Charlie Strong at the center of Louisville’s latest sex scandal

Sex Scandal University has struck again and this time the juicy story involves Charlie Strong, the former head coach of the Cardinals’ football team.

Strong is alleged to have slept with the wife of Jonathan Blue, a UofL Board of Trustees member and very successful Louisville businessman.

A motion has been filed to subpoena Strong in Blue’s divorce case, seeking evidence (cell phone records, travel schedules, gifts, etc.) from Strong regarding his relationship with Blue’s wife, Tracy. The motion also seeks for Strong to testify in court.

Louisville’s downward spiral continues.

[InsiderLouisville.com]

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Charlie Strong at the center of Louisville’s latest sex scandal

1. InigoMontoya
    8:33 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

The hits just keep on coming.

• catdaddyd
      11:25 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Did she have an abortion?

2. Big Kat
    8:43 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Strong.

3. EdC
    8:53 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Movie Soundtrack: 1st song … Tangled up in Blue followed by Blue Moon.

4. Howdy Doody
    8:57 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Is this a UK Sports page…or the National Enquirer…you guys all need to get laid..

• rainman
      9:58 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Apparently you HAVE to be a TARDINAL fan, or employee to get laid!

• Chip Chipperson
      1:22 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Excuse me kind sir, I work for UOfL and happen to get laid all the time, albeit not always legally. We always have a vacuum and a plastic tarp on hand . hint hint nudge nudge

5. ukkatzfan
    9:02 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

This is not even close to being part of UofL’s downward spiral.

• CATandMONKEY
      9:10 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Had it all come out while Strong had been HCCS at d’Ville it most certainly would be.

• ukkatzfan
      9:35 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

It never would be in my book. If anyone thinks this could ever possibly be called a Louisville Sex Scandal, then they have a holier than thou attitude. Do you understand what I am now saying REVERENDCATandMONKEY?

• CATandMONKEY
      9:54 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

You are projecting your morals on the wrong person, katz. I couldn’t give a sweet f$ck with whom anyone has sex. I never called it a ‘Sex Scandal’.
      Reading comprehension, re: your words “downward spiral”. I personally wouldn’t have cared who Strong or Tracy are or were Schtupping. It most certainly would have been – in the media – a NATIONAL story if it had been reported that the head football coach of a University was sleeping with the wife of a member of that university’s board of trustees. I don’t make the rules, man. Just commenting that had it come out while Strong were still head coach it WOULD have been a BIG deal.
      I am a live and let live kind of person. I was commenting that (unfortunately) most of this area is NOT – and the media would have run with this for months. Comprende?
      Your anger towards me is misplaced. 20 years ago I would have paid for you to have many a table dance. Lovingly signed, The Reverend

• ukkatzfan
      10:34 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

my words—> downward spiral. Not quite. Read the article. Sex Scandal U is part of article also. If a coach having an affair is worth printing about, I am sure a coach on our campus and dang near every campus in the USA is screwing around. This is not a NCAA problem or a problem with any other group. That is why I am saying it is not a problem. Hey, Tracy looks good…I can’t blame Charlie one bit.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:50 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

It isn’t that he was having an affair that causes issues with the public but with whom he was having that affair; the wife of his boss’s boss. Does it trouble me personally? Not at all. Ms. Blue certainly has worked very hard to remain youthful in her appearance.

I don’t think blaming the messengers (Insider Louisville and KSR) diminishes the fact that this would have been (and may yet be) picked up by every news outlet in the USA had this come out while he was still UofL coach. Media thrives on this stuff, regardless of whether or not it is truly worthwhile. At this point it is really only the business of The Blues and the Strongs.

KY is a no-fault divorce state so it generally should be fairly irrelevant to proceedings as to whom was screwing who.I am certain we have legal experts here who can expand on that and set me straight, as needed.

• rainman
      11:00 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

You WERE the one who quoted, “Downward Spiral” in your original post!
      And YES, I believe it’s wholely relevant!
      There are things on this site that we all can take shots at from time to time.
      But if you think this isn’t relevant to the news of the times, you are wrong!
      It’s FUNNY, at the very least!

• J-Dub421
      12:06 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

It could be legally relevant if there is a pre -nup, may also be relevant to how much alimony is awarded.

It’s also relevant when taken in context with the rest of U of L’s sex scandals. Apparently no one in that University is capable of keeping it in their pants.

• Chip Chipperson
      1:27 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

I’m pretty sure this is just UofL standard operating procedure. It’s not a downward spiral its just they dont care about any of this , they are just beating on the cookie jar because there hand is caught it in for everyone to see. They are scum please defend Pitino petrino and any of the higher ups of their ilk ready set go!

• ukkatzfan
      1:34 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

This type of affair goes on every where. I am not going to throw anyone under a bus for this. I will put Strong up against any coach. This is a 30 second mention on ESPN at the most. Shoot, she don’t even have anything to do with UofL. She just married for money and needed some attention. If anyone sees ESPN report on this please let me know……that is aside from the 30 second mention. My bets are on it not happening

• rainman
      1:42 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

“This goes on everywhere” response is starting to be standard reply for LOSERVILLE folk!

• ukkatzfan
      1:44 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Hey rainman. Thanks for the support. I was just quoting them. Catmonkey was laying that blame for me. I really don’t think UofL can downward spiral without drilling. #ShutThatPlaceDown

• CATandMONKEY
      7:40 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

When did I lay any blame on you? I was reponding to your incorrect assumption of my puritanism. Reading is hard.

• CATandMONKEY
      7:45 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Thanks jdub…I wasn’t considering a prenup…not a big fan…but when I was first married I didn’t have much to protect. Nowadays it would be wise to consider, even if still distasteful to how I was raised.
      Appreciate th considered thoughts. I don’t disagree with th Louisville angle. Others here have some difficulty with comprehension.

6. Duuuuuude
    9:14 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Can anybody there keep their pants on?

7. mobile2
    9:23 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

More often than not it is Franklin that is authoring the most banal & salacious tripe. Makes me wonder if he’s even capable of writing something original and interesting. He’s becoming one of the more laughable of Matt’s remoras.

• Nerds
      9:35 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Does it surprise you? You’re talking about a “grown man” who likes to post pictures of himself flipping off uniforms and other pieces of sports memorabilia.

• rainman
      10:01 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Well, YOU were WRONG, weren’t you?
      If I were you, I wouldn’t come here anymore!

• Rixter
      12:24 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

“I thought this site was about UK sports info brought to us in the most ridiculous manner…not wallowing in the mire of someone else’s degradation. ”

I’m glad we’ve now corrected your thinking.

Stuff like this is PURE GOLD!

8. Long Dong Silver
    9:23 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

It’s a good thing Mary Jo’s ex didn’t do this to Joker, huh?

9. Bill the Cat
    9:30 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

I just stumbled across this gem surfing craigslist. Not related to this story but found the location of the business too funny to pass up posting.

10. cayts23
    9:51 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Good lord he couldn’t even stick to the core values.

11. Lahinch02
    9:52 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Oh, the irony … the first two of Coach Strong’s Core Values preached to his players:
    Honesty
    No hurting women
    Source: KSR, August 3, 2013 Matt Wheatley

Amazing that a woman with access to multi-millions, would feel need to gift luxury items to a man earning millions.

• Rixter
      12:29 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

In all fairness – Strong never came out and said “I’m not diddling Johnathon Blue’s wife”, so he didn’t really lie.
      Secondly, seeing how she was giving him expensive watches and other gifts, I doubt he was hurting her. Quite the contrary.

• rainman
      12:48 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

HONESTY?

• Lahinch02
      3:46 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Being a participant in destroying a marriage qualifies as “hurting” by any definition. I’d submit this “hurt” his wife and daughters. Infidelity is a choice that harms many family members.

12. rainman
    9:57 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

So what your saying is, the foundation is set for the rehiring of Charlie?

13. catfanmike
    9:58 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

The Louisville Rabbits

14. Red headed Stepchild
    10:05 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

I feel bad for Johnathon Blue. This guy was the one who exposed how bad the YUM center deal with UofLOL was for the tax payers of Kentucky. I believe he is a pretty decent person, just swims in the cesspool that is UofLOL.

KSR has every right to post this story. It is important to know everything about your rivals. If KSR didn’t report on UofLOL the Louisville media would continue to sweep the scandals under the rug. I think KSR is serving the community through their reporting.

For the trolls on this site it is sad that you feel a need to act righteous, posting on this site as a Cat fan and complaining about the content of the site. Try living or working in Louisville with these idiots.

• BUCats
      12:08 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Well said

• mobile2
      1:13 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Jesus y’all…everyone that does not agree with you is not a troll. An opposing viewpoint is not an attack.

All I will say is that the Drew’s of KSR better live EXTREMELY clean lives and obey some moral code every second of their lives or else it’s time to destroy them as they gleefully expose the slime of other people’s failures.

So IF Strong screwed that Blue lady…what is UL supposed to do? Fire him? Dock his pay? Write nasty letters to Texas? Strong is at Texas now, is KSR going to be a tabloid for those coaches lives now?

KSR demeans itself with this kind of trash.

• BigBlueBoom
      1:32 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Lol you seem to be in the minority about ksr demeaning itself. Plus all your comments b*tching about this post just puts money in Matt’s (and Drew’s) pockets, ya moron. All ksr has to do is mentioned UofLol and it’s latest idiotic move and the hits go up. It’s simply good business. Thanks for playing along.

15. HowardRoark
    10:54 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Downward Spiral?

How about getting fired at CBS, watching your political career get drowned by Hurricane Bevin, then interviewing Katrina Powell at an undisclosed West End chicken/waffles joint?

There’s a pic of Blogger Matt Jones in Webster’s under the phrase ‘downward spiral’.

Munson.

• rainman
      11:01 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

HURTS, doesn’t it?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:09 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Howard =Tom; Roark= Jurich. Code broken.
      You sir, are no Howard Roark. Perhaps more Keating or Toohey.

• mobile2
      1:01 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Oh hell…quality Ayn Rand references on KSR…if Matt knew he’d shut this joint down.

• BigBlueBoom
      1:36 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Political career? Oh that’s funny. You really reached there to try and trash Matt, all the while putting money in his pockets. You’re the one on his site, helping make him more successful. Oh, irony. Cards fans just don’t get it.

16. rainman
    11:02 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

Or, should I say HIRTS?

17. binarysolo
    11:03 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

We’re gonna need an actual SEX Network to cover all the stuff going down in Louisville.

18. 2Dogs
    11:39 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

This would be interesting if it wasn’t so uninteresting.

• rainman
      12:50 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

But yet, you feeel the NEED to comment?
      Interesting…..

• 2Dogs
      5:16 pm February 22, 2016 Permalink

Just giving an opinion. But for all those who revel in this kind of info, enjoy the buffet I suppose.

19. Rixter
    12:21 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Oh, let’s be clear, this IS a thing, even though Charlie Schlon.. I mean Strong has moved on. Chuck was laying the pipe while he worked here, but we just now found out about it… not our fault they kept these indiscretions a secret.

20. ClutchCargo
    12:30 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

The comments on the linked article are fairly entertaining.