Day two of KSR at the RNC (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from day two of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Day one included plenty of randomness, including Drew being put on a fringe candidate’s ticket, encounters with Scott Baio, Don King, Dan Rather, etc., and lots of CNN photobombs. What will day two hold? Tune in to find out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

27 Comments for Day two of KSR at the RNC (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Enjoying all of the RNC coverage. More interviews Ryan!

2. RealCatsFan
    10:10 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m with Drew – I have become so alienated by all the BS in politics that I am almost completely apathetic about this election. Wish Joe Walsh was running for office again!

3. RealCatsFan
    10:10 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Don King is still alive?

4. Mikey Likes It
    10:11 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Yesterdays show was the best podcast you’ve ever done. Keep up the coverage in the most ridiculous manner possible.

5. Realme
    10:14 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Forget Baio, I need to know what Ryan said to The New Yorker.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Many years ago Letterman had a Don Kind Chia Pet on his show. I have wanted one ever since.

• RealCatsFan
      10:15 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

oops – Don King

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Ask Santa Claus, and be very good this year. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Santa hangs out with Don King? Cool!

7. Laker Cat 18
    10:20 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

There were a few guys leading the Anti-Trump protests in the streets that were really exaggerating the motions. That was entertaining to watch for sure.

8. J-Dub421
    10:31 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe Marlana would sing at the RNC when their presidential candidate openly mocked a disabled person.

• Souf beach Lou
      10:42 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

And not to mention the Republican party platform of eliminating social safety nets for the less fortunate and blocking health care. It’s a shame actually

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Heard on the radio this morning that Bevin is backing off the elimination of KYnect, since there are so many people who would have nothing else if it was dismantled. It kind of goes back to a gripe I have with a lot of people running for public office for both parties – they are quick to criticize programs that were put in place by political opponents, but they can’t tell us what they would do to “fix” it in concrete terms – only that they will “fix” it and everything will be “great”.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:59 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

When Obamacare went into effect, I lost my health insurance at work. I’m now paying more money for less coverage for myself and more coverage for others. I’m all for helping others, but there are way too many that cheat the system and ruin it for the rest.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Modern politics has become let’s criticize the opposition in order to get elected. Very few have any actual ideas anymore. Politicians all just want to scream at each other and point fingers while the country suffers. We really need to get out of the two party system. I read a really good article the other day that discussed how most industries have been taken over by a few major corporations who continuously cannibalize smaller companies. The result is a lack of actual competition due to monopolies in industries, which leads to poorer and poorer customer service combined with a lack of innovation. You can see this in the political system as well.

• Obamacare is about control. If not, he would have designed something to get those without insurance covered rather than forcing us all into the same boat.

As for Trump’s mocking the disabled man, I can’t defend him on that. Cruz was my guy anyway, but I am voting Trump even though it will be with some trepidation. All I can say is NEVER…EVER…Hillary!!! She should be in jail.

Okay, got a couple things off my chest and I’m done.

Now for something we all agree on (except for whichever UL trolls are lurking around the Show Thread):

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

• I agree with a lot of thhat J-Dub. Most politicians in both parties are about protecting their perks and power, not working for us.

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub, you are preaching to the choir. The American Two-Party system is a complete farce. If you are running as an independent, you have no way of getting any shot at participating in a debate to put forth your ideas because the system is totally rigged.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm July 19, 2016 Permalink

CG, I think the basic precepts of ObamaCare were well intentioned – it just needed to be implemented better. That being said, I don’t really recall seeing anyone propose anything that sounds like a better solution to the problem, other than doing it through “open market competition”, which to me just says take all rules and controls away and let the insurance companies, pharma companies, and healthcare providers have their way with us. I can speak from the viewpoint of someone who is familiar to the stigma of a pre-existing condition, since I am married to a cancer survivor. Even though she is 13 years out with no sign of recurrence (praise the Lord), the insurance companies will still use that as an excuse to raise our rates.

I also work for a company that recently lost our Medicare business due to the new Competitive Bidding process, which was designed to lower Medicare costs. These changes are threatening to put smaller companies out of business in favor of big national conglomerates, who give patients the worst, cheapest equipment and well documented poor service. And this process started way before ObamaCare. No easy answers.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:47 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Why would the KSR guys get thrown out? It’s not like they are disrupting the event or openly mocking the participants. The fact that ordinary Americans can attend the convention is part of what this country was founded on.

• Maybe not disrupting but they just perpetuated the stereotype of all conservatives being racist with their “Lack of ethnicity” comments. Sorry but I couldn’t let one go.

• Megan
      11:40 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Now be fair: Not all conservatives are racist. Not all of them, surely. If it’s a stereotype, it’s because there is some basis for the characterization that does not apply to everyone. So no, all conservatives are not racist. Let’s be perfectly clear about that. I’m sure I could find one who isn’t. And you probably could, too.

Okay? Glad that’s settled. Trump does openly court bigots by voicing some of their concerns. But that’s another issue, one that’s closely related to whether he and other conservatives are racist.

• Thanks for the placebo! Glad to know I must be the only one! I’m glad not all Democrats are considered racist since you had a Grand Wizard as one of the heroes of your party for about 50 years! (Robert Byrd)

Okay, now I’m REALLY done, starting NOW!

• bouzoukiman
      11:58 am July 19, 2016 Permalink

Seriously (if anyone is reading this), look, I’m a Christian, and Christ taught us to treat others the way we want to be treated, no matter who it is. Am I perfect and do I always do that? Certainly not, but I try, and I try to do better when I fail. Thanks.

Blessings.

10. Oops, that’s the 2nd time I accidentally posted with my alter-ego user name at number iv!

Megan, I hope you take what I said at #iv in the spirit in which it was intended. I admit I let you get under my skin a bit and I try not to do that. Again, I don’t claim to be perfect, because there was only 1 who walked the earth who was perfect.

God bless.

11. runningunnin.454
    12:16 pm July 19, 2016 Permalink

Lebron Jones and the Cleveland Indians…..Got to love that!

12. nolblivion
    2:43 pm July 19, 2016 Permalink

For Matt on Day 3.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiJ0lO3A9M WWE Trump vs Hillary simulation.