Cody Zeller with the one-handed… DOH!

Send it in, Big Handsome!

So that’s why fans were so excited when he was drafted…

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for Cody Zeller with the one-handed… DOH!

1. CPKIII
    11:04 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

Why do you post so much about Indian basketball? This is a Kentucky site.

• CPKIII
      11:05 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

Dang it Indiana!!! I mean

• Musehobo
      12:18 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

It’s kind of hard to run a Kentucky sports site and not mention our rivals. Part of the fun is knowing when the teams/players we want to see fail do so. I don’t know how there are so many of you people who say this over and over. If you want to read a site where they don’t ever discuss our rivals, go to WLEX or something. This to me is funny, and I want to see it every time. Can’t believe you don’t, unless you are a dirty Hoosiers fan.

• M
      12:53 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I agree with you Musehobo, except that I wouldn’t call them a rival; at least not since the 80s. It’s more fun due to all the hoopla surrounding the 1 buzzer beater, and all of the ESPN coverage. How it became such a big deal to them and their fans. However, at least for me at my age (32), it’s never been a rivaly and I couldn’t care less about IU. I do hate Tom Crean, and hope that they lose when they play, but again, that’s more to the coverage surrounding the 1 shot than anything else. It is hilarious. Unfortunately we had to see Brandon Knight get dunked on countless times, so it’s good to see things like this.

2. ukcatsfan2
    11:07 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

Just start calling him “Clank Zeller”

3. Cat
    11:09 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

That video was hilarious!

4. Candy Striper
    11:10 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

5. Smidd
    11:10 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

Ahh… this entire post has made my morning. Thanks

6. jmiketaylor
    11:20 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

The good news is we get really cheap NBA tickets here in Charlotte.

• PhilUK18
      11:22 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

Lousy team, cheap tickets. Seems about right. Is Michael Jordan still calling the shots for them? If so, they’ll never get any better until he’s gone. For as great as he was as a player, he’s equally as bad in the front office.

7. Jesus
    11:22 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

We really could of used Michael last night.

8. asdf
    11:36 am January 2, 2014 Permalink

That’s the same way I dunk.

9. 2mites
    12:00 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

This is so funny in so many ways. First he takes at least 4 steps going to the basket and then as a seven footer cannot get above the rim. I wonder if anyone will have this mistake on their team after a few years.

10. Blue_Cat75
    12:22 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

He forgot that he is white and not athletic.

11. Mark
    12:22 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Tom Crean already has a ring in production for Zeller.

• Tom Crean
      1:06 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

A banner will be hung in his honor – “Nearly a NBA Monster Dunk 2013-2014”

12. NC Cat
    1:16 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Sadly he has about the same impact as MKG for the Bobcats. He will likely develop into a better player too and one they decide to keep after trading MKG in the offseason. This is coming from a diehard UK fan who lives in Charlotte and watches many of the games.

• NotSad
      1:38 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I couldn’t think of anything better for MKG than to be traded. So let them keep Zeller, and good for MKG for getting the hell off that horrible team.

• M
      4:10 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

MKG has had big games showing glimpses of being solid. Zeller can’t start over Josh McRoberts

• M
      4:16 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I’d also like to add that he’s 7’0 tall and is 2 for his last 20 from the field.

13. gossie21
    2:19 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I love the bench reaction. Especially the guy holding everyone back from celebrating too much over a missed dunk. Charlotte basketball in a nutshell.

14. Clappy
    2:20 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I talk trash to opposing players during game. Aren’t I a brilliant coach!

15. KG
    4:04 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

I say jab the Hoosiers each and every time we can.
    Prior to our game with NC I was watching IU play (syra) ?, anyway Dakich was doing the game and discussing the up-coming UK game with UNC. Dakich says (and this is not a precise quote) but it was sorta like :”Well if Ky. loses I look for Cal to cancel the series against the Tar heels like he did when he cancelled the IU/UK series because we beat them” I was amazed and usually something like that always makes it’s way here or another site but nothing was ever mentioned. Since the subject of digging IU came up I thought I’d share that.

• M
      4:13 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

Can’t stand Dakich, who’s name scrambled is a dick hand for whatever it’s worth. I’m so glad we got the chance to end their season that year.

16. Ben
    7:59 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

17. Buckets
    9:22 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

You should see “Big Handsome” on NBA 2k14. uuugggggghhhhhhhh

18. KD
    9:35 pm January 2, 2014 Permalink

KG – That’s just unbelievable if it comes from anyone other than a Hoosier. Like M , i’m so glad the Cats got the chance to Debo their sorry arses…”.they got knocked the frank out”. dakich should count his blessings…..we would be hanging an “L” on them annually. Indiana makes Kansas look highly respectable.