Colin Cowherd continues to be the world’s loudest John Wall hater

Colin Cowherd will not stop bringing up John Wall’s “Dougie” before a game in Wall’s rookie season in Washington. The ESPN radio personality has crushed Wall over it for years, and it popped up again on yesterday’s edition of The Herd.

“About five years ago I made a snap judgement on John Wall, a basketball player for the Wizards. Number one pick. Super talented,” said Cowherd. “He came out in his first home game and did a 30-second dance and I said, ‘First game, really? Would Derek Jeter do that? Tom Brady? Magic? You can do it after you win titles, you can do it nine years in the league, but first home game?'”

“You’re not going to be my guy,” he continued. “That’s idiotic. That’s bad judgement.”

Of course, this was Cowherd’s way of setting up the news of Wall being cut from Team USA. He also used the opportunity to point out that Wall led the NBA in turnovers, without mentioning Wall was second in the NBA in assists.

Do any of you listen to this fool?

Article written by Drew Franklin

33 Comments for Colin Cowherd continues to be the world’s loudest John Wall hater

1. theWilkman
    11:17 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

No. Henderson recently got a Fox Sports 1 channel (via Evansville) so I listen to Dan Patrick and Jay Mohr during Colin’s joke of a show.

2. Wildcat Bob
    11:17 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

Cowherd is a blowhard idiot who loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk and talk. How he has a job is beyond me – he’s turrible!!!

3. UKnowMe
    11:18 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

No, the only person worth listening to on ESPN radio is SVP.

4. RUPPS_rhetoric
    11:21 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

Haven’t listened to this jerk in years. He’s completely irrelevant.

5. Wolfcreekbrian
    11:26 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

No! Never did like to here him. Big blowhard IMO.

6. Chaz
    11:30 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

I made my own snap judgement sometime ago – decided this guy was a blithering idiot. Haven’t heard his voice for longer than the time it took to change radio stations

7. bramstin milsapp
    11:36 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

UK needs to be better at DEFENSE.

NOT better at being DEFENSIVE.

8. Definitely Not Val Kilmer
    11:37 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

I used to love his show, but now I think he is the biggest troll at ESPN. He just says things to get attention, negative or positive.

• UKnation
      1:39 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He voices controversy to get ratings whether be believes it or not. He will actually contradict himself over time. Can’t stand his show.

9. RealTalkk
    11:41 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

I like Colin. We’re all entitled to our own opinions. Do I agree with him about everything? Absolutely not. But we don’t have to. Basketball isn’t his strong suit. SVP and RR are the only two who really follow basketball.

• For real
      1:51 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He actually made a very good point and backed it up with stats (which this site conveniently left out)!! Athletic doesn’t always equal great player…..

10. KcMunk
    11:49 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

What Cowherd actually says is…. Wall is super Talented. He and Bradley Beal will lead Washington to the Eastern Conference Finals. That Wall is a budding super star…. Stop focusing on him clowning Wall for dancing. That was stupid. It did Show a lack of judgment. But he was a kid and seems to have learned from it.

11. Chaz
    11:55 am August 6, 2014 Permalink

Give Fake Randy Savage a break, if only just for perservance.

12. Bluebloodtoo
    12:00 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I used to listen to him, but it’s so hard to hear him rip on everything and everyone with his elitist attitude all the time and not get sucked into the paranoia. I switched from Cowherd to NPR for my morning commute. That’s how bad it was listening to Cowherd.

13. Bob the Replier
    12:25 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I cracks me how a homer from the Northwest can go on the radio act like a pretntious east coast elite commentator.

14. BillDozer
    12:42 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I do like Cowherd and he is entertaining most of the time. He is the best at those troll rants using random circumstances to make a point or create some firestorm for the day. The one thing I dont like is how unfactual he is at times and never has to be held accoutnable for it over the air. He will literally just make up facts and run with it, happens a few times a week. ….drives me nuts

15. raccoon
    1:02 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He is successful because he appeals to the middling masses – I don’t honestly think he believes anything he says, it is all a calculus to get traffic and traction. Just take contrarian and extreme positions and people will tune in. Take reasonable and measured stances and you are boring, time to change the channel. Really sad. But we live in a country were Big Bang Theory is the number one TV show so…

16. ZombieLibrarian
    1:15 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He’s not on the air currently where I live, so I don’t hear him much any more, but I like him because he says what he thinks and he’s entertaining. I don’t have to agree with everything he says to like his show. He’s never boring, that’s for sure. I think of his work as more of an editorial than I do as straight news.

17. Thomas Jefferson
    1:15 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I like Cowherd okay, but he’s really overreacting to the John Wall Dance. It makes me wonder what subconscious button in his head was pushed. There was nothing wrong with the dance.

18. kevin wants his aleve back
    1:17 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Cowherd’s a loudmouth butthole going for listeners that aren’t far from Jim Rome territory.

But, I kind of agree with his statement about a guy coming out like that before his very first game (assuming it’s a true story). I prefer the more humble guys that let their play do the talking. But bringing it up constantly years later is WAY too far. All in all, Cowherd’s an ass.

19. KMan24
    1:18 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Basically…..a turd.

20. DesignatedDrinker
    1:32 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He has an awesome show. Brilliant on football, not really on any other sport. So, I wouldn’t pay attention to his basketball knowledge, although he does like Cal. So, he dislikes Wall, but likes Cal. Maybe if fans weren’t fans and listened instead of talking, they would, ya know, know something.

21. SoCalCat
    1:36 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Love Colin. He likes to stir up interest on both sides of the fence, so stirring the Big Blue Nation is just his cup of tea.

22. Jason Turner
    3:45 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Yes I tweeted this to Matt Jones yesterday and got zero response.

23. Jason Turner
    3:47 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I still say snap judgement anyone within 10 feet distance of Colin wears a mask so they don’t get spit on.

24. pfife
    3:53 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He’s my favorite on ESPN radio (his football show on TV is pretty good too.) Colin is off on his Wall comments, but I’m sure all the negative feedback from KY only enhances his brand at ESPN overall.

25. PW in KY
    5:49 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

He is terrible. I’ll turn the channel whenever I see his face, and I turn the station whenever I hear his voice. I seriously dislike pundits who choose flair over substance to make their points. If he can’t handle a 19 year old millionaire doing a silly dance before a game then why should I take him seriously on anything?

26. Trueblupopeye
    6:21 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Nope don’t listen to untalented ass sucks who’s only claim to fame is he can out suck everyone around him for a gig at ESPN. He picks on Ky because he’s well aware of how big the BBN is and it plays well to all our haters and to his California crowd. If your gonna have a guy get on the radio and for the most part crush players from the NBA to the NFL then IMO they should of at least played at one time or the other. Pimple faced moron who can’t keep a wife.

27. the General
    7:10 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

No, I don’t listen to pompous, arrogant, foul-mouthed people

28. G
    7:27 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

Get defensive much? Take the blue glasses off a moment and you’ll see he’s not that far off base

29. ftdglhyug;ukgi;
    9:23 pm August 6, 2014 Permalink

I think Collin doesn’t like the Dougie. Maybe if John had done the Charleston or the Robot or the Ne Ne. No wait, the Ne Ne wasn’t around four years ago. Anyway, I like the Dougie. I think John should do a 30 second Dougie after every time he scores or has an assist or has a turnover or after he does the Dougie.

30. Beaumont
    10:42 am August 7, 2014 Permalink

I make it a point to never listen to the guy… He seems like a little weasel to me.