Dakich: Louisville appeal denied, 2013 banner coming down

We will soon hear some bad news for the University of Louisville regarding its appeal to the NCAA, according to ESPN’s Dan Dakich.

Dakich said on his afternoon radio show that Louisville’s appeal was denied on Tuesday, which means the Cardinals’ 2013 national title is coming down and the school will be fined $15 million.

“You can like that; you can not like that. You can believe that; you can not believe that. But that is a quote from somebody in the room,” Dakich told his listeners. “Take that for whatever you want to take it.”

“The expectation from this source, who I trust, is that Louisville has their appeal and their appeal has been denied.”

Louisville has 24 hours to formulate a response, so this should all go public very soon, if we’re to believe Dakich and “person inside the room.” The source believes Louisville will try to delay its response.

Get your popcorn ready.

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Dakich: Louisville appeal denied, 2013 banner coming down

1. jonthes
    2:33 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Entirely earned. Now take down EVERY ONE OF UCLA’s banners, for worse – their players were bought openly. Which is public knowledge. Even Wooden acknowledged it while refusing to talk about it. The NCAA is keen on punishing Kentucky colleges and that’s fine when it’s earned. But Walton’s alma mater was the worst abuser of all time and should be treated as such.

• RealCatsFan
      3:27 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

And pull a couple down for UNCheat and dook while you are at it. But we all know that will NEVER happen to the golden calf programs.

• Rembrandt
      5:47 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know where you get “the NCAA is keen on punishing Kentucky colleges”. UL is getting hammered because Pitino knew prostitutes were being furnished for his players and his recruits. Pitino is also being investigated by the FBI. So there’s that.

UK hasn’t been punished since Claude Bassett was caught making illegal payments to high school players and their coaches 20 years ago. That punishment was deserved.

Southern Cal, Ole Miss, and Penn State have been punished in recent memory. Arizona, Auburn, and several other schools are being investigated because of the shoe scandal. None of those schools are in Kentucky.

I will say this for Little Brother. When it comes to cheating, they are unrivaled. They have lost their coach, their AD, their pres, their board, and their championship banner. That has to be the grand slam of cheating. .

2. Melvit
    2:33 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I had to listen to 40 minutes of bigoted remarks about Kentucky people just to hear him say this. This dude is the worst.

• Bull Filmer
      6:08 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Damn Dick-itch.

3. nybrasky
    2:36 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Louisville is trying to delay its response until Super Bowl Sunday.

Also, Dakich still sucks.

4. Bobbum Man
    2:44 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Wonder what all the UL trolls will have to say…. prolly be quiet again for a little while

• Mathlete
      2:48 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

They’ll never stop chirping, they’ve abandoned all reason at this point

• RealCatsFan
      3:26 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Waiting for 502CodeRed to show up on here saying that it doesn’t matter, they still won the title and everyone knows it, blah blah blah…

• Booby Petrino
      3:31 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s lil Code, he prefers you refer to him in rapper names.

• UK Big Board Update
      4:10 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Anyone heard from Lueser – I mean Luether?

HE MAD.

• BigBlueNationDude
      5:11 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Lmao hialrious. That coulda made any comedy tour.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:51 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Your spelling? #hialrious

• east-ky-boy
      11:54 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Lol great point. Where’s the trolls at? Probably out drinking malt liquor and getting a neck tattoo. That’s what cards fan do I think lol

5. JohnnyCheeseSticks
    2:46 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Dan Ball-itch is still a blowhard.

6. CatManDo
    2:57 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I now have stuck in my head the Creed song My Own Prison, but instead of “no appeal on the docket today” it’s “no on the appeal from Dan Dakich today”. Thanks.

• Atg2112
      3:03 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I created a profile just to tell you I have been laughing at this for 10 minutes. I had to excuse myself from a meeting. Thank you.

• CatManDo
      3:22 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

My work is done here.

• RealCatsFan
      3:25 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Kind of like the Elton John song – somebody had to point out that “Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer” sounds like he is saying “Hold me closer, Tony Danza”. The song has never been the same for me since. 🙂

• SuperTroy18
      5:40 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Brilliant.

7. Catcasey1
    3:11 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Dakich such a idiot about everything he talks about but this may be true

8. Willis talkin bout....
    3:19 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Dakich is a UK hater and will always be a douche.. but this made my day a little bit better! Thanks Dan.

• Bull Filmer
      6:19 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I have some good friends that are big IU fans – and they are haters. I believe it to be deep seated jealousy of KENTUCKY and what perhaps could have been for IU.

9. They are Freshmen
    3:29 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

According to Ricky Jones, that banner is coming down faster than the tower in Frankfort!

10. RealCatsFan
    3:29 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m not a Louisville fan, but if they decided to sue the NCAA because of the ridiculous crap that went unpunished at UNCheat, I would be behind them 100%.

11. 4everUKblue
    3:35 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Where’s Denny C and CodeRedneck?

12. serdi
    4:05 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Come back and talk to May when the greatest cheater of all times the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill cheating Dean Smiths take down the 93 the 05 and the 09 banners.

Until that happens if I was the university to Lovall I wouldn’t take down that banner I tell the NCAA to stick it

• serdi
      8:45 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I realized the my dictation at 4:05 PM was not translated very well by SIRI.

Since I am a early 70s graduate of UK, and, have never lived in Jefferson County. I could care less about U of L and what happens to them. What happened at U of L is tragic and sad for the graduates and other fans of U of L that are more hurt by the NCAA probation that is on the way that former employees of U of L that allowed such to happen. I know when we when through Emerygate and the Eric Manuel issues and the probation that followed it was embarrassing and hurtful to me as UK alum who greatly cares about UK and its basketball program.

What infuriates me, is the charges made to U of L or to UK, are nothing compared to the 20+ years of academic fraud and other issues that happened at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It all started with Dean Smith and they had to have all coaches following Smith within the North Carolina family to keep the fraud going. Boosters and powerful state leaders paid attorneys over $18 million dollars to protect the myth of Dean Smith and keep at least 3 national championship banners from coming down and 1,000+ victories because they were won with academically ineligible players.

If I was a parent of one a recruit that on their official visit to U of L or any school for that matter, and they were introduced to hookers and who knows what else, I would be infuriated. But, to me playing college athletics means you are a student athlete and you are matriculating towards a degree regardless of difficulty. It does not mean that you are not a student playing college athletics, be given grades and a diploma that is worthless…that is a fraud.

If I was U of L, I would dare Emmert to come take down the banner. I would tell U of L to tel the NCAA to stick it. The NCAA is no longer valid. The non-decision on the biggest cheater of all time took care of that.

13. ClutchCargo
    4:09 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

When and where is the watch party for this? I’ll bring extra popcorn.

14. UK Big Board Update
    4:09 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Waiting on a comment from Luether…….

………………………..

……………………………

……………………………………………..

• KYcats11
      4:56 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Sources………………………………………………………………………………..

• J-Dub421
      5:11 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Someone please tell Luether that voices in your head don’t count as sources.

15. eRUPPtion
    4:10 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Banner Down UL fans!!! ???

16. UK Big Board Update
    4:13 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Remember when UofLoL fans thought this was all made-up BS from some ‘stripper’ trying to make a buck by spreading lies, and that nothing would come form it? *cough*StormyDaniels*cough*

17. BigBlueNationDude
    4:15 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

No matter what the u of l fans are gonna say they still won it and they still played the games.

18. Bluebloodtoo
    4:26 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Millions of dollars…right?!

19. UKPROF
    4:26 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

How is Rick going to get that tattoo off his shoulder? That has to come down too, right?

• rickwhitetx
      4:36 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I say just rip the skin off.

• SuperTroy18
      5:42 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Fire or knife?

• Bull Filmer
      6:28 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

HOT BRANDING IRON!

20. shelby
    4:51 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

And the NCAA hasn’t even started the investigation regarding brian Bowen. Death penalty coming.

21. blitzedanddazed
    5:15 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

The 86 banner should come down also. Three quarters of that team could not even read or write.

22. Lip Man 1
    6:29 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

You reap what you sow. Great job Louisville! LOL.

23. catheaven
    10:47 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I would pay money to attend that event of the banner coming down. No popcorn, please. Might choke while I’m laughing so hard.