Could Kentucky land a former Ohio State quarterback commitment?

(Photo: John Kuntz, cleveland.com)

(Photo: John Kuntz, cleveland.com)

Last night, 2017 quarterback Danny Clark decommitted from Ohio State and KSR is hearing that Kentucky could be his next destination. The 6’4″ 225 lbs. Massillon, Ohio native committed to the Buckeyes three years ago, but announced he is reopening his recruitment last night in a lengthy and emotional post on Twitter.

“I have been forced to accept the fact that as a pro style QB, maybe my style of play would be a good fit elsewhere,” Clark wrote. “It is with a heavy heart, and with a clear conscience that I am officially decommiting from OSU, and will now open up my recruitment for the first time since this all began.”

Kentucky offered Clark a scholarship during his sophomore year and now, could be in the driver’s seat to land him. Clark is considered the 18th best pro-style quarterback in the 2017 class by 247 Sports Composite and a four-star prospect by ESPN. Last season, he went 140-272 for 2,405 yards and 23 touchdowns for Archbishop Hoban High School, leading them to the Ohio state championship.

Kentucky already has a commitment from Lafayette dual threat quarterback Walker Wood in the 2017 class. Of course, Mac Jones was also committed to Kentucky before flipping to Alabama earlier this summer.

Get to know Clark via his highlight reel:

14 Comments for Could Kentucky land a former Ohio State quarterback commitment?

1. MakersMike
    10:56 am September 27, 2016 Permalink

2. Billy Hill
    10:56 am September 27, 2016 Permalink

Love the gigantic Ohio State tattoo on his shoulder and arm. It would look good in any locker room.

3. He’s a 3 star, so you know he’d be competing against some 4 and 5 stars for PT, in addition to his skill set possibly not being a fit. All I can say is come on down to Lexington Danny!

4. secrick
    11:10 am September 27, 2016 Permalink

That kid is not coming to Ky especially if he listens to the fans run down Barker and the head coach and if happens to hear MR negative that called Stoops last night i wouldn’t blame him or any other player. Would love to have him.

• Let Urb go 9-3 one time and lose to Harbaugh and see how TOSU fans treat him.

• ClutchCargo
      12:32 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

Having fans getting ugly after however many losing seasons in a row is not a thing unique to UK. Look at what happened to Les Miles, and he’s probably the most successful coach LSU has ever had, without looking it up. Just win 4 more and it will calm down for awhile.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:37 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

I think I saw the other day that Miles is the second all-time winningest coach in LSU history, but I guess it’s all about what you’ve done lately. Georgia may pay for running off Richt as well. Kirby Smart may end up being a great coach, but it won’t happen from day one.

• Mathlete
      1:02 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

A “losing season” in Columbus involves going 11-2

5. ukisgr8
    3:35 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

judging by the last two QB’s we have signed, it appears a dual threat QB is the way we are going. I’m not sure Barker will make it in this offense.

6. The Professor
    4:00 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

I am sure he is a very good player if OSU wanted him but 140 out of 272 is not a great % in this era although 17 yds per completion is pretty good.

7. ekywildcat
    4:17 pm September 27, 2016 Permalink

No. We need the dual threat quarterbacks.

8. Rsn2GoBlu
    2:43 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

Urban Meyer: “It is a business decision”.
    Translation: “We have someone better than you that we are going to sign in Feb. That person will be set for life and you are now screwed”.