Dan Patrick’s interview with Kyler Murray was painfully awkward

Dan Patrick had Heisman winner Kyler Murray on his show down at the Super Bowl today to get a feel for which way Murray is leaning in his decision to play professional football or professional baseball. It’s the only thing to ask Murray right now, so in theory, Murray would address the topic since, you know, he’s currently touring radio row at the Super Bowl.

But that’s not how it went at all. Murray instead chose to avoid the conversation altogether by saying literally nothing to Patrick… on a radio show. To go completely silent while making a guest appearance on a radio show is an odd strategy, but Murray chose the silent treatment, and it made for a very awkward couple of minutes.

If this is how Murray is handling any and all questions about his future, may I ask why he is doing a radio tour in the first place?

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Dan Patrick’s interview with Kyler Murray was painfully awkward

1. Bluebloodtoo
    2:56 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Probably a requirement from some sponsor or agent, but I’m impressed with his ability to stick to his agenda and keep it cool while he’s ruining the show.

• jtd6567
      3:42 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I’m guessing DP was told in advance that Murray would not answer that specific question. Whoever set up the interview probably asked DP not to ask the question. I’ve heard DP brag before about asking questions he’s been told in advance would not be answered.

Now, to DP’s defense, what question does the Murray camp think is going to be asked. I heard Greeny ask him the same question on ESPN this morning and Murray answered it with no hesitation.

Again, it’s just my guess, but I’m guessing Murray stubbed his toe with this question before the DP Show and they told DP they didn’t want to address it before the show started. DP ignored the request and asked the obvious question that every else asked him this morning when he was making the media rounds.

• unbridled
      3:47 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know….that was just bizarre

2. 2Dogs
    2:57 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t seem too awkward to me. And personally I’d prefer to hear Kyler Murray’s silence vs. Matt Jones’ voice any time any day.

• ChanceyPantz
      3:01 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Jeez, how pathetic do you have to be to make a profile on a website just to talk shit about someone? Congrats bud, you’re wasting your own life.

• IndianaSucks
      3:17 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Don’t you know that’s what the comment section is all about? It’s KSR!

• cats646
      3:06 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Matt Jones does have an annoying voice. But I still love the show.

• unbridled
      3:51 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I disagree with damn near everything Matt Jones says, both sports analysis and most definitely politics….but I still like him and the show.

• 2Dogs
      4:04 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Big fan of the site, can’t listen to the radio show or watch his television show. Maybe if I did I wouldn’t be wasting my pathetic life apparently. But at least I have a new best bud so I’ve got that going for me.

3. Ridge Runner
    3:03 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Weird.

• Luether
      4:02 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Not really. It’s what you expect now from Democ Rats…

• bigbluebanana
      4:15 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Just..why? Luetber, for real man, if you went away forever after tonight, literally no one would miss you. Not a single, solitary person.

• 4everUKblue
      9:55 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Luether must be Bigolslatermedic’s grandfather.

4. IndianaSucks
    3:10 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Obviously, he did at Oklahoma but he doesn’t seem like he has the personality to lead a grown man NFL team.

5. plumloopy
    3:21 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

This would not inspire me to draft him, if I’m on the fence.