Danville Woman Sues AT&T for Stealing Naked Pictures

att

A Danville woman is alleging an AT&T employee stole nude photos from her phone, sparking a criminal investigation and a civil suit.

It started back in 2014.  The 19-year old asked the Danville AT&T store employee, Travis Applegate, to fix her phone.  The solution was simple.  From LEX18:

“He stated we are going to replace your phone. She actually said, actually can I get my phone back? To delete data what’s on there. He said don’t worry about it, we do it,” said Caldwell.

According to the lawsuit, Applegate guaranteed he would personally delete all of the data from the phone. However, lawyers say Applegate ended up saving some of the photos from the device for himself. The information came to light after he befriended the victim, through a mutual friend, in 2015.

She initially thought he might have three or four.  Her attorney said when the Danville police got involved, they actually discovered 78 naked or half-naked photos.  The lawsuit concludes with an alleged confession from Applegate: “I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I’m in the wrong. When I did that, I didn’t know you.”

[LEX18]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for Danville Woman Sues AT&T for Stealing Naked Pictures

1. jasonwells1982
    2:25 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

What does this have to do with Kentucky sports?

• ClutchCargo
      2:38 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

More importantly, though… is she hot?

2. I’m not justifying the guy’s actions at all, but it’s called “Public and Permanent” people! Protect yourself and teach your kids to do the same!

3. KYJelly
    2:55 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

I’m surprised they’re mentioning his name, from what I’ve read he’s not been charged. They’re not mentioning hers though I guess to protect her, what about him though? I’d understand if he was convicted.

• Saint Gabriel's Rims
      4:39 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

This is a news story, why wouldn’t they mention his name? What I don’t understand is they didn’t mention HER name?? To “protect” her…? Please. She is an adult and has filed a lawsuit, which is a matter of public record. Her name is Whitney.

4. Luether
    3:26 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

Pics please…

5. Chaz
    4:06 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

Anyone out there remember worrying about drugstore clerks opening your envelope and perusing your photos? Technology has made life for perverts so much easier.

6. BlueFrank
    4:46 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

Don’t take naked pictures of yourself….. problem solved.

7. 2thepoint
    5:05 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

Why would anyone post nude pics of themselves if they don’t want others to see them. It appears she didn’t mind if he only got a few of them!?!?

8. Mathlete
    5:56 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

She didn’t post any of them, they were on the hard drive of her phone and he used his position as an ATT store employee to get them by claiming he would erase her phone’s content and then looking through it. Apparently it wasn’t just her that he did this to, since they found other photos in his possession

9. rushman
    6:34 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

I did not realize that Ky Sports Radio was the Ky version of Buzzfeed.

• rolandrmoore1965
      9:19 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

Yes…”most ridiculous manner” does not always include sports. It’s the 5th-grader part of Matt and Drew that has made KSR so successful. And the Real Fans love them for it. Haha!

10. CATandMONKEY
    7:38 pm May 14, 2016 Permalink

You must be new round these parts. Welcome aboard.