De’Aaron Fox joins KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 4.06.43 PM

It’s another big day at the KSR studio in Lexington as De’Aaron Fox will join the guys to talk about his time at UK.

Matt and Ryan will lead off the show with news and other KSR banter, then Fox will take over in the second hour.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

55 Comments for De’Aaron Fox joins KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:02 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t watch that garbage last night, but from the sound of others who did, it was a piss-poor game all the way around.

• ukjaybrat
      10:12 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

i expected nothing better. NCAA really needs to hire full time officials. Every year i think it can’t possibly get any worse but every year i’m proven wrong. I dread what we have to look forward to next year.

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Saw the first half while I was working on stuff. Convinced the wife to turn it off and go to bed, because I knew the outcome would be predetermined by Higgins & Co. Turns out I was right. 🙁

• Laker Cat 18
      10:16 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I missed the finale of the Walking Dead Sunday night, so I watched it last night instead of the game. Prison Break returns tonight! I’m jacked!

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I was at choir rehearsal through part of it, which was a better use of my time. I watched maybe 20 seconds towards the end.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

That was a beautifully choreographed game last night.
    Each team with 22 fouls and 26 free throws.
    But, look at minutes played by each team’s bigs,
    Gonzaga 57 min, UNC 89 min.
    Beautiful?

• RealCatsFan
      10:15 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Beautiful in the eyes of the ref’s, NCAA, UNC fans and administration… To everyone else, pure crap!

3. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Was that Higgins standing over Meeks when he had his hand out of bounds?

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think Higgins was in the game last night, but I could be wrong,
      Didn’t matter anyway. they take care of the UNCheats.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

So, now that UNC has its shiny new trophy, it is time for the NCAA to go after them with both barrels.
    … and pigs are going to fly out of my butt. (as my Aunt used to famously put it.)

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:16 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Matt says ” Carolina was the best team all year” They lost 7 games in regular season and put up 43 against VA at the end of the year. NOT the best team. One of the best. Not the best. Arkansas showed them otherwise.

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Arkansas had them dead to rights until the refs stepped in.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:44 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Glad you know me well enough to get my dripping sarcasm.

Wishing the best for you in choir. Look up University Singers at U of Maine…best experience of my life except being a Dad to my girls…singing there had minimal potential downside though 😄

• CATandMONKEY
      10:46 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Christ…reply to next comment.
      You are 100% on RG.454
      Apologies for wonky texting.

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:19 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I anxiously await the forthcoming S.I. Cover:

Carolina Shame

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I wouldn’t hold your breath for that one….

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Bloomberg Business Report already did their version of it:

• CATandMONKEY
      11:00 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Jdub i replied to you above in #5. My UofL undergrad degree shining through.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I have been a long time chir nerd, including all 4 years at UK. It’s pretty fun.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

*choir. Sigh, I hate when I see a typo right after I his post.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:41 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

At least you replied to the correct post 😎

7. secrick
    10:25 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Matt said Carolina and Gonzaga where the 2 best teams. I don’t agree. I think Ky really was the best team in the country at the end of the year.

8. ukjaybrat
    10:37 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I think i would be less angry if duke won the championship. the fact that carolina was blatantly cheating for decades, got caught red handed, and was unpunished while they took two trips to the final four and walked away with a championship is just disgusting. congrats to those players who likely had nothing to do with the cheating, and the fans that had a final four caliber team in 2012 and suffered an early loss due to injury.

But that coach and program disgusts me.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

jay, maybe the 2012 deal was retroactive Karma. 🙂

I’m not sure if Duke winning it would be better. IMO, it would be equally bad, not only because they are dook, but also because they should also have a couple of banners coming down as well, and they get the pass from the NCAA.

9. Bleedblueky
    10:38 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Thanks De’Aaron BBN love you and wish you the BEST LUCK on NBA draft and very long NBA career 🙂

10. Laker Cat 18
    10:39 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

My view on Fox:

He is a very good PG, but his single season was very inconsistent. End of the year Fox could be the best PG ever at UK. However, he wasn’t that elite early in the year.

• secrick
      10:41 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

He was hurt.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

And that was unfortunate. Tyler Ulis also was hurt here.

• RexRox
      6:22 pm April 4, 2017 Permalink

He was a freshman (with a very high ceiling).

11. KYcats11
    10:40 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I think Matt was missing a word. They were the two best teams LEFT. (besides the referees because)

12. Laker Cat 18
    10:41 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I am listening to S-Town now. It’s pretty good. I couldn’t get into Serial, but I may try it again. Up and Vanished is also really good.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:49 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

S-town far better than Serial.
      First season of Serial was groundbreaking. Season 2 disappointed.
      Now numerous podcasts, factual and fictional have taken the Serial path and done better.
      Podcast Junkie .

• Laker Cat 18
      11:01 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I would agree with that. Serial was the first, but highly doubt it will be the greatest in 5 years.

I’m kind of new to the whole podcast thing. Give me your top 3 favorites…

• CATandMONKEY
      11:30 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I love fantasy/ sci fi stuff. Tanis. The Black Tapes. After that… Lore, We’re Alive. ARS Paradoxica, The Leviathan Chronicles. ( unfinished and disappointing only because of that) but I take in non-narrative stuff. Thinking Sideways, True Crime Garage, No Sleep. Back Story.
      Sorry to over-suggest. Tons of History, True Crime, Weird stuff,…literally dozens- 100’s of podcasts consumed in past 2 years. I have given up on TV. Can complete all my projects listening to podcasts. Can listen going to sleep, grilling out, tuning up the cars… Oh… some of the KSR based casts😄

13. runningunnin.454
    10:42 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

If it’s any consolation, we still have two more ‘ships than Carolina, and now Duke is only tied for fourth place.

14. J-Dub421
    10:43 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Cal doesn’t get nearly enough credit for they quality young men he brings into our program. We have been spoiled by not only having talented players, but they are the nicest kids.

• secrick
      10:47 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Yeah the kid that went to LSU seemed to be very selfish but had he came to Ky i believe Cal would have changed that . Simmons.

15. Options are Factual
    10:46 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Anthony Epps >>>> any other point guard that played for UK. True point guard that brought out the best in his teammates, hit the clutch shot when you needed it. National Championship and runner up. Sorry Matt, I know he wasn’t fast or tall, he just plain won.

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

And he had a hand in bringing one of the best all time UK Women’s Hoops players to us! 🙂

16. CATandMONKEY
    10:51 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Hard to argue but that is the Ringo Starr School of reasoning as to why he is the best drummer…he posited that since he drummed for the best band he was the best drummer.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Yep! John Bonham >>> Everyone Else (at least in my book)

• CATandMONKEY
      11:35 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I agree that The Beatles were the best… But Bonzo prob the ” best”…so subjective. Ringo is no slouch. He is incredibly tasteful and was innovative in Rock/Pop. Danny Carrey of Tool is my fave “modern” drummer. If Neil Peart answered my music store ad I wouldn’t turn him away 😳

17. CATandMONKEY
    10:54 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Please get a drop for Sharries Berries of Bromley saying “Decorative…Swizzle.”

18. Sentient Third Eye
    11:05 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Clocking in at 163 minutes, the championship game broadcast literally had more minutes than a UNC term paper has words.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Has anyone ever tracked how many commercials they cram into those 163 minutes?

• runningunnin.454
      12:01 pm April 4, 2017 Permalink

Don’t know; use them for beer runs to the fridge…who counts?

19. RealCatsFan
    11:10 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Hightopgate revisited! 🙂

20. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

We need John Wall to keep recruiting for us! Any chance we can get The Brow and Big KAT to recruit Mo Bamba for us? 😉

21. J-Dub421
    11:31 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

De’Aaron is extremely humble for someone with such a wealth of talent.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:44 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Humble… yet engaging. Bit reminiscent of KAT. Great kid. Phenomenal player.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

And we get Monk tomorrow! Woo hoo!

22. J-Dub421
    11:52 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Ewing was a great player, but he has no coaching experience. Bad hire.

• RexRox
      6:26 pm April 4, 2017 Permalink

No coaching experience at the college level but he has been an NBA assistant since 2002.

23. RealCatsFan
    11:55 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I’m going way back here, but did he mention Pat Riley?

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Ha! That’s who I was thinking of as well. I am waiting to see how Avery Johnson does. He was a good player and seems to be off on the right foot as a college coach, though he also coached in the NBA first. If you’re Georgetown, you should not hire someone with zero head coaching experience. That is not a jumping off point job.