Dan Wolken takes over Kentucky Sports Radio (Monday Show Thread)

What better way to kick off five weeks of guest hosts than with some quality college basketball talk? USA Today’s Dan Wolken will host today’s show, so kick back, relax, and prepare to hear some fun tidbits about Calipari, whom Wolken covered at Memphis, the NBA Draft, and maybe even the Louisville scandal if we’re lucky. Do Dan a favor and call in to share your thoughts as well at (502) 571-1080.

Here’s the schedule for all five weeks:

Week One

Week Five

July 24: Seth Greenberg
July 25: Ramel “Smooth” Bradley
July 26: Cole Cubelic of the SEC Network
July 27: Guest Hosts
July 28: KSR Crew

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio affiliate-list

24 Comments for Dan Wolken takes over Kentucky Sports Radio (Monday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Chuckle of the day; read a well known UL fan site over the weekend….amazing source of humor lately.
    One of the “articles” was actually an ad by a sponsor…JC Penny.
    I can just imagine the UL fans watching a 2.5 minute video of Kenny Smith chatting with De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk.
    Ha Ha Ha, maybe just me; but I found that very, very, very funny.

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

No matter how hard they try, they cannot escape the UK swagger! 😀

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

I enjoy the suffering of U of L fans whenever possible. Draft night was nice. Three more lottery picks. 🙂

2. If a guy is considered to be “hosting”, shouldn’t he either be in studio, or be in *a* studio via remote from somewhere instead of on the phone? JMO.

• The quality of the sound when he’s on the phone just makes him sound like a caller. It’s really like Ryan is hosting.

• ukjaybrat
      10:53 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

hopinh he planned on beign in a studio somewhere and a last minute change of plans prevented that? bc yeah calling into a show you are hosting is kind of a turn off. usually matt can only get away with that if he’s AT some big game and stuck in traffic or something.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:54 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

…except for the whole “Dan knows what he is talking about” thing.☺

3. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

UUggghh! Third week in a row when I have a co-worker on vacation. Small office, so that just makes it harder on everyone else. Right now I feel like the only person on earth who doesn’t get to run off for a week on some cool vacation. 🙁 I have a couple of days scheduled off in August – guess I will have to wait until then to exact my revenge.

• ukjaybrat
      10:54 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

i don’t have to do more work when other people are on vacation because i’m the only competent one in my department. When I go on vacation however, it is a complete disaster when i get back.so i tend to only go on vacation during christmas when everyone else is gone too…. then i get scolded for saving all my vacation until the end of the year. i can’t win

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

jay, if I were you I would take my vacation whenever I want and if they don’t like it, tell them to kiss pappy on the head. 🙂

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:25 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

I find it very convenient to consume grain in juiced form. The benefits are numerous.

• Shagaris Sock Puppet
      10:29 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Ive read multiple reports where whole and refined grains can cause inflammation and joint pain, give it a research and check it out.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:35 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Yes, my grandpa always said he preferred getting his corn from a jar.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:37 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Fortunately the grains undergo a fermentation process first 😀
      I limit my other carbs. Proteins , fruits and veg make up the majority of my diet. Too much of any one thing can be detrimental but I think the villianization of gluten is way overdone.

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

“All the folks on Rocky Top get their corn from a jar”.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Some people have a legitimate gluten allergy, but not as many as those who go gluten free for funzies.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:45 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

SSP, I am aware of the research and agree to an extent with much of it. It is sadly ironic that the food source that allowed incredible growth and stability in early and current human populations may also be responsible for many of our woes.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:47 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Exactly, jdub.
      Same thing for MSG.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:37 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Interesting article about actor Michael Rapaport taking a jab at Cal. Although not an “A List” actor, he was in a decent movie, “Men of Honor” .
    It’s about Carl Brashear, a Kentucky native, and his efforts to become the first black Navy master diver.
    Also with Cuba Gooding and an excellent job by DeNiro. If you haven’t seen it…check it out.
    I do feel sorry for Rapaport, though…a St. John’s fan; that’s depressing.

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

That is a good movie. Rappaport is still an idiot though.

• ukjaybrat
      10:59 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

loved that movie

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:51 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Liking the football positivity from Wolken. Ready for kickoff!

7. J-Dub421
    11:14 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Let ’em have it Dan!

8. J-Dub421
    11:39 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

SEC football coaching is like Game of Thrones, everyone is trying to murder the current king in order to become the new king.