Clay and Davis Halls torn down at Transy

IMG_3720

This one is for our Transy alums. You’re looking at the former site of Clay and Davis Halls, two iconic men’s dormitories on Transylvania’s campus. Clay Hall housed freshmen and Davis Hall upperclassmen, so odds are if you’re a guy that attended Transy, there’s a very good chance you lived in one or both.

The dorms were torn down to make way for two new $7 million residence halls that will hold 150 student each. The new dorms have yet to be named but are scheduled to open in Fall 2016.

Pour one out for Clay and Davis tonight.

14 Comments for Clay and Davis Halls torn down at Transy

1. James Hancock
    4:16 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Did I stumble onto a Transylvania University website? No wait, it is confirmed this is KENTUCKY sports radio. I could care less if Transy students are sleeping in tents, let alone Clay/Davis Dormitory. Its a slippery slope Tyler… next thing you know we will be talking about Cannon Hall 410 miles away from Lexington.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      4:20 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Trust me, if they ever take down Belk, I’m dedicating a whole night post to it.

• DanMan
      4:48 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Did a stumble upon a D-Bags comment yup I did it’s confirmed if you don’t want to see it don’t click on it

• KSR_Fan
      6:26 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Don’t get all wadded up cause the man reported some news going on in Lexington. There’s real issues in this world that you can get mad about besides someone reporting on a dorm being tore down.

• James Hancock
      7:28 am June 12, 2015 Permalink

I guess sarcasm-ism and ball busting is not allowed on Kentucky Sports radio. Although we all know that last sentence is more sarcasmism. At least I did not resort to 3rd grade name calling, good call Dan.

• Dude
      11:37 am June 12, 2015 Permalink

You REALLY sold the “sarcasm” hard in your original post.

You dug your hole, now lay in it.

2. CatsBy80
    4:55 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

James… slow your roll, partner. I’m a Transy alumnus who bleeds UK blue thru and thru. I spent many nights in those dorms watching the cats struggle thru the Gillespie years and flourish under the first couple years with Cal. Great memories in those dorms. Sad to see them go, but this move was long overdue.

3. macon_volfan
    5:07 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

As a Transy alum, this makes me sad and happy. Memories last, but the ‘youth of today’ don’t want communal showers and old school dorms. They want to live in sweet suites. Transy had to keep up with the trends.

Also, Clay is still standing in this picture, so all isn’t lost yet.

4. Where's Wallace?
    7:45 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Waaaaitaminute. Clay….and Davis? Clay Davis? No other “The Wire” fans here??

5. Fake Clay Davis
    7:54 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Sheeeeeeeeeit

6. Uncle B.S.
    7:58 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

I watched the ’78 championship on the TV in lobby of Clay-Davis. Lots of other things happened there best left unsaid. Bottom line it was a rathole 35 years ago. Needed to come down.

7. VandyCat
    8:21 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

Agree Uncle B.S. – I camped there for Transy’s bball camp for a couple of years about 37-38 years ago, and the rooms and bathrooms were complete shiteholes then. I’ve been wondering for three decades why they haven’t been torn down and replaced. Glad you’re finally saying goodbye to the 20th century, Transy!

8. Answers
    9:00 pm June 11, 2015 Permalink

FYI – Transy is in Lexington. It is the place on Broadway where you stop your car so that ugly girls can walk across the street.

• Anonymous
      8:56 am June 12, 2015 Permalink

This is the best and most truthful comment this website has ever had