Day 4 of KSR at the RNC (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Day 4 of the Republican National Convention. Ted Cruz created quite the stir last night, so tune in to hear the guys break down the drama, as well as tell stories about more random celebrity encounters, like meeting the Today Show’s Willie Geist.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

20 Comments for Day 4 of KSR at the RNC (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

It’s been fun there this week! I am sure next week will be just as fun. I am sure that struggle bus is back today.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:10 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

I support the reasoning behind Cruz not endorsing Trump. I would have probably done the same if that had been me. With that said, he may have committed political suicide last night.

• Realme
      10:38 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

He might have been a decent candidate, idk. I find him too annoying to listen to. I’m tired enough of being lectured by the current president, being preached at for the next 4 years would have sucked eggs.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:42 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

You can tell Cruz is a career politician. Knows all the right things to say, but probably doesn’t know how to run a washing machine successfully at home.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:45 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

Cruz showed his speech to the Trump people two hours in advance, and they okayed it and put him on. Then they went into the crowd and had people start booing and taunting. That was the Trump campaign manipulating it, not a spontaneous reaction. That makes all this a very classless ambush by the Trump team. I hope that Trump himself had no involvement in something so dishonest and dishonorable. This is more of what I expect from Hillary Clinton than any Republican, frankly. I think Trump needs to publicly address whether he knew his people were going to ambush Cruz. Either way, he should apologize for the very bad form. Totally classless.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:55 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

The primary purpose of the RNC is to get behind the nominee and defeat Hillary. Cruz did not do that. I commend Cruz for doing what he did, but that wasn’t the stage to do it on. He knew there would be consequences. I don’t blame Trump at all for the reaction. Cruz knew it would follow and he did it anyway. He did it to keep the conservatives divided for the 2020 election I fully expect him to challenge for again. Dumb move on his part, just wasn’t the time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

STE, this is basically the level that both political parties have sunk to. It illustrates the decay and corruption of the entrenched two-party system. America desperately needs a viable third-party candidate with some common sense and no ties to the current “system”, but alas, we will probably never get it.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:05 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

An elimination of the 2-party system may eventually happen, but unfortunately, we will not see it in our lifetime. Generations are changing and it’s getting deeper and deeper.

• ukjaybrat
      11:09 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

RCF, or we could do away with the party system altogether. all it does is create divide amongst idiots that will always vote for their side no matter what. and those are the idiots that scream the loudest whenever politics is mentioned. and they act like they know everything about the “other candidate” when all they really know is the mudslinging that their candidate put on tv, most of which probably is either made up or exaggerated.

It pains me to even think it, much less say it, but Americans are too stupid for a two party system to work effectively anymore.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:14 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

How about we all, on both sides of the aisle, just say “screw you” and vote Libertarian this year?

• Realme
      11:17 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

STE, I would vote for just about anyone else, if there were the tiniest chance of upsetting Clinton and Trump. Of all the years when we need a real third option…

• Laker Cat 18
      11:21 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

I definitely would, but there wouldn’t be enough of us to make a difference. The way I look at it, one candidate has made life altering decisions that have gotten people killed and tried to hide it. Another candidate is an A-hole, a little shady in his techniques, but very bold. Where we are now, we may need that A-hole attitude to dig us out of where the last two administrations have gotten us into. (Yeah I’m looking at you Obama and Bush. Both caused some problems.)

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

Glad to see that I have some fellow Cat fans with a balanced world-view of politics. I wish Joe Walsh was running this year. 😉

3. Realme
    10:33 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

Does the show still replay in the afternoons on a Lexington station? I was trying to find it yesterday, and couldn’t.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:59 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

So Trump tried to kiss his VP? Seriously? Is he related to Tom Crean? Must be the Indiana connection… 🙂

5. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

So basically the NCAA is so pissed at UNC that they are going to slap South Florida for academic fraud…

• CPACAT
      11:39 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

Those exact words came out of my mouth when I read the S. Florida news on the ESPN ticker….

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:46 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

Knowing the NCAA, they’ll probably say they can’t punish UNC because that would involve action inside the state of North Carolina, which is being boycotted for its anti-transgender (or anti-misogyny, depending which side of the issue you are on) bathroom law. Maybe that’s why they’re still not acting against Duke for Corey Maggette, too.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am July 21, 2016 Permalink

If they do South Florida should sue and raise heck because the NCAA already said they don’t control academic issues re: UNC.

6. somerset bill
    5:46 pm July 21, 2016 Permalink

one of those smiles is not like the others.