Damien Harris Surprises Mother with a New Car

Getty Images

Getty Images

Damien Harris returned to his old Kentucky home to give his mother an extraordinary surprise.

The former Madison Southern star and current New England Patriots running back brought a brand new Jaguar F-Pace to Richmond to give to his mother, Lynn. She was in tears as she removed the blindfold to see her surprise.

“For 23 years you have supported me, sacrificed for me, but most importantly you have loved me unwaveringly,” Harris wrote on Instagram. “Everyday I will continue trying to repay you and honor you in everything I do!”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Damien Harris (@d.soaq) on

The unforgettable birthday gift came as Harris prepares for his second season with the Patriots. A two-time National Champion at Alabama, Harris signed a four-year, $3.6 million contract after he was selected in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft. In his rookie season he played in just two games as a reserve behind former Georgia running back Sony Michel.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

18 Comments for Damien Harris Surprises Mother with a New Car

1. Duuuuuude
    10:43 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Dang. Would Mrs. Harris have any eligibility left?

2. truebluefootballfan
    12:10 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Here’s a scoop for ya Nick…. Kentucky fans don’t give a rats a$$. You would know that if you were one of us. Isn’t it about time for you and drew to get real life big ppl jobs and learn what it feels like ya one earn an actual living.

• ukkatzfan
      3:36 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

I sent Nick 2 rats a$$e$. One for you and one for me. I picked up your check on this one. Hahahahaha.

• ComfortablyNumb94
      11:35 am July 22, 2020 Permalink

Does calling out someone who is just doing their job make you feel like a big man? Maybe if you could write a coherent sentence…or spell correctly in general…you too could write for KSR and have some loser call you out for not having “big ppl” jobs haha

3. UKInsider
    12:26 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

He was prepared to buy a Ford for months and told the dealership as much. Then, once the day came, something came over him and told him to buy a Buick; even his mom didn’t know. ‘It was crazy; I was just sitting there on my laptop and when I went to hit buy, I just went with Buick.’

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      1:59 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

I just saw the article and clicked to post this same joke but you beat me to it. Lol!

4. friendsofcoal
    12:58 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

I wish he had played for our Cats but I’m happy for him and his Mom. He’s earned it and so has she!

5. BobbyBlue
    12:59 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Wow he gets paid $3,6 mill and buys his mom a $60K automobile.
    It is not “his old Ky home” He is not a born, Ky native.
    And the horse he rode in on !

• ClutchCargo
      1:19 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Seems like a smart move to me. Ask Antoine Walker what happens when you blow all your money on material things. I don’t like how his recruitment played out, but it’s kind of silly to bash him for this.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      2:03 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Exactly Clutch. Plus, Bobby, it’s not like he bought her some old beater. My only question is could he have bought a less exotic brand and gotten more car for the money, and gotten cheaper repairs when the warranty is up (English cars don’t have the best rep for reliability), but it’s a nice gesture regardless.

6. Jesus H. Chrysler
    1:18 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

It’s a Jaguar. Hope he got her the extended warranty

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      2:08 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Yep, see my comment above. A friend of mine had a fairly new Land Rover that wound up costing him an absolutely nightmarish amount in repairs and time in the shop. He had financed it and wound up more than upside down in that deal. He has nothing but hatred for any English car now (I know Ford owns Jaguar, so I don’t know where they’re made these days…I think they own Land Rover also).

• ClutchCargo
      2:50 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Ford actually sold them off to a company in India several years ago. Good luck with that customer service. https://youtu.be/AmD_8cBqhW0

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      5:48 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, I just Googled that Jaguar model, and Wikepedia popped up and says it’s a British car company and this SUV is built in England. Could it be that it’s still “English” even if owned by a company in India? I don’t think Ford ever brought the manufacturing here.

7. WILDCATS1968
    2:34 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Funny, when we sign top kids in basketball from other states (several from Alabama, our fans do not act so chidlish ? Why is that ? How can you blame the kid ? Elite talent, went and played for an elite school, and won 2 championships. hate much ? as far as the car, he spent about right. 4 year / 3.6 Million, he did not go out and buy a $150k vehicle, he can afford the $60k, especially for his mom. Some of you need to take a step back and think before posting, it makes you look really silly bashing the kid. Hate much ?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      5:43 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Speaking only for myself, although I was disappointed, I have no problem with anyone going where they’re most comfortable or where they can win a natty. My problem was with his story that he had picked UK but only…at…the…(“unnnnnn!!!)…last…second…(“unnnnn!!!”)…reaching out…(“unnnnn”…stre-e-e-e-e-tch!!!)…and some apparition guiding his hand to the crimson hat and not the blue one!!!

That’s a load of bull hockey.

8. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    5:01 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Why didn’t he buy her a new car with that Bama pay check. Selfish brat made her wait after everything she did for him.

9. Bluenblood
    6:04 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Well done kid. These comments are such jerk offs. Really are you grown men??