Dever Golf Car

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Dever’s Golf Carts (1030 East New Circle Road) in Lexington. Come on out to enjoy the show and for the chance to win that beautiful, tricked-out UK golf cart and/or SEC Tournament tickets.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

80 Comments for Come to Dever’s to win SEC Tournament tickets and a UK golf cart! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Mathlete
    9:58 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I think I’ve figured out why some corners of BBN have been so down on this team – it’s because we lost to U of Littlebrother. We could go 39-1 and hang a championship banner, but if that 1 was Louisville there would be at least a few people saying the season was a disappointment

• J-Dub421
      10:01 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I think several of them are just negative and miserable by nature and I’m so glad I don’t know them in real life.

• Mathlete
      10:07 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Agreed, how people can live being constantly miserable based on the outcome (or even just the beginning!) of a game played by 18-22 year olds they don’t know is beyond me

• ukjaybrat
      10:11 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

i think it’s a little bit of both of your thoughts. i dont consider it a disappointment. especially since it was a road loss. but we have lost quite a bit of our big time match ups and a couple home games. which leaves a sting. i wish we would have at least gotten one more W of the 3 we lost against top 10 teams. @ UT and @UF are fine. no complaints there

10:11 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Some (I work with several of them) refuse to be happy as long as One And Done exists. So they love when things go wrong and they can feel affirmed. Weird thing, though. They also complain about the players that come and aren’t good enough to leave in one year. They want magic 4 year players that are really good and don’t leave.

• runningunnin.454
      10:11 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

They live vicariously…..they’ve never done anything their whole lives.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:18 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

There is much wisdom in this post and the above five replies. I can add nothing to elucidate further. This team continues to have great potential.
      Go Cats!

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Fact is that some people get up in the morning and practice bitching in front of the bathroom mirror. If they have absolutely nothing in their lives to complain about, they will go out of their way to find something. And those are often the same people who feel compelled to enlighten everyone about their political views.

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I assume they’re miserable people about most things in life, not just UK sports.

• I think if we had at least beaten UCLA at home then there would be less negativity, but what do I know.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

All I know is we’re 26-5, and 4 of our 5 losses were to teams ranked in the top 15. We also won our conference by 2 whole games. Our record isn’t bad enough to warrant this level of negativity.

10:30 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Can I add another coworker opinion that is driving me crazy? They are convinced that Cal only cares about getting players into the NBA, and will prioritize that over winning. I keep saying it’s not a choice between the 2. He wants both. Besides, nothing makes the players look better than winning. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Okay, I feel better now.

• RCF, I’m glad no one on the left complains. 😛

• AGSlater
      10:59 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I see the KSR minions in full force today. You guys are hypnotized by Matt Jones. No watching kids doesnt make me a miserable person. Not all my posts are the real Slater. Their is a moderator using my ID and posting things all the time on my sn. I know this because I have changed my PW a few times and does nothing. They must have a lot of time on their hands. I mean its blogging. I have felt like the cats have obviously been playing better lately. Yes the one and dones suck and is old. Getting over hyped every year on unknown players also hurts. I have told myself I will not let myself fall into the trap every year. Of course I complain a lot, but its out of frustration. Living in Louisville working with some card fans makes every game important because you gotta hear about it every loss although it is the other way around. Ultimately I am not sure Cal can win another title here playing freshman every year unless we have a Davis kind of player. The time and stress put in every season to get beat in tourney is a let down. Obviously we cant win them all, but if they cant win more than 1 with an incresible amount of NBA talent imo is underachieving. Take it as you want I am not the only one by far who thinks this. I take UK bball way too serious. Ill admit that. I AM a big fan maybe I am still pissed about 2015. Sorry guys. I am probably going to retire AGslater do to hacking. Go Cats

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Both good points Realme. There is a portion of our fanbase that wants a team full of Anthony Davises and Karl Townses and thinks that those guys should stay 4 years which is just ludacris. They complain about the one and done rule and then turn around and bash the heck out of guys like Briscoe and Poythress as “terrible” because they weren’t one and dones.

How many times has Cal said he wants to go 40-0 and wants to win the title every year?? A lot. Yet people focus solely on the NBA thing.

10:55 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

You guys are intelligent and reasonable fans. It’s so refreshing.

• AGSlater
      11:02 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Just because we are down and dont kiss the ground cal walks on doesnt mean we arent intelligent fans. I would bet everything I have I know more than you about UK bball

11:01 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

*well, most of you

11:06 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Okay, I’ll bite. AG, why are you making this discussion about you? Are you one of my co-workers? Are you the entire negative portion of the fan base, all by yourself? Take a breath.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:06 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Slater “Yes the one and dones suck and is old.” This is why 97% of BBN thinks you are completely out of touch.
      “One and done” is the way of the world now. We just did it first. When Billy G was here our best player Patrick P was a top 50 recruit. That was our ceiling. I think he proved to be much better but setting our sights on hopefully cracking the top 50 wasn’t getting it done. If you want to return to those days, please have at it.
      Over an OUT.

• AGSlater
      11:21 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

You guys are a very small small fraction of the fanbase on ksr. You have no idea what the other fans are thinking. Just because they are not on KSR with knee pads on. Enjoy the early exit in the tourney this year Im sure youll be kissing cals ass no matter how early they go out.

• ukjaybrat
      11:08 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

“I would bet everything I have I know more than you about UK bball”
      A fool’s bet. not one that anyone could prove… essentially equivalent to sticking your chest out and screaming look at me i’m better than you.

and no it doesn’t have to be a ksr mod “hacking” your account. I can change my name to AGSlater anytime i want. doesn’t take a rocket scientist to do so.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:09 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Actually Real, the negativity and idiocy shown by AG on here over the past month exceeds the negativity of any 23, 000 random UK fans. If his posts are evidence of his basketball knowledge… Dear. Sweet. Lord.

11:12 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I could understand getting his panties in a wad if anyone in this thread had specifically mentioned him. But to get bent out of shape about a conversation one isn’t even a part of, about a much larger group, is weird.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:14 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

…and to be fair the fake AGSlater is easy to discern from the real one because the fake one is HILARIOUS.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

No, there is no moderator using your screen name. Another fan perhaps, but not a moderator. Changing your password will do nothing to stop someone from changing their screen name to yours.

You complain a lot because you’re miserable and negative by nature. I live in Louisville too, but I haven’t allowed crappy U of L fans to sour my disposition.

• ukjaybrat
      11:21 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

jdub. exactly. if anything living in louisville should be great in the last 7 years, we’ve owned their asses. and only the most delusional of ul fans could argue it. and those people aren’t worth arguing with. bc you know what they say about arguing with an idiot, they’ll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I’d also like to point out that Slater while complaining about one and done’s, is also one of the biggest Briscoe haters on this site. Briscoe is a guy who returned, yet you still hate him and think he sucks. Hypocrite.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

CG, you will notice that I wisely did not point my comment at the left or the right. But like Cal says, if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs and one yelps… 😀

11:28 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

This is kind of nice. Y’all know how much I missed Cats Paw.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:33 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

CatsPaw was far more sensible and balanced but more irritating because his truth sometimes hit too close to home.
      Ok not MORE irritating. 😀

• catsarerunnin
      11:36 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Give it up Slater. You’re not a UK fan.

• Mathlete
      11:45 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Well… that escalated quickly. I was originally just making a point about how losing to Louisville is the only indicator of a successful season for some fans. Guess that hit a nerve?

• Point well taken RCF. I can’t stand how those moderates in the middle complain about EVERYTHING!!! Ha! 🙂

• AGSLATER, I can see your IP address whenever you post, and it’s always been the same, even in threads where you say your screen name has been borrowed.

BTW, to you computer experts, why can I see some IP addresses, but not some others, even some who don’t link to a site in their ID?

• catsarerunnin
      11:57 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I agree totally with your UL opinion Matlete. Some use it as a measuring stick but I don’t really. No question it’s a HUGE game and I want a win but it’s just one game on the schedule. I always look at the bigger picture. And you’re also right about the escalation. Many are tired of the constant whining by the same folks regardless of how this team performs. I don’t get coming on a UK fan site as a “fan” and then not only bash the team nonstop but also its supportive fans.

• ukjaybrat
      12:00 pm March 7, 2017 Permalink

if you’re talking about the ip address you see when you scroll over someone’s name, that is the original ip of where they first created an account. not necessarily where they are logged into now. and that can be changed or removed in wordpress. but that changes nothing because everytime you login or comment, your ACTUAL ip gets logged as well.

really the scrollover link is meant so you can setup a personal page and link there so you can send all your fellow bloggers/friends to read your stuff there. it’s a wordpress thing.

2. secrick
    10:15 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Just had a guy come in and ask me whats wrong with our cats. I said nothing they have only lost 5 games all year .He still thinks they have zero chance of going to the final 8. Got to win them all or some fans just give up. DUMB

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Nothing but maybe youthful exuberance. I watch a lot of basketball; and, I’m amazed at the parity this year….maybe no great teams, but a lot of very good teams.
      It could happen that you go home after one or two games…..just ask Coach K.

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:20 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Matt, re: Carolina; how many points were they held to a week or so ago?

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Answer: 43.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:28 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Thank you. I was replying too quickly and lazily to verify.
      My point to Matt is that he is giving too much love to a team that could only squeak out 43 points, regardless of the rest of their resume’.
      Plus my brother is a tarheel and any chance I get to virtually smack him around is a good day. Love you little bro!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:28 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Virginia has the #1 defense in America. Kentucky has the #175 defense in America according to ESPN. You can best bet UNC will hit 80 against us.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:32 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

They hit over 100 😀. I just don’t think they are indestructible. Many lesser teams have put up more against Virginia. I’ll take us over VA.

• That’s still incredible to me.

• The 43 that is.

• Mathlete
      11:18 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I’m going to need Laker Cat to cite his source on ranking #175 in ESPN’s defensive rankings – KenPom has us as the 13th best Adj. D in D-I

4. Realme
    10:21 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think this year being close to home is the most important thing. Some of our best crowds were for losses, so that makes me think this team doesn’t feed off the fans all that much.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I would like that golf cart a LOT more if it had the old school UK logo on the front instead of that newfangled monstrosity. I don’t think I will ever get used to that. I hope someone sees the light and moves us back to the old classic design.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:29 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Agree. Like lots of the new designs except that horrid thing.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

It just looks like some kind of generic NFL logo to me.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Regarding Willie’s tats, I still think that tree thing he had on his neck was a total disaster, and that is why he covered it up with other tats.

I have to wonder if the sensitivity that Brad has about the “Earned Not Given” tattoo has anything about some, ahem, cognitive dissonance over getting it. I am sure there are more than a few people who got tattoos years ago and now look at them and think to themselves, “what in the hell was I thinking?” This applies particularly to those that involve the name of an ex. 🙂

10:33 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I think he thought getting that tattoo would get him respect for how he worked hard to get his spot on the team, didn’t just get the spot because of who he is. But in reality, it made him look a little silly. Both because it looks terrible, and he is still the coach’s son. Sure hope Brad doesn’t read KSR, lol.

7. Big Blue Troll
    10:33 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Tis time to show our great battle strength on thee battle court. May the best man win!

8. secrick
    10:40 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Any one watch Northern Ky play last night. They sure hustle and can hit the three.

9. ky196
    10:54 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Matt, what would happen to bracketology if Gonzaga should lose to St Mary’s tonight?

10. The Affiliate List is so nice, they had to list it twi…WAH?…4 times?

11. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I like the new app notification with the Johnny Short guffaw. Is there a way to make any notifications that involve Tom Crean or IU Basketball come across with the creepy Ryan sound? It would be appropriate. 🙂

11:21 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Did update the app so that you can read and make comments yet?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:24 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Johnny Short was part of perhaps the greatest moment in KSR-live history when he was speaking but neither Matt nor Ryan had a working mic. True radio gold. 4 years ago? That moment will eternally bring a smile. Classic KSR.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I can read and make comments in the app, but can’t reply to comments or “like” comments.

11:29 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Ok, thanks jdub.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

If you’re in an article, at the very top in tiny font it says comments. If you click there it will take you into the comments section.

11:40 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Ok, might download the app again. I mean I do miss having the creepy Ryan voice startle me. I’m sure a John Short guffaw will be great too.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

When something good happens (like we land a big recruit) the notification sound should be Matt giggling. 🙂

12. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I think for the SEC Tournament they should change the app notification to Helmet Guy saying “Mizzzzippi State”. 😀

• CATandMONKEY
      11:29 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

I find the lack of Helmet Guy since his debut truly disturbing. I would absolutely pay his tab for a night just for a redux.

11:29 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

How about the creepy way Matt says “delicious” in his new commercial for I forget what restaurant?

13. uklumpy
    11:39 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

If Northern Kentucky wins tonight, they will be just the second team since 1970 to make the NCAA tournament in their first year of eligibility. Fourth seed or not, there is something to be said about that.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Impressive.

• catsarerunnin
      11:48 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Impressive but not surprising. I’ve lived in northern Ky all my life and that has always been a successful program. Nice facilities too.

• runningunnin.454
      11:52 am March 7, 2017 Permalink

Didn’t George Clooney go to Northern Ky?

14. catsarerunnin
    12:02 pm March 7, 2017 Permalink

Not really sure 454 but he’s from the same county that I’m originally from and we’re the same age. Knew him back then but not very well.

15. Souf beach Lou
    1:01 pm March 7, 2017 Permalink

You think maybe instead of selling crappy paintings ol’ Dubya could have maybe not sent the soldiers to die in an illegal war that resulted in millions of civilian casualties maimed and injured countless of Americans and destabilized a region paving the way for isis?!