Damien Harris Scores Touchdowns

Friday night, my Rivals’ friend Alex Davis (yes, KSR has friends at Rivals) was in Berea to watch Damien Harris play in Madison Southern’s Spring Game.  Harris didn’t get too many carries but still managed to get three scores, including the two big plays from above.  Maybe one hand touched him, but that’s debatable.

Davis spoke with Damien about the recruiting process after the game.  “I’m just trying to look at all of my options.  I want to make sure that I don’t write anybody off too soon because I don’t want to make a decision and then regret it.  I want to be happy and solid with that decision.”

Harris should be narrowing his list of schools in the next few weeks now that Spring Practice is over.  Harris said the education and football tradition of the school will be important, but those don’t compare to the value of family, “I just want to feel like whenever I come in, I’ll be a part of a brotherhood.  A close-knit group where we are all working towards the same goal.  It’s not a team full of individuals. I want that family feel from the coaches like I’m one of their own, where they’ll take care of me and treat me like I’m one of their own.”

As Harris looks to grow his family, coaches are going to have to convince his Mother that they’re worthy to join the family, “She’s just as much of a part of this process as a I am.”

While Damien weighs out his options, he’s spending his time learning a new position.  The #1 running back in the nation isn’t going to quit carrying the ball, but #WhyNot give linebacker a shot?  “People are always trying to hit me, so it’s fun trying to get to hit someone else for once.”

You can check out the full interview here, and while you’re at it go give my man a follow @KYPrepsAlex, he knows his Kentucky high school football.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

11 Comments for Damien Harris Scores Touchdowns

1. The Loco Pollo
    2:12 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Impressive. He looks a lot bigger than I realized.

2. Bubba
    2:14 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

He’ll be a Buckeye. Mark it down.

3. TN CAT
    2:44 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Would do best at Michigan.

4. Mama says...
    3:11 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

C A T S Cats Cats Cats!

5. PanamaIce
    4:13 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

No video, no photo on iPad.

6. UKfanNKY
    4:39 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Would do better as a CAT!!! Be a hero Damien the BBN welcomes you!!! GO CATS!!!

7. UKfan
    4:41 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Wondering how well he does against better competition?

• Bddfromcincy
      6:37 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

This is not intended to be disrespectful towards Madison Southern’s team as I have no idea regarding their level of competitiveness as a team. The more relevant question would be could Mr. Harris perform at as relatively high of a competitive level if he played for a more competitive team with a more demanding schedule? I think he could. His stats would more than likely take a hit as he would probably se surrounded by other talented individuals, but I believe he is athletic enough to be elite.

8. Come be a hero. Look at the O linemen Stoops has put out in front to block for you! Also, look at how this incoming freshman class uses “#brothers” on twitter. This school is tailor-made for you bro!!!

• Stoopified
      5:40 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Air Raid!

9. Uncle Jesse
    12:17 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

Did I understand it correctly that he is also going to be playing some LINEBACKER this fall?! sounds to me like his HS coach is not very responsible. Why in the world you would take a talent like that and allow him to become a target while on defense is beyond me. If you don’t think opposing coaches will take a shot at him while he is playing LB then you are nuts. For the kid’s sake, I hope he doesn’t get injured.