Damien Harris discusses his three finalists and insists he still hasn’t decided

Damien Harris is officially down to three schools and he’s taking lots of questions about the final stretch of his recruitment while down at the Under Armour All-America game this week.

Rivals.com caught up with Damien during media day down in St. Petersburg to ask what stands out about his three finalists and how close he is to making a final decision.

Regarding the University of Kentucky, Harris said proximity to home, his relationship with the staff and being the face of change are key factors:

It’s close. It’s fifteen minutes from my house. It’s where I’ve grown up. I’m extremely, extremely close and comfortable with the coaching staff there, probably more so than any other staff out there.

What they’ve been telling me is that I can come in and be one of the key players to turn the program around, start influencing more recruits, and start turning it into a winning tradition. Who wouldn’t want to see their hometown, their home state, do well? So that’s just something they’ve been pitching to me.

If Kentucky isn’t his landing spot when he decides next week, it won’t be because of a lack of pressure around the state. He’s feeling it from all directions, he says:

A lot. It’s everywhere. From my friends, my teachers at school, administration: they’re all Kentucky fans. But I have to do what’s best for me and my family so I can’t take it into consideration that much so I have to do what’s best for me.

When asked if he has any idea where he’ll end up, Harris told Mike Farrell he is taking everything into consideration and he doesn’t have a decision in mind. “They’re all great schools and it’ s a tough decision,” he said.

Yeah, but Kentucky. Come on.

[UA Interview: Damien Harris]

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Damien Harris discusses his three finalists and insists he still hasn’t decided

1. shelby
    8:15 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

I really love this young man. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his feet on the ground. I feel like he’s part of BBN already; he’ll be in the NFL in a few years wherever he goes…so i hope it’s UK. C’mon down Damien, make a difference in in Kentucky.

• mashburnfan1
      11:46 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Yep. He should know he has a great shot at the NFL no matter where he goes. At Bama he will sit behind Henry, Tenpenny and Jones at least the 1st year of course getting some time in their rout games. At UK he will get tons of carries and if we can keep progressing he will get tons of attention for it. He is in a no lose situation but come on Damian, 15 minutes away so that friends and family can be there for you your entire college career. Why Not be a part of something special.

2. JTsaysHey
    8:22 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Harris is overrated and has a lot of baggag. I hope he goes anywhere but Kentucky.

• BeastCat
      8:36 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Get on outta here punk troll. I bet you do hope he goes anywhere but UK so he doesn’t put it on your boys…

• UK Big Board Update
      10:43 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

JTsaysHey is NOT A TROLL! LMAO.

JTsaysHey November 1, 2014 at 7:59 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      Neal Brown sucks

JTsaysHey October 15, 2014 at 3:44 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      I don’t find these people funny either. Fake barney and his stupid songs are so gay.

JTsaysHey October 13, 2014 at 6:33 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      If UK is going to win and have a shot at the SEC east, Towles has got be benched.

JTsaysHey November 19, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      This is why kentucky football is such a joke. Instead of firing a guy who is incompetent like Neal Brown lets give them contract extensions and raises.

JTsaysHey November 8, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      This whole team is just embarrassment, and its embarrassing that Mitch gave all of the coaches raises.

• cats paw
      11:28 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

I see the stalker of KSR has returned once again!

• UK Big Board Update
      12:11 am December 30, 2014 Permalink

So, you’re defending the obvious UK hater? Troll….

3. Time Expired
    8:22 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Would love to have him here but that big Bama offensive line looks so good to run behind.

• Katya
      8:57 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

I agree, but I think playing time might factor in. He’ll get more reps at UK than at Bama just because of the talent and depth Bama has at that position.

4. shelby
    8:35 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Lol, jtsayhey=NOT a UK fan.

5. Rixter
    8:57 pm December 29, 2014 Permalink

Does Louisville get ANY top recruits? Bobby Petrino = Joker Phillips.

• WillySpankit
      10:54 am December 30, 2014 Permalink

I wouldn’t say he’s that bad, but Louisville is on a downward slide while UK is climbing. We WILL beat them next year.

Have you noticed that the past 12 years have been broken up into 4 win streaks by each team? UL won 03-06, UK 07-10, and then UL won 11-this year. My prediction: UK wins next year and a couple more after that before Petrino gets fired for sinking their program because nobody wants their kids to play for him. They get a new coach and he takes a year or two and keeps up with the 4 year cycle. Or UK just wins every game from now on. That would be ideal.