Damien Harris pushes his announcement to January 9

damienharris

There’s been a lot of confusion over when 5-star running back Damien Harris will announce his decision, so, this evening, Harris took to the Twitters to let people know the big date is now January 9:

Harris will reportedly take his official visit to Kentucky next weekend, along with most of UK’s current commitments and top targets Josh Smith, Marcus Lewis, Maurice Swain, and Nathan Dalton. Add in the UNC game and Drake Jackson’s announcement that afternoon and next weekend is shaping up to be a monster one for the UK football program. Maybe we’ll even have our offensive coordinator by then as well…

6 Comments for Damien Harris pushes his announcement to January 9

1. shelby
    6:00 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

I personally think this is good for UK; I’m sure he wants to not only know who our offensive coordinator is gonna be, but also wants time to do some research into the offensive system.

• Bullitt County UK fan
      6:31 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I’m sure he wants to see if Alabama can win the SEC and possibly the playoff and see if Ohio State can win the Big Ten and possibly have a shot at making the playoff. I’m sure he wants to see our offensive situation, but this concerns me more because of bama and OSU both being in the playoff races.

• satcheluk
      1:16 pm December 8, 2014 Permalink

Not ot be a Uriah Upper, but waiting to see if Alabama wins the SEC to determine if that is the right school makes no sense. If they lose, then he doesn’t go? This is all about waiitng to see who UK hires and evaluating how he fits in their system.

2. empireblue
    6:47 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

He’s gone, and good for him. I’m a lifelong UK fan, but if you’ve got a chance to chase your dreams all the way to one of the elite football programs in the country, where you’ll be featured on national TV almost weekly, you take it. I wish him the best and look forward to seeing him represent the state of Kentucky wherever he ends up.

3. Gowcats
    6:50 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

January 9…The birthday of my Dad, and one of my brothers-in-law. Hoping that is a good omen.

4. chase
    9:34 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

With all due respect to the other posters, this is more about UK and less about his other options. Why in the world would it matter whether OSU gets in to the playoff or whether Bama wins the SEC? They are both good programs for whom he will be just another decent player, regardless of how high they finish this year. Bama and OSU are known commodities. UK is the wildcard. He wants to know who will be calling his plays, and what their philosophy will be, before signing on to be a star for his home school. I truly think he wants to be the hero here in Lexington, but before signing on to pledge his future, it’s only natural to get to know your coordinator. He will be a superstar here and one of the catalysts for the ascension UK FOOTBALL will make in the next three years. Stoops up!!