Corbin man arrested for riding a Walmart Shopping Cart while drunk

A man in Laurel County was busted for stealing a Walmart motorized shopping cart and operating it under the influence of alcohol.

Steve Eaton of Corbin was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place and theft when deputies found him drunk driving the cart around an apartment complex just south of London, Ky. Nine other motorized shopping carts were found in Eaton’s own little motorized shopping cart collection; the 39-year-old had taken five from Walmart, three from Kroger and two from Dollar Tree.

Eaton was also picked up on charges out of Knox County for failure to appear on another public intoxication charge from back in November in 2017. He earned that one for cursing at people outside a Speedway gas station in Corbin.

[Kentucky.com: Kentucky man accused of stealing 10 shopping carts caught riding Wal-Mart cart drunk]

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Corbin man arrested for riding a Walmart Shopping Cart while drunk

1. JASUN74
    2:08 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

Lol. Maybe we should ask him to coach our team!! We’ve already got plenty who think they know better than Mark Stoops, so maybe this guy can tell us who to start, who to redshirt and who needs to play!!

We’ve got the greatest Coaches in the world right here on KSR comments section. Who would’ve thought it?

2. UKFanSC
    2:09 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

It is sad to see a human being reduced to this …..he has no hope of becoming much and must drink himself into a daily stupor to face the world.

3. runningunnin.454
    2:27 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

Some guys collect Aston Martins and Austin Healeys. Our man is just livin’ the dream, ain’t he?

4. Ridge Runner
    2:51 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

Cause I’ve got friends in low places
    Where the whiskey drowns
    And the beer chases my blues away
    And I’ll be okay…

5. 4everUKblue
    2:58 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

I can’t bring myself to make fun of this guy, I feel sorry for him. I have no idea what happened in his life that led him down this road.

• J. Did
      4:59 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

It was the alcohol – plus the 10 motorized carts that led him down the road.

Now he’s up a creek without a paddle.

• 4everUKblue
      5:13 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

So funny I cracked a rib on that one. Good to know you’ve led a mistake free life.

6. satcheluk
    3:16 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

Make him work at this stores for free for a year rounding up the carts in the parking lots, in lieu of prison.

• JASUN74
      7:47 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

That’s not a bad idea, but we know that won’t happen. He’ll just be locked up for a year and get out with nothing to come back to. I honestly wish we could help more people and the world wasn’t like it is but it’s a hard road for a lot of people. Sometimes it’s their fault, but a lot of times people are just born into the shiiit and it’s a rough life. I wish the old boy the best and hope life gets better for him. Probably needs to leave those carts at the store though. Haha. Shouldn’t have said the last part maybe but I couldn’t help but smile a little at it. Lol. Thanks

7. eyebleedblue
    3:33 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

I’m sorry, I thought this was America.

8. kentuckybackupplayer
    3:43 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

this guy and richie farmer need to start a electric shopping cart racing league at the pen.

• 4everUKblue
      4:35 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

Now that’s classy.

• JASUN74
      7:48 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

I hear you 4ever, no wonder this turd is a backup player!! Lmao.

9. chris43
    7:59 pm September 2, 2019 Permalink

The shopping card bandit of the bluegrass baby! ?