CJ Conrad stops by KSR today (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, Kentucky Sports Radio listeners. On today’s show, Matt and Ryan will interview new UK football commit CJ Conrad, a four-star tight end out of Ohio, and then they’ll ring the bell to kick off the UK basketball Battle Royale. Plus, rumors of Kentucky’s two basketball exhibition games and a recap of all the excitement over the weekend.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

142 Comments for CJ Conrad stops by KSR today (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Did anybody watch Mad Men last night? That was really weird. Is that a thing? Did people do that in the 70s? I liked Matt’s ranking of most clutch UK shots. I initally wanted to say there’s no way one player can have 3 of the 10 most clutch shots over 110+ years of basketball, but after thinking about it, I think he does!

2. realme
    10:03 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Nothing like dragging my grumpy butt into work on Monday and getting to turn on KSR to make me feel better.

• Delk for 3
      10:19 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

It really does help. How did we get by before?

3. crickets
    10:10 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Where is everybody?

4. ukcatdady
    10:11 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, you still think UK gets Malik Newman? I want him bad and the thought of maybe having him for 2 years sounds even better

5. Highland Liver
    10:12 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

You are forgetting about The Left Field Lounge, Kerns Corner, and Bambi Bar. They are all past Douglas Loop. The Bambi Walk starts at Bambi then goes all the way down and hits all the bars on Bardstown Rd.

6. Wasper
    10:12 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

George Baker would have taken Saul Smith to school back in the day.

7. Wasper
    10:13 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Gerogetown played UK in Dec. 2005

8. Whatever
    10:13 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt thinks Lexington needs a place like Bardstown Road but he’s so clueless as to the newer developments on the northside of Lexington. Maybe if he spent less time eating in chain-quality restaurants like Malones and actual chains like Rafferty’s just because it’s UK-centric, he’d realize how much Lexington has to offer.

• CM_Kingston
      12:13 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Not a great comparison — Lexington NS is much more like the Summit than Bardstown Road. When major events hit (the Derby, Thunder-over-Lville, etc.), there is really no place comparable in Lexington. I say that as someone who grew up in Versailles.

As for restaurant selection, I can say with some authority that Lexington is currently where Louisville was 20ish years ago on the food scene. Not bad, but definitely not comparable.

• Whatever
      3:05 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

It’s already been stated that Louisville and Lexington aren’t really comparable on a basic level since they’re too different.

But since it’s 20 years behind the greatest city on earth, that’s exactly why Louisville writers are writing things like this: http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/dining/heads-up-lexington-ky-is-fast-becoming-a-terrific-restaurant-town/

• CM_Kingston
      7:03 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

His piece pretty much proves my point. 20 years ago Louisville had an excellent, growing restaurant scene. Now it consistently ranks among the top food cities nationally and even makes some international lists:http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2012/02/02/louisville-named-one-of-worlds-best.html

• Whatever
      8:29 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Definitely explains the number of fatties I see there, then!

• cristoforoUK
      11:19 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I’d like to know what parts of North Lexington are like the Summit in Louisville. That statement right there shows me your lack of knowledge of the city of Lexington. Hamburg is more like the Summit. Nothing in North Lexington.

9. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:15 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

If UK is going to have 12 Studs next year, they better cash in and have a wall calendar of each of the players doing their best Tony Vanetti shirtless poses.

10. Supposed to be Working
    10:17 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, how was Shannon’s wrestling PPV on Saturday? Did someone get thrown through his table?

11. JPL
    10:18 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

It happened during the American Music Awards almost 4 years ago. An American Idol Alum kissed his keyboard player.

12. Boogie Fan
    10:18 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, when you do your show at Dickman’s in NKY, you should try to get Katherine Webb on the show.

13. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:19 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

AJ McCarron looks like an eleven year and thinks like an eleven year old. A boo boo on his knee is not an injury.

14. Wesley Ctouch
    10:21 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Does the election race between Beatty and Gray take an effect on the Rupp project? Beatty does not sound like a supporter of it which is crazy!

15. Blue To The Bone...
    10:21 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt…Has Chris never heard of Jos.A. Banks Buy One Get Three Free sales???

16. Thinairfan
    10:24 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

1. New Rupp renovations will put the Upper arena first row–where upper arena row 10 is now. how many fans are aware of that yheir upper arena seat will be 10 rows higher
    2. Most fans dont understand that the $300 dollars will go to Lexington to finance Rupp Arena and does not go to UK. I will give $300 to UK long before I give $300 to lexington.

17. BackdoorSlider
    10:25 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey Bro

18. Patrick
    10:25 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Keep Calm, the Cheesecake Factory is coming!

19. fake Professor
    10:26 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Maybe the next WNBA draft they will show two chicks kissing and smearing cake on each other and kissing.

20. ukscotty
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey Matt and Ryan,
    Dont knock the North Side of Lexington….a real miracle mile or so….they have Diva’s, Cowboy’s, Deja Vu, and the last Taco Tico I know of….what else could you want?

• Whatever
      3:07 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Ignorance is bliss!

21. Stephen
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, please go into the fact that the Governor signed emergency funding for $600,000 to assist UofL in defending the Yum Center funding fiasco. I have read that the SEC and the IRS are poking around and the shit is about to hit the fan! Can we just send the legal bill to Tommy T?

22. AGrant19
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Talking about the UK LB’s signing free agent contracts, can we get some love to University of the Cumberland’s RB Terrance Cobb for signing a free agent contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. First player in our schools history to sign a NFL deal, pretty awsome for our little NAIA school!

23. Bluegrass
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I live in Virginia – this morning on my way to work, a Yukon came out of nowhere and cut me off. I was mad. Then I noticed a Tennessee sticker in the back window and then I was furious! I HATE Tennessee!

24. Nashville Matt
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

2014 Grammys performance of “Same Love” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

25. Wasper
    10:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I agree on the Tennessee hate! A lot of the TV/radio in southeastern KY comes out of Knoxville, so all you ever hear on the radio is “49 more days until football time in Tennessee!” followed by Rocky Top over and over and over. And don’t even get me started on the ‘fans’ that would be Tennessee football fans and Kentucky basketball fans, they make me sick.

26. Edd
    10:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Jorts has seen many, many benefits from playing under Cal.

27. bleedblueky
    10:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Morning Matt – I am here (as always since day one) and hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day with your mom (saw her at your live show on Valentine’s Day in Lexington and figured out right away why you were so well raised 🙂

28. cristoforoUK
    10:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

You obviously haven’t been to Jefferson Street. It’s not Bardstown Road but it has definitely been developed. West 6th Brewery, Nick Ryan’s Saloon, Grey Goose, Stella’s, Chase Tap Room, County Club, Smithtown Seafood, Blue Heron. All within a couple of blocks.

Comparing Lexington to Louisville is dumb. Different demographic. Different city size. But Lexington has come a long long ways in the past 5-6 years. Becoming a great city to eat in and has a lot more local culture around downtown.

• CM_Kingston
      12:17 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

I posted this above, but people in Lexington seem to forget that while Lexington is growing, Louisville continues to grow and develop at a similar rate. Jefferson Street is comparable to Bardstown Road decades ago.

• cristoforoUK
      11:11 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

And you seemed to not read my second point, that comparing Louisville to Lexington is dumb, and let me add useless. Different city size. Different population size. Different demographic. Of course they will be different. I was never making the comparison. I was only countering Ryan’s idea that there is nothing similar to Bardstown Road in Lexington. It’s nowhere near on the same scale (and will NEVER be on the same scale), but it is of similar concept.

I still like Frankfort Avenue over Bardstown Road though. Just my personal preference.

29. BackdoorSlider
    10:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Ryan calling out someone for over achieving is the biggest pot calling the kettle black of all time!!!!

30. realme
    10:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Ryan, it is really disappointing to hear the phrase you just used to refer to women.

• Bluegrass
      10:32 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Women are devices created by lord Jesus Christ for our pleasure.

• Bluegrass
      10:36 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

^^ Hey the troll is back – woohoo!

• Bluegrass
      10:41 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I figured I would give you a day to ease your mind. Now I am back to take the fun away.

• Bluegrass
      10:42 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Haha joke’s on you then because I love the attention and the extra twitter followers that I get because of you!

• Bluegrass
      10:45 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for giving me a heads up about the twitter. I’ve got work to do. See ya.

• Bluegrass
      10:46 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

What is your twitter handle? I would like to follow you with my personal twitter.

• Bluegrass
      10:51 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

what’s your twitter?

• I hate trolls
      10:55 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey Real Bluegrass, what is your twitter. I am interested now. Screw the troll.

• Bluegrass
      11:08 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

haha don’t hate yourself

31. confused Listener
    10:30 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Can you explain the $80 million bonds from the state further. Is it $80 million the state is just giving Rupp for the project without Rupp having to pay back, since they say the state will generate it back through increase tax revenue from the project? or is it just $80 million in state backed bonds, in the case Rupp cant pay back their bonds the state is responsible for $80 million of it? Or is the state lending Rupp $80 million that Rupp will have to pay back?

32. Blue To The Bone...
    10:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt…Reports are that there was a “reason” Josh and the young lady are getting married…

• Delk for 3
      10:40 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Does it matter?

33. Rob in Florida
    10:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

Tennessee was the number one team to hate in BBN during the late 60s and into the early 80s—mainly because UK and Louisville wouldn’t play each other (until they were forced to in 1983 in the tournament).
    Also during that period the UK-Duke rivalry hadn’t yet developed.

34. Supposed to be Working
    10:32 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Ryan wondering how Jorts gets these girls… We should really be asking how he got Amanda!

35. Mr. Handsome
    10:32 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

First Take is experiencing “Technical Difficulties” after Stephen A Smith said that Michael Sam would have picked earlier if he did not announce that he was gay.

36. The Real Linda Taylor
    10:33 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Any chance we could do a topless men of KSR calendar?

37. Whatever
    10:34 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I definitely agree with cristoforoUK. I’d add Minton’s, Fleet Street Hair, Charmed Life Tattoo, North Lime Coffee and Donuts, Arcadium, Al’s, Sidebar, Limestone Blue. He’s just going to continue to eat at Rafferty’s cause Oscar Combs says it’s good. I love UK and bleed blue but he is really clueless as to new things in Lexington.

38. Delk for 3
    10:34 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Looking forward to The Preakness this weekend. I’m not sure California Chrome will win, though.

39. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:36 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

It sounds like Ryan isn’t giving enough credit to being a UK player when it comes to women. There is a reason Brian Long agrees to be a walk-on at UK versus being Jersey Shore’s top DJ.

40. James Young
    10:36 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

If we can’t fund the Rupp renovation how are we going to facilitate several miles of small business infusion?

41. Daniel S.
    10:36 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt and Ryan. I got a question and want an answer. what should i do since i got a cousin who is an U of L fan and an Uncle/Aunt/and more cousins who are IU? plus another cousin who is an UK fan who is engaged to a Gator fan?

42. 4 Pointers
    10:37 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I love Lexington, but Bardstown Rd. is 1000 levels above anything (maybe everything COMBINED) in Lexington. I hate on UofL all day, but the CITY of Louisville has some pretty great things going on. Lexington has a long way to go before you could even start to compare to anything on that one road in Louisville.

• cristoforoUK
      10:41 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Bardstown Road is great for the demographic that enjoys that type of thing. It isn’t for everyone, and I would argue it’s not for a lot of the typical Lexington demographic. Bardstown Road is nice, especially its diversity, but I”m not a big fan of the night life there. When I go back into Louisville, I don’t even hit up Bardstown Road often. I’m usually going to St. Matthews or Frankfort Avenue. I will agree Louisville is a very good city. Just wish downtown was a bit better. Lexington has a great downtown.

43. cristoforoUK
    10:37 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Sheesh. Someone missed the point. I think I even said it is no Bardstown Road. I grew up in Louisville. I know what Bardstown Road is all about. Never implied the attitude either. My point was directed a lot more to Ryan who said the only thing on the north side is West 6th. For someone who lives in Lexington he should get out more.

44. Boone
    10:38 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Who likes rehab less? Cal or Gillispie

45. Lesbehonest
    10:38 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Lexington>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> loserville

• San Diego Cat Fan
      10:40 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

That is like arguing who has the nicer dirt pile.

46. realme
    10:38 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

If she really sells that stuff, he should sue her.

47. Big Blue Man
    10:40 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Gonna be hard to sell his season football tickets since they aren’t mailed to the owner until August.

48. Howie Lindsey
    10:40 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Don’t you dare talk about the emergency funding for UofL to hire lawyers. I’ll clear this up right now. These lawyers are being hired to help Russ Smith find his jersey, it has nothing to do with Yum Center woes….I mean awesomeness.

Notice they didn’t hire Matt Jones, failed lawyer.

49. Delk for 3
    10:41 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Let’s discuss this YUM Center situation w/ UofL and the SEC and IRS. What does it entail?

• Howie Lindsey
      10:46 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I just told you, there is nothing to see here. The lawyers are being brought on to find Russ’s jersey. There is nothing to discuss. For a UK show, all you guys ever want to do is talk about UofL. Maybe this should be UofL Sports Radio, Louisville Sports Radio, or L1C4 Sports Radio. Sounds a lot better anyway.

50. Edd
    10:41 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

That Craig’s List ad reeks of a fake. Quite the coincidence that a co-worker wound up buying all the stuff. Still funny though.

51. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:42 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Let’s hope that dude still has a land-line and a gameboy after losing all those phones and gaming systems.

52. bleedblueky
    10:42 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt – Since you are mentioning Shari’s berry, I do have some complaints to make! I suggested to my boys to order a dozen when they were inquiring what I wanted for Mother’s Day. They did (but our KSR promo code didn’t work) and this pretty insulated box delivered by FedExpress last Friday. When I opened it, four white chocolates were in good shape, however, the other eight dark chocolates were half melted & much smaller than all the four whites size wise. Very disappointed 🙁

• realme
      10:50 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Your sons should complain to the company. They probably paid a ton of s&h to insure that wouldn’t happen.

• bleedblueky
      10:52 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

The dildo they bought me worked great though!

• bleedblueky
      11:04 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Thanks realme and actually I did have sent an email to them last night but not sure they would respond!

Not sure why the second responder has the same name as mine (I have been using bleedblueky since KSR started). Just wondering could KSR do something to avoid this duplication happening 🙁

• bleedblueky
      11:10 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Seriously, I am sick of the trolls. The dildo was great however.

• It is
      11:12 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Just some adolescent(s) cracking him(them)self(ves) up, thinking they are clever and funny. Ignore the idiot(s).

53. Delk for 3
    10:43 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

There was no charging call that was worse than the Poythress spin move.

• Uh...
      10:59 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Do you mean Randle’s spin move?

• Delk for 3
      11:22 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Uh, no. Do you not remember the terrible phantom charging call on Poythress late in the national championship game when he made a nice spin move?

54. Blue To The Bone...
    10:43 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

NO way that girl has his 2014 Football season tickets because they won’t be sent for several more months…unless he has connections

55. BackdoorSlider
    10:45 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Who keeps all that stuff at his girlfriends place????

56. Real talk
    10:49 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

So is semi charmed life by third eye blind. Song was in every happy trailer in the 90’s but the song is about scoring meth and picking up sloots

57. Why is it so strange that Kyle graduated? PPat graduated in 3 years and Poythress is about to do the same. What is unusual I guess is that he will play varsity for 2 years while in grad school. I don’t think that happens very often.

58. Jax Teller
    10:49 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Speaking of basketball players with hot girlfriends, has anyone seen Wiltjer’s new girl? Wow. Gonzaga has been good to him.

59. JP
    10:49 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Wiltjer will play one year at Gonzaga, then transfer back to UK under rule that permits grads to transfer to college to pursue grad degree and use last yr of eligibility right away… ; )

60. BackdoorSlider
    10:50 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Anyone know of a decent strip club in Lexington? The one I got to has started to become nasty.

61. Chad
    10:55 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

What is wrong with Monique Beisner? Just saw TJ’s facebook post. I hope all is well with the Beisner’s.

62. Patrick
    10:56 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, do you think if Tubby got Hansbrough and Wright would he still be UK’s coach today or lasted longer?

63. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:57 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Anybody in that Scuba Class next year better not challenge Kyle “the Orca” Witjer to a race because he is a killer in the water.

64. Patrick
    10:58 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Instead of a framed UK picture, give Todd a framed picture of a topples Ryan Lemond.

65. Chad
    11:02 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt, how about we take some time this summer to do an important top 5 list. Top 5 hottest women in Lexington (preferably single).

66. Handsome Jimmy
    11:02 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey let me tell ya something baby. The Yum Center is on solid finanical ground. I mean are you kidding me? Hey, hey, hey, let me tell ya something, that school down the road is just on a witch hunt. It’s just like Bengazhi baby, there ain’t nothing to see here. Move along baby.

67. Yuck center
    11:04 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt you need to go into detail about me. Also with elections coming up we need to know who approved the lawyer funds to ul ” most profitable” athletics. Let’s get the juice in this. I think hammers are about to slam.

68. JPL
    11:05 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Here’s the Adam Lambert Kiss Story.

• JPL
      11:05 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

And it happened in 2011

69. the_ghost_of_ronnie_lyons
    11:06 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Have Y’all lost sight that Louisville is twice as big as Lexington? OF COURSE theres more to do there. Louisville is a great place to visit, but I couldn’t live there, I would still prefer Lexington. Lower crime rates, lower cost of living, and much friendlier folks…. plus we have Keeneland, which beats Churchill in every way,save 2 dates every year. I’ve lived in Boston, Baltimore, Savannah, SW Texas, & Germany…… Lexington is TOPS to me.

• cristoforoUK
      11:23 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Exactly. A straight comparison makes no sense. It has to be on the same scale. For what Lexington is, and the size of Lexington, Chevy Chase, Jefferson Street, downtown, and UK campus area make it a great city to get out and about in. I think Bardstown Road is overrated, but I love Frankfort Avenue and some of St. Matthews, however I really enjoy the new culture developed in Lexington recently. I’ll freely admit Lexington was only a college city in the early 2000s and if it was still that way I may have moved away years ago. It’s now a great city for any age.

• Delk for 3
      11:29 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Night racing at Churchill Downs beats Keeneland.

• cristoforoUK
      11:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

False. Night racing is cool, but it doesn’t replace the race track, or the location of the race track. For all the hype Derby creates, Churchill Downs is kind of disappointing.

70. Middle Aged Jeezy
    11:07 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Thank God we didn’t get Psycho T, I would’ve had to quit watching UK basketball for 4 years. I find it rather fitting actually that the bball player I hate most in this world ended up playing for the bball team I hate most in this world. UNC Sucks!!

71. Chaz
    11:07 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Just heard on the radio that Marlow Tackett passed away last Saturday. If you’re from Eastern Kentucky you know that was. I never went to his night club, but he traded at my store when I was in Pikeville – he was a decent man. RIP.

72. Mork
    11:10 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Does anyone know when the new ksr app is coming?

73. Dandy Don
    11:14 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Marshall Henderson called Michael Sam’s kiss “sickening”. Let the twitter madness begin

74. bleedblueky

巛从ミ彡ミ彡从巛彡ミ彡ミ彡》》
     巛巛ミ人ミ彡巛彡从ミ巛ミ人ミ》》》》
    巛彡巛彡从ミ》彡彡巛ミ人ミ彡ミ从》》

75. JD
    11:15 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

With all of Aaron’s shots in March do you think we can now put the nail in the coffin of seeing Laetner’s shot over Kentucky, or will “the shot” continue to be thrown in our face? Thanks, ill hang up and listen.

76. bleedblueky

█           ▄█▄          █
    ▀█         █▀ ▀█        █▀
     ▀█▄      █▀   ▀█     ▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄█▀

77. Handsome Jimmy
    11:19 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey baby. Another segment with no arena talk. Hey, let me tell you something. If there was anything to this story baby, Matt Jones would be talkin about it baby.

78. Kycatspaws
    11:20 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Adolph Rupp began his career in coaching by accepting a teaching job at Burr Oak High School, Kansas. After a one year stay, Rupp moved on to Marshalltown, Iowa, where he coached wrestling, a sport he knew nothing about at the time and learned from a book. He did lead the Marshalltown team to a state wrestling title in 1926. Source (Wikipedia)

• J
      12:12 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Kycatspaws: At one of those schools he had a couple of black kids on his team. Rupp was told he could not have blacks on the team. So much for a so called racist coach.

79. EddieinLiberty
    11:20 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

What about Cousins put back in sec championship, I know it’s technically not a “shot” but it’s post season and it was big! Ksr is the best

80. Handsome Jimmy
    11:21 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Let me tell you something baby, I see Howie Lindsey is on this thread. Howie is my dog, dog. Howie, let’s meet up for dinner and a little shimy sham later baby. See if Tom wants in baby.

81. James Young
    11:21 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

If not over shadowed by Aaron’s big shots, James Young’s shot against Witchita would be considered a HUGE shot!

82. Real talk
    11:25 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

FYI there’s a purge sequel coming. Trailer looks way better than the first one.

83. JD
    11:25 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Can you have Shannon introduce a caller the way he calls a wrestler to the ring? Funniest thing I have heard in a while.

84. Frida Kahlo
    11:27 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

ME!

85. Mike
    11:27 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Frida Kahlo, Matt.

86. JVice
    11:27 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Art Chick – Frida Kahlo

• JVice
      11:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Portrayed on the big screen by a unibrowed salma hayek

87. Delk for 3
    11:27 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Drew Franklin has some famous eye brows. Some of the thickest forehead bushes you’ll ever see.

88. Evan
    11:28 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Frida Kahlo

89. Jeff Garlin
    11:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Jason, cool story bro.

90. Edd
    11:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like Sherry’s Berries and Body Shapes Medical have more in common than we thought.

• Delk for 3
      11:33 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Testosterone injections, chocolate, and strawberries are all a married couple need to stay close.

91. Ryan
    11:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Hey does anyone know how to make dick pictures out of semicolons and backslashes that I could post in the show thread?

It would be so cool and everyone would think I was so funny!

92. Handsome Jimmy
    11:31 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Yeah baby. Another segment with no arena talk baby. Let me tell ya something, Matt Jones would be all over an arena story. Let me tell ya something baby, this means there is nothing to talk about. No story baby.

93. reedhot
    11:36 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

It’s a sad day for me cause now I know Chester is a phony.That Jason guy is the same guy that does Chester.

94. Sam the Pam
    11:38 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Am I the only one who is shocked at how well-spoken almost every HS senior football and basketball recruit is? I feel like all the kids that age that I knew were a bunch of morons.

95. Joe Diesel
    11:38 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Sorry if already suggested, but instead of UK Battle Royale, how about a UK “Hunger Games.” This way even the Brian Longs of UK can have a chance to at least outwit the brawn of some of the tougher players

96. C'mon
    11:39 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt why didn’t you ask him what players he was looking to go after. Maybe uncover some names that haven’t hit our radar yet also see if he’s close to D Harris.

97. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:41 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

People need to consider Winchester Rd. – it’s at least three miles long, has a nice selection of Adult book stores, A Bong Shop, and you are guaranteed to get stabbed at Paradise City.

98. C'mon
    11:43 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

We keep listening to all these callers diggin snooze stories and NOTHING about yum fiasco must be nothing since you are making ZERO effort to talk about it.

99. Jim 1
    11:43 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Matt: Coach Rupp coached wrestling in either high school or college, don’t remember which, before he came to UK. He had a couple of black kids on his team and was told he could not play blacks.

Thus he came to UK and is now labeled a racist by the racist. Surprised you didn’t know that. Check it out for a good story.

100. Handsome Jimmy
    11:45 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

No arena talk baby. Just one more segement to go. Let me tell you something baby. Nothing to see here. Move along baby.

101. Rick Pitino's STD
    11:46 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

Don’ t you dare talk about the Yum Center or Tommy will have something to say.

102. Kidnut
    11:48 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

I saw Scott Weiland fall off the stage while walking and singing into a megaphone a couple years ago performing with Stone Temple Pilots at Riverbend PNC Pavilion in Ohio.

103. Rick Pitino's STD
    11:49 am May 12, 2014 Permalink

You’ve done it now Matt Jones. Tom is mad.