Day 3 of KSR at the DNC (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. What did the boys get in to last night? Tune in to find out. At the very least, we know they met MC Hammer, which would be enough for me.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

29 Comments for Day 3 of KSR at the DNC (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Glad KSR Correspondent reporter Ryan was on with Leland Conway Twitty this morning, maybe Shannon can que that up.

2. Stephen
    9:55 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em

3. CatFan26
    10:23 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Matt just said ‘as being someone who leans to the left, I can say people on the left aren’t good at running things’. But he and other lefties are still gonna vote for Hillary to run our country. ….

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

I think a trained monkey could “run the country” better than EITHER of the candidates that are running this year. At least the monkey would be honest. Of course, he could probably be bribed, but with bananas instead of greenbacks.

I heard The Cat in The Hat is officially on the ballot this year, with Thing-1 and Thing-2 as his running mates. He might get my vote!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:39 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

4. ThePawn
    10:36 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

My controversial thought:If anyone says “The UK football team finally has SEC level talent this year” they should be shipped to Siberia,or Kansas.

5. Realme
    10:38 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Okay I’ve got one. I don’t think Anthony Davis is a likeable personality. I’ll be hiding under my desk if anyone needs me.

6. daddy43040
    10:53 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m guessing that as someone who leans left Matt has no problem with there being so many communist North Korean flags at the convention but no American flags until all the bad publicity?Probably pretty happy with all the moms of blacks getting to speak even though most was committing crimes and refusing arrest when they was killed.I could go on all day the left is a joke that wants to destroy our country and Matt is a sheep just following the herd.

• Kernel Sanders
      12:12 pm July 27, 2016 Permalink

“When they WAS killed”?? Somebody did not avail themselves of that communist-fed, liberal inspired public education. Do yourself a favor and don’t ever speak or post under anything other than your internet anonymity. It will keep you from being publicly outed as a fool.

• Bobbum Man
      12:47 pm July 27, 2016 Permalink

Yes because a grammatical error makes his point non valid…. Great logic. Enjoy voting for the criminal, I’m sure u won’t regret it

7. Realme
    10:59 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Seriously. If this libertarian VP candidate is not a horse’s ass when he comes on, he will be able to earn my vote.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m with you on that one. Might have to take a hard look at all of the candidates that are outside of the two entrenched, corrupted parties. I wish more of America would do that. It’s the only way to get their attention and see some REAL change.

It is a complete farce that none of these other candidates can get a voice with the press or int he debates. Trump is right in this respect when he says that it is a rigged system, but it is rigged in his favor as well as Hillary. It is also BS that as a registered Independent, I am not allowed to vote in the Democratic or Republican primary. ALL primaries should be open primaries.

• Realme
      11:22 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

I recently officially changed my affiliation from Republican to Independent and it’s a good feeling. The system is absolutely rigged, no one without massive money and clout has a snowball’s chance, and both parties are corrupt and care more about competing with the other side, and gaining more money and power than they do serving their constituents. And I did like what Mr. Wells or whatever his name is had to say, and I am glad to have a slightly better option than writing in Stoney Burke and Drew Franklin.

• A vote for the Libertarian is a vote for Hillary IMO. I like their stance on economic liberty, but they are pro-abortion and an open borders (translation: no borders) party, so no thanks.

8. daddy43040
    11:05 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Not a huge Trump fan wanted Cruz but ill vote Trump because not ready to see America go full blown socialist….actually maybe it won’t be that bad I think Matt makes entirely too much money i have a cousin who doesn’t work and is always poor i think he is entitled to at least 10 % of what Matt makes since he leans left and all.

• RealCatsFan
      11:21 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m an independent and might vote Libertarian this year, but I think the whole socialist angle is way overplayed. Most people are not looking for socialism, but they are tired of seeing all of the people at the top of the economic food chain going out of their way to legally bribe the politicians to stack the deck in their favor, to the disadvantage of the average Americans. Look at the fact that a CEO can come in and absolutely steer a company over the cliff into bankruptcy, but he will probably get a raise or at the very least a golden parachute, because his cronies at the top will “take care of their own”. Meanwhile, average folks like you and me are wondering if we will ever get to retire, or if our kids will have a future in the middle class. I’m not against someone becoming a millionaire, but I am against the unbridled greed that is on constant display in this country.

• RCF, to much has been made of the Golden Parachute. It does happen, but not nearly as often as folks think, because it’s only the really egrigious ones that make the headlines. Read this article by Ira Kay:

• “Egregious” for the spelling policy. 😉

• “POLICE” not policy! Wow, long day already.

• And “too” not “to”. Okay, the show is mercifully over. I need a nap to learn how to spell again!

9. Laker Cat 18
    11:11 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

How realistic would it be for this presidential election to be won by solely the Vice Presidential candidate? It may come down to Kaine vs. Pence for me.

• RealCatsFan
      11:38 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Maybe we could hope that somehow the VP will end up running the country – not wishing any true ill-will on the president whoever they may be. Maybe something more inoculous, like a raging case of syphilis that will force them to resign. 😀

• Laker Cat 18
      11:58 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

That is a good point. The odd thing is that I would probably vote for current VP duo on one ticket opposed to Clinton/Trump on the other.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:36 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

If I never hear the song “money money” again, I will not shed one tear whatsoever…

11. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

Along the lines of the current caller, my wife is convinced that Cal’s Mafia connections coerced him into losing the UConn national championship game on purpose. Or maybe she dreamed it? 😉

12. UkChubbs
    11:48 am July 27, 2016 Permalink

John short is kind of like the dancing guy of ksr

13. daddy43040
    12:48 pm July 27, 2016 Permalink

Hillary wants a 500% increase in syrian refugees!That sound good to everybody?And yes the Democratic party has gone so far left the socialist thing is not at all overrated.Keep blaming everybody else for you lives sucking see how far you get.And Matt still makes too much money send me some