Chris wants you to feel poor

A guy named Chris called in to today’s radio show to discuss the UK assistants’ new contracts and how we’re overreacting to their six-figure salaries. “It’s not a ton of money,” he told KSR.

Chris said it’s not that great of money when you’re on the road all the time. “You know, you get out on the road, somebody spills something on your suit and you’re out a thousand bucks for a new suit.”

You all know what he means, right? Happens to all of us. I hate when someone spills something on my thousand dollar suit.

Listen to the whole show below. It was a goodin’.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Chris wants you to feel poor

1. UpperSectionStudent
    6:32 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

I’ll be happy making 6 figures in my 30s. 375k a year seems pretty damn good to me.

2. Chris's friend... Oh wait he doesn't have any
    7:01 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

Chris is a major douchebag. That is all.

3. Wise guy
    7:07 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

THAT explains why Bob Huggins always wears that warmup gear! He surrounds himself with a bunch of messy people!

4. Blue To The Bone...
    7:15 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

I heard Chris and thought it was funny…anyone who doesn’t think 350K with an expense account is crazy…I can almost guarantee you that these coaches don’t pay for many , if any , of there clothes either

5. hal
    8:01 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

oh, like the guy in the three thousand dollar pants is gonna let you spill a drink on him. c’mon…..

6. GordonM
    8:16 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

Like to see the list of THE TOP 10 things you couldn’t do if you ONLY made 350k a year.

If you have to wear 1k suits because of employment there is a tax break for that. (Be prepare to prove it in the audit)

7. LeeHoFook
    8:28 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

exactly what is a $1000 suit ? never had one.

8. jack
    9:06 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

Chris is a troll. In reality, most people have zero idea what gross vs. net means…and they have zero concept of tax brackets and Uncle Sam getting 40% followed by the state, city, county, etc. getting their piece of the pie. We love to get all excited about gross pay without any notion that you legally get robbed of half of it before you get to reap the reward you’ve created/earned, etc. Anybody that makes $100k+ is rich…yeah, I got to keep roughly $50k…then pay my mortgage, car, insurance, daycare, bills, and save a tiny nugget for retirement. Far from wealthy. So tired of the parasites and politicians asking for more from me to cover somebody else’s handout.

9. Bob Day
    9:22 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

I would like to know why the benign post I make earlier here was stripped out of these comments? I’ve never made a single troll post on this site, yet it seems these days everything I post gets trashed. I would like to know why. You have my email address, so can I get a response besides just having another post deleted?

10. jq
    9:33 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

Chris must be Matt Jones brother arrogant and stupid!!!!

11. jeff j
    10:24 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

aww poor chris. lets start a donation. i’ve got a dime to give .