Danville man catches 20 lbs. goldfish with biscuit

Photo via Cassie Anderson, Facebook

Photo via Cassie Anderson, Facebook

A picture is captivating the internet today and it comes from my hometown of Danville, Kentucky, where a man caught a 20 lbs. goldfish at a private pond this past weekend.

What you are witnessing is NOT national geographic! It is not a stolen image or edited photo! This is my brother!! Who…

Posted by Cassie Anderson on Saturday, February 9, 2019

Hunter Anderson, an avid fisherman who works at a bait and tackle shop in Danville, went to the pond with his girlfriend because he heard there were goldfish and koi there. He was right in a big, big way. There’s plenty of debate over whether the catch is a goldfish or a large koi, but there’s no denying it’s a beast. A beast that likes Lee’s Famous Recipe biscuits.

“Believe it or not we ate at Lee’s earlier in the day and I took a piece of Lee’s biscuit and put it on a hook and that fish ate it,” Anderson told WKYT.

The best part? He put the fish back.

“I thought it deserved to swim another day. Maybe somebody else will catch it. Maybe a kid can catch it and be as happy as I was. I was jumping for joy.”

That sound you just heard was Kash Daniel’s truck peeling out of the parking lot as he heads to Danville.

[WKYT]

[mobile_ad]

11 Comments for Danville man catches 20 lbs. goldfish with biscuit

1. bigbluebanana
    6:10 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

It’s Cal’s fault. Because of him, goldfish in Kentucky think they’re too good to stay little like god intended. That fish thar needs to “loose” some wait. Kentucky used to be a catfish first state, but now, thanks to Cal, it’s a goldfish first program. Fire Cal and hire this Danville boy, he knows Kentucky basketball by gawd.

2. Kat4Life
    6:29 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

Good man putting it back in

• mashburnfan1
      7:11 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

agree, good for him and thank you sir.

3. bigbluebanana
    6:50 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

I know this doesn’t relate to this article TT, but I just read a cover story in espn naming the five players who could become the face of the nba once Bron retires. The first four, Embiid, Doncic, THE Greek Freak, and our Anthony Davis, could all be argued as the legitimate successor. However, the fifth guy was Zion. A guy yet to play in the league, yet to win anything at college, is already being pushed out by espn to join names he has no business being mentioned with yet. Kid is amazing, don’t get me wrong, and very well could be the next great one. But for the worldwide leader to already be hyping him up like this goes to show how biased they have become lately. It was weird reading the article.

4. oruacat2
    7:04 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

Anybody here remember an amusement park called “Americana” located outside Cincinnati decades ago? I think it was called “Lasordsville” before that.

Anyway, the park had a little lake and it was filled with giant goldfish and koi that were this size and bigger. They would mob up close to shore anywhere there were people (waterside picnic tables were a favorite) and wait for humans to throw food into the water. Toss in a potato chip, a fry, or a piece of ice cream cone and the giant goldfish would go into feeding frenzy mode, practically stacking up atop each other trying to get to the crumb of food.

My stepdad at the time worked for a local NKY company that held its annual employee picnic at Americana, and the 2nd year we went, my buddy and I snuck in some fishing line and treble hooks and caught dozens of these giant bastards. We threw them all back every time, but still got in big trouble. haha

5. RICKSVD
    7:17 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

Don’t release koi into farm ponds. They overpopulated and eventually escape downstream. I’ve been shooting them like crazy for locals that made the mistake of thinking they would be cool.

• timbo
      7:49 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

This

• shelby
      9:32 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

Yup; not good that there is a 20 pound goldfish in the pond.

6. Dmorris08
    10:12 pm February 12, 2019 Permalink

I caught one this spring in a lake in northern ky.

7. Bigblueswami
    2:52 am February 13, 2019 Permalink

Moral of the story- “Gotta risk it for the biscuit” did not apply if you’re a giant goldfish