Coach Cal Reflects on his Visit to see The Pope

Coach Cal has done many great things in his life, but there’s probably nothing that can compare to his his trip to see The Pope speak before Congress.  He made it a point not to push his Catholic religion on anybody, but still felt the need to express his feelings on the spiritual experience at CoachCal.com.

1. The Golden Rule — Treat people how you want to be treated. If you were down and out, and you were struggling, how would you want to be treated?
  1. Create opportunities — Create opportunities for others and you will create more opportunities for yourself. If you create a business, do so with the idea of “I’m going to create jobs, and in the end create a great product because I’m caring about my people.”
  1. We are all descendants of immigrants — Let’s not forget where we all came from. My grandparents came here through Ellis Island and could not speak a lick of English.

Coach Cal is never left speechless, but he was definitely taken aback,  Feel free to read all of his comments here.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for Coach Cal Reflects on his Visit to see The Pope

1. bob
    9:05 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

the Pope…and the Dope

• Brian
      9:13 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

Failing to see where Chane Behanan is relevant to this story….?

2. Manteo Wanchese
    9:49 pm September 25, 2015 Permalink

We are definitely NOT all the children of immigrants. My people were here before recorded history began. My wife’s family came here to my country in 1637. It cannot be said in any way that our children are the children of immigrants.
    Coupled with your bizarre statement from another post tonight saying visiting the Pope was the greatest thing Calipari has ever done, I am thinking you may need to lay off the sauce tonight, Nick, and just try to write about something you might be a little more educated about.

• Welcome to the Americas
      12:04 am September 26, 2015 Permalink

Sorry my people weren’t there to meet your people when they crossed the Bering land bridge. From which country did your wife’s family emigrate? Hopefully your people met her people and welcomed them to their new land.

• Welcome to the Americas
      12:08 am September 26, 2015 Permalink

And actually, we prefer Manteo and Wanchese.

3. rushman
    6:49 am September 26, 2015 Permalink

Cal, I have always supprted legal immigation. All of my family legally immigrated to the USA. If you are referring to legal immigration we are in agreement.

• Megan
      8:40 am September 26, 2015 Permalink

Don’t be so sensitive. Cal isn’t defending illegal immigration. Like the Pope, he’s addressing the issue of xenophobia, which is, surprisingly, something of a problem in this melting pot of a country. Some of us, too many of us, don’t like people who are different. The Pope’s message was to show generosity by welcoming immigrants: ““We need to avoid a common temptation nowadays: to discard whatever proves troublesome. Let us remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

That’s hardly a partisan political position.

4. Megan
    8:53 am September 26, 2015 Permalink

Coach Cal was definitely taken aback? By what?

I do not think that word means what you think it means, Nick.