Dick Vitale stops by! (Friday Show Thread)

We have a special guest on this morning’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio. KSR’s good friend Dick Vitale will be calling in to talk Cats basketball with Matt and Ryan at some point during the show. That, and the guys debate the UK Battle Royale and talk about John Calipari.

Happy Friday.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

154 Comments for Dick Vitale stops by! (Friday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

No NBA games tonight, but we do have the Jeopardy Battle of the Decades Championship. I’m not sure who wins between Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, but after going all in and missing last night, I’m rooting for Roger Craig.

2. UK_JB
    10:00 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I love that KSR is on twice a day in Lexington. Chris Kross shouldn’t even be on once a day.

3. Knew it
    10:05 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt loves Dick.

• Neal Patrick Harris
      10:08 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You don’t say.

4. Steve
    10:06 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for the heads up about Dukie V. That will save me from having to turn it off when he comes on.

5. Kidnut
    10:07 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Vitale is coming by, he must be promoting something. Any chance we can get him to answer some question that is different than the regular spiel we’ll here during college B-Ball preview? Ask him about Redear fish.

• Kidnut
      10:08 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

here = hear

• Craig Sager's Suits
      10:10 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

How ’bout we ask Dukie V who’s bandwagon he’s going to try to jump on when Duke or UNC falls? It’s funny he’s all about BBN/UK when we’re winning and wants nothing to do with us when we’re having problems, circa late Tubby and Clyde. I think that is a fair question.

6. Sebastian
    10:08 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt really cares a lot about this show thread

• Jax Teller
      10:12 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

More hits = more $

7. Census cat
    10:09 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Thinking about the burrito grande from Lolita’s Tacos again for lunch. Best burrito in Louisville. However, it does not top the special bean roll at the Big Apple Cafe in Murray, KY.

8. MacGruber
    10:09 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Please ask him about UNC.

9. Kj
    10:11 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt a ? do u think Cal likes to stir things up when it gets too quiet? I think that was his intent with the LeBron comment, just what he does, he likes to poke & pester, 😉

10. Jeff
    10:11 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I was driving through Lexington a few weeks ago and someone almost rear-ended me. I was stopped at a red light and in my rear-view mirror I saw this guy in the distance flooring it until he stopped at the very last second, inches from my rear. I turn around, and who was this guy? None other than RYAN LEMOND!

11. HoundDog
    10:15 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Hey Mat,
    Why do you call Lexington a stupid City? If that is the Case keep your ass in the nasty city of Louisville.

12. BackdoorSlider
    10:17 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

If you don’t know how to raise your children and explain things to them you should have pulled out!

13. Chad
    10:17 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Maybe I just missed something, but can somebody tell me who is Kate on State and why is she revelent when talking about UK. I’ve heard Matt mention her a few times.

• Delk for 3
      10:21 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

She’s the famous get drunk and strip girl from some of the State St. parties of the past.

• Chad
      10:28 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Nice, I see how she’s relevant now. Back in my day, there was “Chinoe Shelly” and she didn’t disappoint!

14. Kidnut
    10:18 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

That is funny people were offended by the bird, Marty Brennaman was caught flipping the bird in jest just recently and it was hilarious.

15. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:18 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Anyone offended by the middle finger need to first look at the three goggles hand sign. Make a circle over you eye can be interpreted as a number of different vulgar things.

16. Devin
    10:19 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The best part about that comment session on the Birds up Cal pic is the commentter pretending to be Cal himself complaining about the picture lol

17. BP
    10:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt Jones could cure cancer and someone would have a problem with it!!!

18. Supposed to be Working
    10:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Shannon is right. Any post that has even a hint of satire is going to offend someone. Unless you post only facts with no opinions from the writers, someone will cry about it

19. Census cat
    10:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I have 3 kids and they have probably experienced the middle finger at some point but not at my home. However, little kids can’t read anyway so why are they reading KSR. I guess for the coed pictures of the day for dad.

20. Jax Teller
    10:21 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

To all the people complaining about the Cal post… http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uKVIeyh.gif

21. LutherInLouisville
    10:21 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Yo Matt, my 7 yr old son and I, take pride in flipping other motorist off while we’re driving around Oldham County!

22. TylerH
    10:22 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

First of all, I am in no way condemning KSR. I absolutely love the site and read it every day. I have no problems at all about what is posted and all of it is hilarious to me. With that being said, what the middle finger resembles IS vulgar. So to argue that KSR is not vulgar in that post is not thinking about what the meaning of the middle finger really is.

With that being said, keep doing what you guys are doing. I love it.

23. Kidnut
    10:22 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Back in 1982 in the back of a 7th grade school bus I was challenged to either ‘Flip off the car behind us or I didn’t really like Theresa R.’. I flipped off the car!

Back in 1976 in 1st grade, I asked the 6th graders if I could sit in the back of the bus. I could but first I had to ask the bus driver for a bl$w j$b. I did but then got in trouble and had to sit in the front of the bus as punishment.

People are clueless.

• M
      10:34 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Is that where the handle “kidnut” was born?

24. Chaz
    10:23 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Teachable moment – don’t even talk to journalism professors, nothing good will come of it. I did look up the Turkey Hunter post about the trail. I saw nothing wrong with it, just one man’s very long opinion about 15 seconds.

• Chaz
      10:28 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

*trial, not trail. Damn, guess I’ll never get into Columbia’s journalism program now.

25. yo
    10:24 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Just went back and read the Turkey Hunter post. Classic KSR – “uk news in the most ridiculous manner possible”

26. Buck Naked
    10:25 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

If we weren’t meant to flip the bird, god would have only given us 4 fingers!

27. J
    10:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Aaron Gordon wingspan was 6’11

28. cristoforoUK
    10:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Randle’s wingspan was one of the shortest (or may have been the shortest) of the guys his height. That wasn’t a good measurement for him.

• J
      10:28 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Aaron Gordon was 6’11

• cristoforoUK
      10:40 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Gotcha. Not good for Gordon, but he’s an above the rim player so he can make up for it. I just remember hearing that Randle was towards the bottom of players his height. Still, that stuff is overrated. If they can play, they can play.

29. classof68
    10:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You need to talk to Oscar, Matt. He can probably tell you about the grand conspiracy by the globalist New World Order to turn everyone into sheeple. Then you will understand political correctness and more scary stuff.

30. brian
    10:27 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Ryan-
    If Randle had Pterodactylus arms, he could fly. I think you mean T-Rex.

31. Delk for 3
    10:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You can’t make players all wear the same shoes.

• Chaz
      10:34 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Sure you can. All it takes in an executive order, lots of those around these days.

32. Ryan Lemond Quotes
    10:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

“Revolt my card”

Yulp, that just happened.

33. Supposed to be Working
    10:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I can’t believe how offended people are by the finger when Ryan talks daily on the radio show about how his wife now walks around the house with a smile due to Body Shapes Medical. WHY DO YOU THINK SHE’S SMILING?!?!

34. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

If that reporter needed to some exposure to real KSR vulgarity, she needs to tune into the radio show for Ryan’s girls basketball analysis or his Bedroom Stories sponsored by Body Shapes Medical.

35. C'mon now
    10:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, with as many enemies as you’ve made over the years why be surprised by anything a media member holds against you. Also, how do you keep forgetting that KY is in the bible belt? OF COURSE some slack-jawed yokel will get their Jesus-is-my-homeboy panties in a wad over anything even remotely “offensive.” Maybe time to close the comment section permanently with exception of the show thread and live blogs.

36. Michael
    10:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

pterodactyl arms?

37. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:32 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The combine has measured players in their socks ever since Damon Bailey tried add a few inches to his height with a pair of Strength Jump Shoes.

38. Blue Moon of Kentucky
    10:33 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt….. Everyone is measured in socks because this is a TRUE measurement of height. Your logic defies me at times.

39. Go Cats
    10:35 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Everyone please read: Romans 10:9
    Thanks

40. Out-Of-Office
    10:36 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Please explain why UK “can’t” go to murray one time. The arena in murray holds 800 less people than cameron indoor stadium and would be a sell out, probably a UK home game, and would be HUGE for that area. UK has played in ballroom’s transferred into courts that held about 70 people. We are talking about an EXHIBITION game here. If you say UK wants to play the best of the instate schools you are talking about murray. Please don’t say its bc of the money.

• Chad
      10:39 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

UK vs. Murray State sounds very exciting and will really prepare the team for post-season play. I’m sure ESPN or CBS will jump all over that game.

• Delk for 3
      10:43 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

UK wouldn’t go play at Murray St. because it’s a bad business decision. UK gains nothing out of it.

• ukjonny9
      10:44 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Number one, it wouldn’t be an exhibition game, it would be a regular season game just like Louisville. Number two, when they played in that ballroom, it was a tournament and UK made some money off of it. They would get zero from a game at Murray.

Please have the facts before you post.

• Out-Of-Office
      10:45 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You’re right chad. The Transy game and the 0 players they have on scholarship is where the team learned how to mesh and got it clicking.

• ukjonny9
      10:48 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Now the Transy game is an exhibition. You seem to know very little about the subject.

• Out-Of-Office
      10:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I understand the business aspect (which i am not worried about UK’s money situation) but if you are telling me you would rather watch UK play south east mississippi mud dogs in the first round of one of those season opening tourneys than play Murray we are just not going to agree what is best for basketball and the state.

• Chad
      10:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The Transy game was also at Rupp Arena

• ukjonny9
      10:57 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Well I’m sure UK is worried about their financial situation and usually the tournament decides who participates.

41. Kidnut
    10:36 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I agree that Lebron will eventually be recognized as the best. Jordan is currently the best but not by much. Jordan would have won more championships if he hadn’t been secretly suspended for gambling.

42. Chaz
    10:37 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

With you on the debate, Matt. You can’t make this stuff up.

43. Go Cats

Matthew 7:24-27

• Nope
      10:45 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Austin 3:16

• John
      10:47 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Joe, How is this helpful?? Your confusing people.

• JoeMoney333
      10:47 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

2 Peter 2:20-22

Silly Sole Fide people.

• Agnostic
      10:53 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Dude, no one cares about your Bible verses.

• JoeMoney333
      10:54 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Dude, you cared enough to comment about not caring.

• Mad Maxiton
      11:03 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Agreed. Take your fairy tales elsewhere.

• Ignorance
      11:10 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Agreed, A public forum for opinions… EXCEPT YOURS!

• Max Maxiton
      11:12 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You’re right it is a public forum. He can express his opinion all he wants. I can also express my utter distaste with his opinions and posting in whatever legal manner I choose.

• Complaining
      11:13 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Then I shall complain about your complaining about his belief because your unbelief.

• Max Maxiton
      11:15 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Sweet. 🙂

It’s just sad that he has to rely on a fairy tale to make himself feel better. Not only that, but he has to bring other people into his disillusion as well.

• Delusional
      11:16 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Agreed, Atheist are so silly. All these 16 year old kids preaching about how they understand the world.

• Dan
      11:38 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

45 year old atheist here. Former Baptist minister too.

• Let's be Honest
      12:59 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

In complete fairness you were Baptist. I mean they are all crazy.

44. Adam
    10:40 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The one thing Michael Jordan still has over Lebron is something I’ll call the “space jam” factor. Lebron has not entered pop culture as much yet, the shoes, the movies, the logo. Jordan’s are still the coolest shoes out there and he’s been out of the league for a decade.

45. Amanda
    10:42 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The two guys in the debate reminded me of Bulworth. The candidates were just completely being themselves and honest.

46. Chaz
    10:42 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The car salesman must be a UL fan…or a referee…or Jerry Tipton. Who knows?

47. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:43 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

If Santa Claus can make time for the Idaho Governor’s debate, Sen. Stivers should be able to make it to the Rupp Round-table.

48. Zach
    10:47 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

“I was feeling out my taxes the other day and was thinking to myself I’m glad we don’t get as much government as we pay for.” – Harley “Biker Rob Ford” Brown, Idaho Republican Governor Candidate.

• Zach
      10:48 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

*filling

Dammit who cares that is probably how Harley spells it anyway.

49. ghking24
    10:48 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Wes Welker left the Kentucky Derby with nearby $15,000 more than he should have …

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/16/wes-welker-churchill-down-kentucky-derby-overpayment-15k/#ixzz31tFXXVsa

• Jax Teller
      10:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

No wonder he was giving away $100s to random people

• Laker Cat 18
      10:52 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Ya beat me to it! Do you think he’s obligated to play them back for their own error?

50. James K
    10:49 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

We went out of our way to go see Kelenna Azubuike in summer league a few years ago when we were most likely the only people at the event interested in him, and he is so freaking shy that he just sort of grinned and waved at us and then walked away, hahahaha.

51. worst argument I've heard from matt
    10:49 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Anyone who can count knows that it isn’t time to compare lebron to jordan… YET.

There may come a time for the discussion – the time isn’t even close as of yet.

He isn’t even close in any category. He has many years to go before the discussion even starts up. Also, he will always have trouble in the comparison because Jordan didn’t run to find other superstars to help him win one. Jordan waited for the team to build around him.

Please stop…

52. Chad
    10:50 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Who is the more popular NFL team in San Francisco, the 49ers or the St. Louis Rams?

53. Laker Cat 18
    10:50 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Apparently Wes Welker was overpaid on his Kentucky Derby winnings on an error. Now the Kentucky Derby is wanting it’s money back. Whoa!

54. James K
    10:50 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

We should really key in on how George Jones says ‘wild weekend’ in that song. It cracks me up every time. ‘WOOOLD WEE-KEND!’

55. DREWBLUE
    10:55 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

i wonder if Michael Sam would have glanced at rihanna as well.

56. James K
    10:56 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Godzilla has a decent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. They’re really marketing it to people as if it’s a ‘thinking man’s Godzilla’ by including Bryan Cranston acting distressed.

57. Chad
    10:56 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Does anyone remember in the mid-90’s, Shaq was supposed to play Olajuwon one-on-one but it was cancelled shortly before they were supposed to play. I believe it was sponsored by Taco Bell (maybe?). That would have been awful to watch.

58. Mr. Handsome
    10:57 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Saw Godzilla last night. It was lots of fun. 8/10

59. Kidnut
    11:00 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I have tickets to 7:15 show tonight for Godzilla, I am pretty damn excited!

60. Delk for 3
    11:03 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Can anyone explain the intrigue about Godzilla?

61. Delk for 3
    11:07 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Who’s everyone’s pick for the Preakness?

62. DREWBLUE
    11:09 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I live in Louisville and I am beginning to wander if everything in this city is somewhat corrupt.
    Churchill is getting really bad.

63. Dandy Don
    11:10 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I will not be suprised one bit if Ryan’s 24 hours of non-sense sets high ratings records of WLAP.

Also, what are the chances Ryan snores while on air?

64. Alec
    11:11 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, the Welker situation is like in high school when your teacher gave you an A on a test that you acutally got a B on, the teacher would usually say that it is their mistake and that we would get to keep the A.

65. Wikipedia says
    11:12 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

In 2003, Landham ran in the Republican Party primary election for the post of Governor of Kentucky, hoping to repeat the success of his Predator castmates Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. He based his candidacy on opposition to an amendment which endorsed the Kentucky Family Court, saying his bad experiences at the hands of the family court had convinced him that it was run for the benefit of lawyers rather than families or children. He was unsuccessful in gaining the party’s nomination. He ran briefly as an independent candidate, but withdrew on June 18, and endorsed the Republican slate.

66. James K
    11:12 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Guys, we can’t have Tyler Ulis hanging with Behanen just perusing the internet on his own either. What if he had seen that photoshop of the middle fingers?!

67. Wikipedia
    11:14 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Been killing arguments since 2009

68. bobedthom
    11:16 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Sonny Landham was Billie Bear in 48 Hours with Eddie Murphy and the Indian “Tracker” for Arnold in Predator.
    He was a candidate in 2003.

69. Delk for 3
    11:17 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Kid Cruz upset win at the Preakness tomorrow.

70. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    11:17 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Mick Foley was no physical freak…

71. James K
    11:18 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

This dude sounds white. Not Rhodes.

72. Delk for 3
    11:19 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

What did he just say? Something nasty?

73. Turner the Burner
    11:19 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

There is a group that is bringing pro hockey back to Lexington. It has been offered to the mayor’s office that this is a partnership between the citizens and an investment group where citizens buy membership and own some of the team, similar to the Green Bay Packers. This has been offered to the mayor’s office to be included with the Rupp deal. This would mean that fans get a certificate for Rupp, and a voting right with the hockey team. Seems like a better deal to me.

74. Waddy Body
    11:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Jerry the king wasn’t athletic or a physical freak. All he did was pull a stupid strap down.

75. Supposed to be Working
    11:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Well, now I WANT to hear Rodrick call in!

76. Kidnut
    11:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I like that Matt thinks someone who has played NBA basketball is not athletic enough to wrestle.

77. Chaz
    11:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’m sad that wasn’t Rod Rhodes, I’ve always wanted to hear what Pitino said to him when he cut him loose.

78. Travis
    11:21 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’ve only been able to listen a few times this morning and the topics covered the bird, UK wrestlers and the guy that looks like the prosecutor from Batman. Summer shows are the best and the topics are always entertaining. 🙂

79. Edd
    11:22 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, how am I going to explain to my 8 year old little girl that wasn’t the real Rodrick Rhodes? So vulgar!

80. Car Guy
    11:24 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Its a Challenger Matt, Pat white said he turned down the corvette

81. Kidnut
    11:24 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

It looked like it was a Charger

82. Jax Teller
    11:24 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Facts are optional on KSR: Henry has a new Challenger, not a Corvette.

83. Delk for 3
    11:25 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Nick Saban is not a good human being and I think that’s abundantly clear.

84. DC_Cat
    11:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, if you watch the video he says it after saying “is that the best you can come up with” and he mutters it. It sounds like hes just getting tired of the nonsense. We joke about Calipari telling the critics to kiss his ass all the time. Whats good for the goose

85. Waddy Body
    11:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

What would Saban have said if Matthew Mitchell would have asked that question?

86. Edd
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

WEIRD

87. J-Dub421
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Awesome!! Name your twins after the Harrisons!

88. Sebastian
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Awesome

89. Supposed to be Working
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Neither. Andrew and Aaron are common names

90. DREWBLUE
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

AWESOME! Very nice biblical names.

91. Kidnut
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Neither, people name their kids after players all the time.

92. TN CAT
    11:29 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

awesome

93. inlinefor9
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

2 Rules for naming after players:

1) They can’t be current players
    2) They can’t be twins. Something just odd about naming after twins, more than just a single player.

94. Jeff
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Awesome

95. brock28
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Awesome!

96. Delk for 3
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Weird. They aren’t good enough to do that.

97. Ricky Peneterator
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! common names and would be a great legacy.

98. James K
    11:30 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I mean, I don’t think it’s BIZARRE, but I’m not sure we are the best judge of how weird it is, because we’re involved in the weird world of obsessing about college basketball. To the rest of the world that would be weird, I am almost positive.

99. James K
    11:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

And Tony Vanetti deserves some props for the Body Shapes commercial with his kid. Pretty hilariously written and read.

100. Dud Wash
    11:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

It’s only weird if you go around telling people they were named after UK players. If you don’t the Andrew and Aaron are fine names

101. Travis
    11:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The Louisville Men’s Clinic had the weirdest commercial on KSR right now. “Get your bulge ready for spring.” WTF…Lol

102. Jax Teller
    11:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Weird. No people, please do not do this. You shouldn’t name your kids based off of basketball players, or any other hot pop culture reference. They will have this name for the rest of their life, make it their own.

• James K
      11:34 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The names are so common that I’m not sure it qualifies for that reaction. I was named after Kyle Macy and it’s never been an issue for me. I was always proud of it.

• Jax Teller
      11:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

If they like the name Andrew and Aaron, that’s one thing. But they shouldn’t name them strictly because of the basketball players. How do you think the people named after Richie feel right about now?

103. I'm a twin
    11:32 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Weird. Y’all love the cutesy names, but actual twins hate it.

104. Chaz
    11:33 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Weird. I almost named my second son Hakeem Olajuwon but then I came to my senses.

105. El Capitano
    11:33 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The Rod Rhodes caller didn’t sound to much like him. I did send Rod a message though to see if that was really him, but I’ve not got a response yet.

• Delk for 3
      11:44 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

We already know it wasn’t him.

• El Capitano
      11:50 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Just trying to help.

106. Jhubb
    11:34 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

My wife and I named our first son Mason and we have another son on the way and she likes the name Miles. I would be OK with it but I don’t want people thinking they are named after Duke players Mason and Miles Plumlee.

107. Delk for 3
    11:39 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I suggest spending a lot of time researching names and finding a somewhat unique name that you really like. You only have one shot at naming them. Do it right.

108. Kidnut
    11:48 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like he could also be called GameySmurf

109. Supposed to be Working
    11:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Just googled The Enigma… Whoa

110. bobedthom
    11:56 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Don’t want to run off your advertisers, but it sounds like James Young needs to steal Sleep Outfitters from you. James just loves to Sleep.

111. Kyle
    2:18 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Just listened on podcast about the Twins. I think it is awesome to name the twins Aaron and Andrew. Those are common names. It is not like he wanted to name the kids Dakari and Julius.

I was born in 1978 (30 days after the title game) and my name is Kyle. I’m having a child in 3 months and his middle name is probably going to be Harrison. We like that name before and it is also a tip of the hat to Kentucky and to keep the tradition alive of the name being based off a UK player too.