Damien Harris will take his official visit to Ohio State on September 6

(damienharris34 / IG)

(damienharris34 / IG)

(damienharris34 / IG)

Damien Harris just tweeted that he will take his official visit to Ohio State on September 6 to see the Buckeyes play Virginia Tech. Ohio State and Kentucky are considered the favorites for the five-star running back, who will announce his decision on December 13. Harris has been very complimentary of the Cats in recent interviews, talking about his strong connection to the staff and players, and in my opinion, the closer he schedules his official to his announcement, the better. Like the 2014 commits did with Matt Elam last season, I expect UK’s 2015 commits to rally around Harris and schedule their visits to correspond with his.

That being said, I hope Columbus, Ohio is really, really unappealing on September 6. Looking at you, Mother Nature.

17 Comments for Damien Harris will take his official visit to Ohio State on September 6

1. Cheech Marin
    10:25 pm August 25, 2014 Permalink

What’s with the @BBNGraffix being printed on the image? Isn’t that a bong company?

2. TANK
    10:49 pm August 25, 2014 Permalink

Same day that #2 and 5* RB Jacques Patrick will visit as well.

3. bluegrasssu
    10:52 pm August 25, 2014 Permalink

Unappealing? Yeah okay, 110,000 fans under the lights at one of the nosiest stadiums, on national tv, with other five stars there plus his good buddy osu commit Justin Hilliard among other good friends. Lets hope that his last official visit that is with UK convinces Damien to play here. Rumor I saw has at least one 5 star commiting that night, plus one of the five stars is a silent commit. Maybe mother nature will throw a monsoon at the game that night.

• UKfan
      10:56 pm August 25, 2014 Permalink

Columbus, OH smells. 110,000 fans can’t take away the odor.

4. Jimmy
    11:52 pm August 25, 2014 Permalink

The drive between Cincinnati and Columbus is one of the most boring drives ever. The land becomes very flat. And there is nothing to look at. There are no mountains or hills to look at. It’s a very boring drive.
    One time, I almost fell asleep driving this stretch. Thank goodness my passenger woke me up in time before I dozed off and crashed.

• arlo
      7:43 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

welcome to the land of nod. i live in ohio and if it weren’t for the bridges on its southern border there would absolutely nothing appealing in this state.

• Gospel Truth
      7:54 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

As someone who lived in KY for way too long, I’ve since moved to a nice area of the country, I can say there isn’t much eye appeal to KY either. Unless you like mountaintop removal and poor people.

• UKfan
      8:30 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

Ever been to Lexington, KY. You should try it someone. One spring day come out and I will take you on a tour. Hopefully it will change your sterotyping.

• Gospel Truth
      8:39 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

I graduated from UK. It’s a nice town if you’ve never actually been to nice cities. It’s kinda rinky dink. My wife and I couldn’t wait to leave.

5. stuckinohio
    2:43 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

I live in Columbus, and I can say pretty much for certain that unless the storm of the century comes through that night and cancels the game, his visit will absolutely not be unappealing. I have no love for the buckeyes, but I gotta give it to these people, they love their football. Best thing we can hope for is to get him to uk after his osu visit for our first sec win in several years. I definitely can’t think of a better way to show him were going in the right direction.

6. UKfan
    8:33 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

It does seem we are gaining momentum with the Mr. Harris and I hope we get him.

We also need another big receiver, a couple more defensive ends and definitely 2 or 3 nice linebackers. Go Big Blue

7. Swimdawg
    9:36 am August 26, 2014 Permalink

I have a cousin who works at OSU and closely with the athletic department and said they seem pretty confident that Harris is going to be a Buckeye…. Personally I have a hard time seeing him get away from Stoops as much they’ve been recruiting him since Stoops got here.

8. Inside Source
    2:03 pm August 26, 2014 Permalink

I’ve some inside info on Harris. My little brother goes to school with him at Madison Central and everyone there says it’s gonna be Ohio State over UK. Rock solid info

• Jake
      9:28 pm August 26, 2014 Permalink

Since he doesn’t go to madison central i would say you or your little brother dont have a clue of whats going on. He attends madison southern.

9. Matt Elam
    2:54 pm August 26, 2014 Permalink

Yea,

I had inside sources saying I was going to Bama too. I had fun with the rumors.

10. Your source sucks
    9:32 pm August 26, 2014 Permalink

This poor kids gonna get embarrassed on national tv. Good thing they’re not putting the boyle co game on espn

• HS Football Sports Fan
      11:46 pm August 26, 2014 Permalink

Yes! Boyle County gets to play Madison Southern High School featuring the Top Running Back in the Country named Damien Harris on 10/31/14 at home in Danville. Is that Halloween night? Boyle County Football teams are always tough. Should be a very interesting game…