CORRECTION: Wandale Robinson did NOT eliminate three finalists

WKYT

Yesterday I published an update on Wandale Robinson’s recruitment titled, “Wandale Robinson Narrows List to Three Schools.” That was false.

The meat and potatoes of the post came from an Omaha World-Herald interview with Robinson’s father, Dale. I misinterpreted the following passage from the World-Herald article:

Wandale Robinson is now focusing on Nebraska, Kentucky and Ohio State along with Alabama, Purdue and Michigan as his finalists. He took official visits to each school except Kentucky — he was in Lincoln for the canceled Akron game — and was most recently at Ohio State on Oct. 6.

There’s no excuses for mistakes. To the fans, I apologize for giving you incorrect information. Most importantly, I apologize to the Robinson family. High-level college football recruiting is chaotic enough without media members publishing false reports.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for CORRECTION: Wandale Robinson did NOT eliminate three finalists

1. Ettish
    9:51 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

No worries Nick, thanks for all you do sir. Facts optional.

2. michaelb
    10:18 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

We might as well report that he went to bama , we don’t get guys like this . No problem here nickoli

• CATandMONKEY
      10:25 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Yep, 5 star recruits like Landon Young would never come to UK.

3. jimmer
    10:25 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

How did you misread that quote?! Seems obvious to me. No worries though – between this and Ryan saying on radio UK was basically in drivers seat he’ll never commit to UK now. Haha. (Eye roll)

• jimmer
      10:26 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

In all seriousness his family seems really sensitive to how they’re covered in the media. Probably did bother them. Oh well.

4. Le Docteur
    10:40 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Nice to see you can fall on your sword. But even I feel sorry for anyone whose job it is to cover college sports recruiting. Everything before a signature is rubbish.

5. kywildcats33
    11:15 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

You might be the reason he doesn’t come now nick thanks

6. Brutal Hustler
    12:28 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

Nick is a man of integrity and honor. He would never make excuses or cover something up. Take shaving his head bald for example. He did the dignified thing and gave in to the baldness instead of Bill Selfing it and lying. Good man, that Roush

7. bwise
    12:30 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

If I was him I’d go to Purdue and match up with moore, that would be unstoppable, I think our qb play would scare off a lot of pass catchers. Really hope he picks UK though!!!

8. BluejayK
    2:06 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

How did you misinterpret that? Even so, it’s not that serious. It seems as though he, or his family are a little uptight with this recruiting situation

9. bigbluebanana
    3:11 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

He removed several comments that called him out. Nick, if you think you’re a “journalist”, you better get used to criticism

• ClutchCargo
      3:28 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

To be fair, at least one supportive comment was also removed. Maybe give the guy a break?

10. bigbluebanana
    5:00 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

You have a point, and when you say something, I tend to listen, or at least consider it. However, if this were one time or event in which he messed up or removed negative comments, I would. The problem is he brings down this entire site with his writing, and any time someone slightly calls him out, he removes it. People dog Drew all the time, but he leaves it up and acknowledges the banter. Methinks he wouldn’t have even posted this apology article had it not been for his superiors making him do so. I’m a fan of UK and I cheer for them no matter what, and I’m right there battling these trolls in the comments daily. That does not mean that I have to put a sympathetic arm around poor writers here though (even though I do when others make the occasional mistake). The issue with Nick is that it’s a long standing pattern of poor work and blocking out his critics (I’m far from the only one). These aren’t Sports Illustrated articles, they simply aren’t that involved. They’re usually 2-3 paragraphs, if he can’t take the extra 5 minutes and proofread and edit himself, I don’t think he deserves a break, especially given his history.