day old honey bun. Time for him to go babbling off into the sunset.

30. UK2K
    10:16 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Say what u want about him as a coach but Joker is still one of us, born and raised a KY guy, spent 20 yrs at UK and he even still has season tickets

31. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The only grudge I hold against Joker is for those horrible photoshopped “Play for the Joker” tweets.

32. CECIL
    10:16 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I sit behind the visitor bench…..Joker will hear it, especially for a night game….there is one guy that is pretty funny, and a few drunks that are not.

33. inlinefor9
    10:17 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Look Joker is from UK and was a coach with UK for a long time, but he DESTROYED the program in 2 years. I MIGHT not boo him, but I’m not going to forgive him less than a year from his complete gutting of the program. We had a chance to take UK to a respectable level in the SEC and he completely bombed us.

34. UK2K
    10:18 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker will actually probably be up in the press box during the game

35. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:18 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I know that the basketball coaching position follows the pattern great, good, drunk. Hopefully Stoops ends the football pattern of okay, mediocre, and bad.

36. Bigblue7609
    10:18 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Can’t hate one of your own just because he got a job he couldn’t handle.

37. OwensboroDavid
    10:19 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, why you ragging on Ted Cruz? As least he has the balls to stand up to Congress for what the people believe in. I bet you were cheerleading when Wendy Williams was fillibustering in the Texas senate for abortion rights? It’s ok to fillibuster to murder the unborn but not ok to fillibuster Obamacare? Stick to UKsports please. 🙂

38. UK2K
    10:19 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

31. In all seriousness that is student interns doing that for the whole coaching staff

39. Doo Doo Brown
    10:20 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The program isn’t destroyed. Why the dumb exaggeration?

40. inlinefor9
    10:20 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Okay well let’s look at it this way Matt, if one of your writers one day took over the reigns of managing KSR and in less than 2 years, ran the site into the ground and ran off almost all the visitors to the site. Would you just be willing to forget that immediately, knowing she/he tried hard?

41. Bigblue7609
    10:21 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

You notice in that song he never says I’m a head Coach

42. St. Paul Raiders
    10:21 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan’s Body Shapes Medical commercial is awesome. At first I felt like it was terrible to run something with the errors he makes, but it’s grown on me and I actually crack up hearing “homone” every day. I think it’s probably more valuable than if it was flawless.

43. AnthonyBBN
    10:23 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker may have been in over his head but he DID coach UK to the end of the TN losing streak. Won’t cheer him, but won’t send him hate, he is part of UK and good/ill always will be.

44. J in Orlando
    10:23 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

39 it was well on its way before Mitch made this critical hire

45. Waddy Body
    10:23 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Fans should direct their energy towards cheering for KY during game. Dont waste your energy on the previous coach.

46. Will Muschamp
    10:24 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, how out-of-touch are you with college football? Will Muschamp is not even remotely on the hot seat, he went 11-2 last season. Out of 126 coaches (Saban 125, Urban 126) Muschamp ranks 99th, which means he is pretty damn safe. He isnt Urban Meyer which means some Florida fans dont like him, but there is literally no chance of him getting fired this season.

47. Bigblue7609
    10:24 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Woo! 48 Biggins

48. Bluegrass
    10:24 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

While we are getting people more followers on Twitter, let’s get the majestic John Robic’s Hair account more followers!!!

Twitter.com/JohnRobicsHair

49. bluemanchew
    10:24 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt with the bully pulpit this morning. i don’t think that someone trying to save america is a wacko . and now I can’t hate on joker . get over yourself.

50. brain
    10:25 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I’ll take the breasts and pass on the wings.

51. UK_JB
    10:25 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if John Short could pick the day he was born on?

52. Ole D-white
    10:25 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Shorts birthday is exactly 7 days after mine.

53. AnthonyBBN
    10:25 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

You know, I know John Short is nice fellow, but listening to his calls bring me pain.

54. Bluegrass
    10:25 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

When Muschamp loses to UK this weekend he will be on the hot seat quicker than any coach in America

55. bluemanchew
    10:26 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Now a message from allison grimes

56. robuk
    10:26 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dickey V transcends basketball. He is the best ambassador we have outside of coaching. He gives a lot to charity and loves people.

57. kentucky effect
    10:27 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt wants everyone to take it easy on Joker but bashes the man who brought our Basketball program back from dead on a daily basis. A TRUE OBSESSION IF THERE EVER WAS ONE….

58. bluemanchew
    10:28 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I’m allison wonderwhatcountyilivein Grimes and I approve this message

59. JumpDaddy
    10:28 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones says Allison Lundergan Grimes is not young, vibrant, or exciting.

News at 11…

60. Champ
    10:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Worst thing about listening live instead of on podcast: you cant fast forward 2 minutes when someone says they have a “funny story” 😉

61. JumpDaddy
    10:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

John Short honestly sleeping better

62. Delaney Hanley
    10:30 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

If Johnny Short is only 48 he must be the original Michael in Dallas. He must have been 10 when he called in to Cawood.

63. Jamie
    10:30 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Whats the email address for the show ?

64. JumpDaddy
    10:31 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

How cool is it that the chick doing the news during the break is named :”We Woo” …

65. Delaney Hanley
    10:33 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure Madison could start with his two questions and filibuster for 19 hrs as slow as he talks.

66. Hank Hill
    10:33 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker was terrible but he received zero help here. He never once was given the benefit of the doubt that Stoops gets or Strong got at UL his first year. He was destroyed for not going for it against UT and every other questionable decision he made. KSR and the fans are partially responsible for destroying the trust the players had with the coaches with their constant negativity. When the players lose trust in the coaches you’re done, there is no recovering.

67. JumpDaddy
    10:34 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I used to cringe when Dicky V would call a wildcat game. Then my mom got cancer, and I learned all the things he does for kids with cancer. Much Love. I hope he lives a long life and gets to call any and every game he wants to call. What an exceptional human being. He gives way more than he takes, which should be the measure of every man.

Go big blue

68. bluemanchew
    10:36 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I don’t hate joker and wouldn’t boo him in CWS just don’t need matt telling me how to act at a game I paid with my money to get into. I support all our former players

69. JumpDaddy
    10:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Hey blew manchu …. turn off yer radio. Don’t be hatin

70. bluemanchew
    10:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Pray for pooh

71. Chris
    10:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt ask Dickie V about his thoughts on everything going on at Chapel Hill.

72. Ksr fan
    10:38 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you want us to treat joker the way you treat Shannon’s replacements. Does that mean we should call him the wrong name Saturday? Jester maybe?

73. inlinefor9
    10:38 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Again, I won’t boo Joker, but I’m not going to sit there and cheer for him and be happy to see the guy.

74. Nick
    10:39 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Everyone looks small to Z’sack

75. robuk
    10:40 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Zdarius shows no fear. He is the man!

76. Jeff
    10:40 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Anyone that would boo Joker is an idiot. Don’t like the job he did here as coach? Fine, he got fired. Those that boo would also kick a dog when it is already down. Joker is, and always has been, a nice guy who is a Kentuckian, wore the blue & white with pride, still has season tickets, and always represents Kentucky well. The fact that he was a poor coach doesn’t justify booing someone who loves this program and this state………

77. AnthonyBBN
    10:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

So are we saying UK is a career crusher for different reasons now? Why not?

78. bluemanchew
    10:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Z is a bad man and can talk trash to anyone he wants . we have needed this attitude on our team for years

79. Rob in Florida
    10:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

In Summer 1983 Joker and Bill Ransdell lived the same apt building as me and my party animal buds….sometimes they would drop by our parties (they were always well-behaved BTW unlike the rest of us)
    Joker was a class act even then, and I think he still is today

80. JumpDaddy
    10:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I have a question for Ryan, what’s the one thing matt does that drives you crazy?

81. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:44 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Chad Ford gets all of his insider NBA info from Ryan’s opinions on the radio.

82. Real UK Fan
    10:44 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

67 – Why do you think the fans destroyed Joker? He was here for years before he became head coach. He influenced the program and should have been able to improve the program not take it to a 2-10 season. His destruction was 100% his own fault. The fans should be praised for putting enough pressure on Mr. Barnhart to force him to make a change.

83. ebell55
    10:44 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Look at the current Cats in the NFL and you can thank Joker for that. He was very instrumental in getting everyone of those guys to UK. Rapheal Little who is underrated in the turn around at UK. Stevie Johnson Keenan Burton Dickkey Lyons and Cobb are some of the best receivers this University ever had. So Joker did great things at UK. His down fall was suspending Hartline for the Bowl game. It was all downhill after that.

84. Bluegrass
    10:45 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I think Randle has got the chance to be the #1 pick due to the fact that he will get (and already has) more publicity than Wiggins. Since they’re so close in skill the fact that one will get talked about so much more will be enough to put him in the top spot

85. AnthonyBBN
    10:46 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I honestly Z’darius brings it so hard to Tyler Murphy Saturday he actually just starts flinching when he sees 94.

86. AnthonyBBN
    10:48 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

And I mean he flinches at seeing 94 for the rest of his life.

87. Stoops Troops
    10:49 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I am completely against anyone bashing Joker. Now the Florida players, scream what ever you want at them (excluding racial slurs). Can we get Blake Shelton to sit behind Dom “I hate the South” Easly and scream sing ” chew tobacco SPIT” at the top of his lungs. Hope the fans give him a not so warm southern welcome.

88. inlinefor9
    10:49 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

This morning I was watching the UK vs UT 1997 football game. Couch v Manning. We had a minute to go in the first half down 21-24 and got to FG range with about 12 seconds left. Somehow we didn’t realize it and tried running a play and ran out of clock on like the 20 yard line. Laughed because it reminded me of all the fluke ways that streak managed to survive.

89. Dud Wash
    10:49 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Is that an average score of 42-16. wow!!

90. Ole D-white
    10:51 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The fact that Calipari was even watching Vaughn has probably helped in his recruitment from other schools.

91. bluemanchew
    10:51 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Tell Dickie V I appreciate all that he does for the cause. my dad and I got to meet him at a benefit. it made my dads last few days special he talked about him constantly until cancer took his life.

92. Dewayne Passmore
    10:52 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

When is the race scheduled between Ryan and 4.1 James? I’m sure he is feeling better by now. Can’t wait to see it.

93. TrueBlue63
    10:52 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Jim Carrey won’t get another dime out of me. I am forever boycotting his movies.

94. Bluegrass
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dumb and Dumber came out in 1994
    Dumb and Dumber To comes out 2014

95. James K
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

“A ways away” is one of my favorite southern phrases. It’s a unit of measurement that we Kentuckians all understand.

96. Travis
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

So you’re saying there’s a chance?!?

97. C_Cov
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Yes man was good

98. inlinefor9
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bruce Almighty?

99. Will
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

He’s been busy with Mr. Poppers Penguins

100. taylor
    10:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bruce Almighty!

101. Laker Cat 18
    10:54 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

It’s been 19 years since the original Dumb and Dumber was released. (1994).

102. C A T S #9
    10:54 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

“Yes Man” was pretty good…

103. ihavenolegz
    10:54 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” is Jim Carrey’s last good movie, and I would argue the best he’s ever done. A must-watch if you haven’t seen it!!

104. Bluegrass
    10:54 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Jim Carrey’s fall is due to the fact that he kept chasing the Oscar by playing a lot of non-comedic roles. But in my opinion he should have just stuck to what he’s best at – being silly. Glad to see him back!!!

105. M
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

What Hooters is that? Some of our girls look like they got hit in the face with a shovel. Of course they could of held those girls out of the picture.

106. Mark
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, did you see The Book of Manning ? How great was that ?!

107. inlinefor9
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Remember that “thriller” movie he was in? 23 or something like that? Why do comedians try to do thrillers? Stay in your lane.

108. JumpDaddy
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

4.1 James honestly feeling better, sleeping better, running better. Ryan will just be getting out of the blocks when James breaks the tape.

109. Nick
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

On Jeff Daniels twitter he put out pictures of him and Jim Carrey in character for the new Dumb and Dumber movie. Looks awesome!!!!

110. cats1068
    10:55 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Liar Liar was pretty funny

111. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I usually turn down pictures with firemen if the shot includes a fire.

112. KingRex
    10:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Jim Carrey is a D-BAG!!!!!!! Once he went nut-job-political calling gun owners “heartless M-Fers” etc.!!!!!

113. Mt Washington Mike
    10:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The Grinch was one of his best

114. JumpDaddy
    10:57 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

RE: Jim C. All his movies have really sucked. He is the same character in every movie. The ones he was in that are watchable are good because the plot and story line are good. They would have ALL been better with Ryan as the lead actor in his place.

115. inlinefor9
    10:57 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Lemmond still watches movies in Black and White. He’s like the movie critic version of Larry Vaught’s Droid

116. JumpDaddy
    10:57 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bring on Dicky V. Can’t wait. KSR history moment.

117. Bluegrass
    10:58 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I loved yesterday’s KSR episode – but to call it one of my favorites I will have to listen to it with sound first!

118. inlinefor9
    10:58 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Carrey refused to promote Kickass 2, not because it was so awful, but because he thought it’s use of guns in the movie was excessive.

119. Eli
    10:59 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The amazing Burt Wonderstone is best experienced without sound or images.

120. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:59 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan didn’t realize movies had sound yet. He still thought we were in the silent film era and that filmmakers just got lazy and quit captioning films.

121. kentucky effect
    10:59 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

@ 113….I agree 100%…. A total Nut Job Lib….

122. Zach R
    11:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

This is the first sequel The Farrelly Brothers have ever done. They wrote the original Dumb & Dumber, but not the one where Loyd and Harry were younger. This movie is going to be amazing. If you have never watched the behind the scenes of Dumb and Dumber it is a must watch.

123. JumpDaddy
    11:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan and Matt both have faces for radio

124. SEC Storied
    11:01 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The Book of Manning was amazing last night….anyone else see it ?

125. JumpDaddy
    11:03 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Oh crap, That was a Cameron Mills moment, say something that hurts their feelings and they have self loathing and doubt for years

126. bluemanchew
    11:04 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Tickle?

127. JumpDaddy
    11:05 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

mod·er·a·tion
    ˌmädəˈrāSHən
    noun
    the avoidance of excess or extremes, esp. in one’s behavior or political opinions.
    “he urged the police to show moderation”

128. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:06 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I like to listen to the Chris Cross show without the sound.

129. inlinefor9
    11:06 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

If UK fans could have filibustered the UofL-Michigan game before it started, would we still be talking?

130. kentucky effect
    11:06 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I heard someone yesterday said Tony Vanetti was Matt Jones “Lap Dog”….LMAO

131. JumpDaddy
    11:06 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

It would have been better if it had been “Ryan Almighty”

132. Bluegrass
    11:10 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I hope I am still this passionate about this sport I love when I am Dickie V’s age

133. wizard
    11:10 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker pushed for the head coaching job, pushed Brooks out the door, got rid of one of the best coaches to bring in his friend who couldn’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

134. bluemanchew
    11:11 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Key.board.
    Key board

A thing people hide behind to start an argument
    Example
    I wouldn’t argue with him in person. but give me a keyboard and I ain’t skeert

135. JumpDaddy
    11:12 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Point guard point guard point guard point guard point guard point guard point guard

136. bluemanchew
    11:14 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

No can’t have technical difficulties during dickie v

137. Boogie Fan
    11:14 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dickie V is the best.

138. JumpDaddy
    11:15 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I guess Blew Manchu has issues

139. Delk for 3
    11:15 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

125 — You are right. What a fantastic movie that was and what a fantastic guy Archie Manning is.

140. Operator
    11:17 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Please drop Tim’s call. If he doesn’t know the difference between Joker and Pitino and why pitino deserves to be booooed he shouldn’t own a phone.

141. bluemanchew
    11:17 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I won’t boo pitino either in rupp because he won a championship here .but I will root against him in a court room. while he destroys a ladies life because of 15 seconds of fame.

142. kentucky effect
    11:18 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Caller is right on Pitino….Just more of Matts double standards. He is totally obsessed with trashing Pitino on a daily basis. Jesus Christ Matt let it go Dude, Grow Up! Its really getting old.

143. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:20 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The show needs to have Clark Kellog on the next half hour in order to bring us down from the high of having Dickie V on…I’m already getting bored just thinking about it

144. kentucky effect
    11:20 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt is hating to hear Vitale praise Pitino on KSR and he can’t and won’t do anything about it…..

145. WIZARD
    11:21 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

jokers commits about working at a place that knows how to win destroyed any loyalty fans owed him.

146. barn
    11:22 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

ask dookie vee if he has any remorse for dissing the entire bbn during the tubby exit debacle. dv is just a little ass kisser and rides the bandwagon of whoever is winning and who he can gain the most face time from

147. bluemanchew
    11:24 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dickie V the best call of the day

148. barn
    11:26 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

if dikky v were king we’d still have tubby smith as coachj

149. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:28 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

He will always be wearing Red now that he has that stupid ‘L’ tattoo.

150. Bluegrass
    11:28 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Pitino will be wearing red for life thanks to his new tattoo, so we can hate him for as long as that tattoo lasts

151. Tennessee Wildcat
    11:28 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, that homemade Hudson commercial reminded me of the old “Don Moore” commercials from the Owensboro area. Great job, guys. Campy is good!!!

152. Razr Raybob
    11:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is in the same state but you people give them way to much credit. They are not our rival. Duke, North Carolina and Kansas are our rivals.

153. Question??
    11:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of cancer. Does anybody have an update on the little baby that was featured on here a few months ago that had cancer behind his eye? My family prays for him nightly and I would love an update.

154. Hash
    11:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The difference is Joker’s sorry ass would still be here if he hadn’t been fired.

155. JumpDaddy
    11:29 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

If Bill Keightly was still with us he would bitch slap Ricky P if he dared to walk into the room. The man has NO character

156. Ole D-white
    11:30 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Do we ever forgive him even after he leaves Louisville because he’ll forever have that Cardinal tattoo on his back

157. kentucky effect
    11:30 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt coaching the rival don’t mean you forget about his body of work and what he did for UK…You really need to get rid of your obsession for the man. You will be packing around his weight everyday until you do.

158. Bluegrass
    11:30 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Razr – we must have a different definition for the word Rival

159. haircutz barbershop
    11:31 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

If rick never went and coached the rival he would still b loved like he was in the 90’s but hes a dirty bird now so booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

160. Bluegrass
    11:32 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky effect – isn’t there a Louisville Radio Show thread you can just visit and stay at?

161. Coach T
    11:33 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dickie V is right. Carolina / Duke is what it is because of conference play.

162. cape coral cat
    11:33 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker don’t have a Louisville tattoo like Slick Rick!

163. Coach T
    11:34 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt knows things he doesn’t tell us. If he says Cal and Pitino hate each other, they hate each other.

164. bluemanchew
    11:34 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Love that lewisville accent

165. Coach T
    11:35 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Sick of the lack of spirit. UK should BOO everyone that comes in Commonwealth.

166. kentucky effect
    11:35 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Ryan….Of course you would agree with Matt, your nothing more than an ‘Empty Suit”

167. KevinM
    11:35 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dick has no clue with what went on with Tubby.

He still praises Duke, Pitino, Roy in all his conversations.

I’m surprised the great Knight didn’t come up.

I’m glad Dick isn’t doing UL/UK…..we deserve better.

168. Coach T
    11:35 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Doesn’t mean you hate Joker or Pitino.. when you play them, you boo them.

169. Hash
    11:36 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

The clown story told by Matt and Shannon may be the best thing I’ve ever heard on radio.

170. Coach T
    11:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Do we boo Richard Pitino is UK plays Minnesota?

171. C A T S #9
    11:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Would Dean Smith return to coaching at dook?? no… ‘ol Slicky can kick rocks—you don’t come back to coach in the back yard

172. Joker Pitino
    11:37 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

It was ok for Alan Cutler and Nancy Cox to boo Ryan when he went to rival WKYT, but now that he took the step down to be Matts punching bag on the radio they cant boo him anymore.

173. Hollahollaholla
    11:38 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

‘Who wants to live in Michigan?

174. bluemanchew
    11:38 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

We need that clown during basketball games while the students wave the big UK flag over their head he could just stand there staring at the camera

175. Coach T
    11:39 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Let’s get the clown in the e-rupption zone.

176. Nope
    11:40 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Finger facts are optional…

177. bluemanchew
    11:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I would boo richard p for making up crap about UK snitches get stitches

178. Coach T
    11:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Have we signed Bobby Bouche yet?

179. Delaney Hanley
    11:41 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

How would ul fans respond if Denny crum left ul and went to uk?

180. Razr Raybob
    11:42 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bluegrass where are you from? I live in the western part of the state and only know 3 Louisville fans. They literally don’t exist to people in this area.

181. AnthonyBBN
    11:42 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Put the Clown in the first row right behind the Florida sideline.

182. bluemanchew
    11:42 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Their sos would move from 135 to 134

183. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:43 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I hold on to Grudges because I think they are some of the best horror movies. The ghosts of Japanese children are scary no matter who you are.

184. Ole D-white
    11:43 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Dickie V has responded to a lot of my tweets

185. Bluegrass
    11:43 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joker should come out of the tunnel dressed as that clown and holding balloons – fans will be too freaked out to boo

186. kentucky effect
    11:45 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Nice try Bluegrass…You must really be thin skinned to think just because someone has an opinion other than yours that they are trolling. I could probably buy you ten fold on the monies I have donated and spent with UK Athletics.

187. Bluegrass
    11:46 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Razr – so you’re saying that there are a bunch of Kansas, North Carolina and Duke fans in that area?

Trust me, unless we’re playing them, the fans of those 3 schools do not care about us at all

188. David Simms
    11:46 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Since we are talking movies sometimes Matt reminds me of David Simms from Tincup….he hates, kids, old people & Dogs….well in his case cats

189. Ole D-white
    11:46 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt, is there gonna be a feed/stream for Big Blue Madness for people that don’t get local KY stations?????

190. Bluegrass
    11:47 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky effect – I’m thin skinned? Have you ever said anything positive on these show threads? You complain about every single thing and sounding like a UofL fan in the process

191. Razr Raybob
    11:50 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bluegrass – I know more Duke and North Carolina fans that UL fans.
    I agree to disagree with you. LOL

192. AnthonyBBN
    11:50 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Is it okay to be married if you are in an open marriage?

193. Hollahollaholla
    11:50 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Joe says an Academic Decathlon!!! Eric vs. Billy Madison!!!

194. kramer
    11:51 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

My take on Pitino, I will always be grateful for what he did at UK. However, I dislike UL ,never have or never will cheer for them, Pitino chose to go there and coach and that is his problem. I don’t have to cheer for him or UL, when he retires from there I may cheer him if he comes back to Rupp, but not until he isn’t on our rival sidelines. Its like if Coach K left Duke went to NBA for a couple years, the came back to college and coached UNC, he would never get love from Duke fans while at UNC, no matter what. Living in Louisville, it makes it much worse to be a UK fan…….

195. C_Cov
    11:52 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

He went to UofL because he thought that the fans would follow and support him

196. bluemanchew
    11:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Bluegrass just called KY effect out UL jokes are worse than your momma jokes
    UL Is so fat if they wore a red shirt they would look like the koolaid man OOOH Yeah

197. kentucky effect
    11:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

This caller Steve is a NUT JOB

198. AnthonyBBN
    11:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

If he calls this Camelot, why would you go to Morgana’s cave?

199. Coach T
    11:53 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I think Steve has been to a Turkish prison.

200. Coach T
    11:54 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

UofL fans are so stupid, they thought Taco Bell was a mexican phone company.

201. cats1068
    11:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Drew Deener did the equivalent of Pitino. He went from the UK network to the card network. He’s a turncoat just like Pitino.

202. Delaney Hanley
    11:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Matt you would look good sitting next to howie Lindsey he outweighs you by 200 pounds and he would probably try to eat you

203. bluemanchew
    11:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

I have never thought of coach K as classy but he has more class than to go coach at UNC

204. Coach T
    11:56 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

KING REX

205. Coach T
    11:57 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

When I was 10, I drew a picture of Rex Chapman and sent it to the Herald Leader, which they reprinted. So that makes me famous.

206. bluemanchew
    11:59 am September 25, 2013 Permalink

Your momma is such a UL Fan she has a stripper pole and dj booth in her living room

207. bluesman
    12:00 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

Duke, Coach K. Bobby thats Dicky V.cant stand to listen to this clown oh and Billy Ray did not write eachey breakey heart

208. M
    12:02 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

Your mom is such a big UL fan that she made a fake line beard on her face to catch more of the money shot. Worked for her fellow son and husband linebeards so she gave it a try.

209. Teachable Mo'
    12:31 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

People are cheering fake filibusters?

“Keep the government out of my Medicare!”

210. Chicago Chris
    12:53 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

I like the Hooters girl, way in the background upper left, looking pissed she wasn’t chosen.

211. DC Cat
    2:15 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow. I have not looked at the comments section in weeks. I now remember why. Far too many inane posts – strange political posts, cards fans, haters of all things ksr, …