Dave Baker and Kyle Tucker take over KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt’s on vacation, so KSR’s guest host tour rolls on today with Dave “Buzz” Baker and Kyle Tucker. Tune in to hear their take on Quade Green staying at Kentucky; PJ Washington, Wenyen Gabriel, and Jarred Vanderbilt’s NBA Draft decisions; and, of course, the once tense relationship between Kyle and Matt. Does it really boil down to hair jokes?

Here’s the guest host schedule for the rest of the week:

• Wednesday: Tony Vanetti

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

40 Comments for Dave Baker and Kyle Tucker take over KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. CGINWTTD FTW!!!

2. runningunnin.454
    9:58 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Uh, what’s wrong with the guy’s hair? I should be so lucky.

3. Realme
    10:10 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Baker does have the ability to do live tv and interact with Twitter commenters at the same time. It’s weird.

4. 4everUKblue
    10:11 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

So since Matt is not there, there’s a chance there will be no rasslin’ discussion?

5. RealCatsFan
    10:13 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I can speak on good authority that you do not have to have TWIN daughters to have plenty of drama in your household. Just daughters…

There’s a reason I have a 30×40 “man cave” with a fridge full of cold beer to hang out in, working on stuff.

• Or daughter… 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

You’re both right. Also, a daughter and her little brother can create plenty of drama.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, I laughed to myself when I read that, and some of the scenes from “The Incredibles” between Violet and her little brother Dash. “I said shut up, you little insect!” 😀

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Some friends of mine have 4 boys. Trust me, boys can create plenty of drama too. Kids = drama.

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Meant to say it made me think of the scenes from the movie, but you get my drift.

• Or like the old Cosby joke, something like this: “If you only have 1 kid you aren’t real parents. You know why? Because you haven’t dealt with this: ‘WILL YOU STOP TOUCHING ME???!!!'” I guess I’m not a real parent. 😛

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

cg, I thought the touching was bad until they started using their mobile devices to take candid photos and videos of each other. Imagine the rage that can cause. LOL!

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Ha! My niece is 16, and has an 8 year old brother. I was over there on Easter and this is what I heard from them: “Mo-ooom. Tell Grace to stop looking at me!!”

• Realme
      11:52 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

This doesn’t apply, but you guys made me think of one of my favorite stories. My six-ish nephew wouldn’t stop going up and down the stairs (between my brother and my sister in law) and she finally told him to knock it off. His response was “BUT MOM, DAD IS MY MOTHER TOO!”

6. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Quade will be back! Too bad for LaSalle.
    Did you know LaSalle actually won an NCAA tournament? That was the year UK was undefeated, and ranked No. 1 but a couple of players had graduated and ruled ineligible. How about that ruling? So Rupp refused to participate.
    The Final Four was LaSalle, Bradley, Penn St, and Southern Cal…LOL.

7. Realme
    10:20 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Doesn’t sound like Drew will need to come rescue the show today. These 2 will still be talking this time tomorrow. 🙂

8. DrSayre
    10:26 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Has Dave Baker been on since he brought Chris from Richmond on?

• Realme
      10:28 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Good question. I got into a very polite Twitter fight with him over that. I think he has been on one more time.

• DrSayre
      10:31 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

haha into a fight with Buzz? That was an amazing thing… when I was listening to that I was like there is no way Matt is happy about this

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know this story.

• Realme
      10:37 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I turned it off immediately Dr. S. RG, do you know who Chris from Richmond is? He was an infamous fan several years ago, for all the extremely nasty things he would say about our team / coaches, etc. He was uber negative back when everyone else was enjoying the likes of Boogie, AD, etc. Baker brought him in studio to be on the show with him one day when he was subbing.

• Realme
      10:41 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

*yes the Twitter fight was with Baker. I would never interact with a piece of garbage like CFR was. He made all the KSR trolls of today look like cheerleaders.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I was annoyed with Drew for his “How will you remember Hami?” post. Way to invite trouble.

• Realme
      10:54 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I didn’t even consider clicking into that. Drew knew exactly what he was doing there.

9. Realme
    10:29 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I bet BCG had pre-planned that Windsor trip.

10. Realme
    10:56 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

If those 3 come back, a lot of angry people are going to feel stupid.

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

There was a movie…”I see dead people; they don’t know they’re dead”.
      I see stupid people; they don’t know they’re stupid.

11. Realme
    11:24 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

What did you guys think of the article mentioning that Hardaway is still recruiting Jeffries even though he’s committed to us?

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

I think Hardaway is going to annoy and irritate a lot of head coaches and gradually fade away after he flames out at Mempiss.

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Penny has a whole year to prove that he can’t coach. He should be worried about recruiting for this coming season, not next year. If he had any sense, that’s what he’d be focusing on.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:24 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

Penny Hardaway is claiming he does one-and-done better than anyone? Where’s that ROFLMAO emoticon when I need it?

13. J-Dub421
    11:54 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

People who suddenly find religion/find god and want forgiveness when they find out they’re dying are shady.

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am April 24, 2018 Permalink

That’s where the term “come to Jesus moment” originated. Nothing like a reminder of your own mortality to make for crystal clear perspective. Too bad some of us wait until it is too late for this to take hold.

14. secrick
    12:11 pm April 24, 2018 Permalink

Got to listen to the show today and these guys where very good, talked sports mostly . Best show i have heard but remember i don’t get to listen to a lot of them. Wish i was going to the Bahamas.