Charlie Strong ain’t real, according to at least one Louisville player

Charlie Strong was just introduced to the Texas media in a nationally televised press conference on ESPN and at least one of his former players was watching back in Louisville. That player, defensive back Andrew Johnson, had a little something to say on Twitter while his old ball coach, the man who brought him to Louisville, Kentucky from Miami, Florida, let out a loud “Hook ‘Em Horns” in Austin.

johnson-tweet

Real or not, Strong’s wardrobe tribute to Henry Hill is very real, as pointed out by Adam Lefkoe. Look at that Goodfellas collar he is sporting today.

goodfellas

Louisville STILL BALLS, though.

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Charlie Strong ain’t real, according to at least one Louisville player

1. Tom Jurich
    1:15 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

He will be pulling a Billy Donovan any day now…

• Foxtrail
      1:59 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

At 22 and 3 the last 2 years and and only 1 win against a top 10 ranked opponent, I’d say he stole the keys to Ft. Knox (if there is any gold left there, I don’t know)… It’ll be interesting to see how much time the TU alums give the guy…. he will have an opportunity to recruit in a great state for high school football but it’s all about winning and winning against the big boys. Think OU’s stoops braggin ’bout the big 12 after bu and osu cratered… charlie tuna is gonna have to make it happen… and now!!

2. jaws2
    1:19 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Who frickin cares about uofl

3. Rockfield, KY
    1:20 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

I expect that Twitter account to use the words “doe” and “bruh” quite a bit. He’s obviously an intellectual. These kids tweet all day about how they’re “chasin dat paper”, but now they’re mad about their coach realizing his dream and get paid millions to do it?

• Roofus Howls
      1:31 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Probably will be announced that his Twitter was “hacked” very shortly.

4. 9-asty
    1:24 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Seems like UK basketball has taken a backseat to UL and Matt Elam on this website.

• Drew Franklin
      1:27 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

If you want more than 5 of the 7 posts today, I’m afraid I can’t help you.

• Turner the Burner
      2:00 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

That is your complaint? When Elam was the biggest UK recruiting story and the Louisville football coach the other….. not to mention UK basketball hasn’t played since 12/28 and won’t play again until Wednesday…… really?

• Lexington 3
      4:48 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Don’t be a stalker. There are more things to read about than the UK basketball team.

5. Hooter
    1:33 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Soooo, Charlie Strong is fake? I am confused now. I thought he was real, but apparently he isn’t real. He is fake. So may the REAL Charlie Strong please stand up….. Please

• paintsville'sdairyqueen
      2:43 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Thank you!! I’m very confused by this guys tweet. Maybe he just doesn’t want to beleive that Charlie is gone and went out outside to throw football to himself to deal with the pain.

6. hawkeye tim
    1:35 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

9-asty—two things….I like these type of posts…helps me survive my job. Second, great name…9-asty. I would go with “Ninasty” —- Trademark this one and make t-shirts. Also, “Texas Strong”–trademark that one as well….millions I tell you, millions.

7. L1C5
    1:35 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

He misspelled the word “bawl” cuz they still bawlin!

• Rockfield, KY
      1:38 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

+1. you win this thread

8. Frew Dranklin
    1:40 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

He looks as awkward flashing the horns as Petrino did singing Pig Sooie

9. Andrew Johnson (former president not current football player)
    1:41 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

“Louisville still sucks balls”

Andrew Johnson’s inagural address.

10. chad
    1:42 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Hookem horns salute is second in stupidity to throwin’ up the L’s. Both are ridiculous so it is only fitting that he ends up there. That being said who wouldn’t leave Louisville or ,UK football for that matter to coach at the University of Texas(Texas University whatever). Louisville football is not a destination job, Texas is.

• horn hooker
      2:32 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, I agree, both are about as stupid as the 3-goggles.

• chad
      3:00 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

yeah because when people think about Kentucky they throw up 3-goggles. No no wait this just in that is in fact a lie.

11. trey
    1:43 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

why did you blur out the word “flick”?

12. asdf
    1:44 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

So who was the guy pretending to be Charlie Strong? And how did he get by with pulling a coaching Milli Vanilli?

13. MrJohnsonUK
    1:48 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

I really hate sharing the same name as that guy. It makes me sad. And you wouldn’t like me when I’m sad. Or hungry for that matter.

14. Bald Guy
    2:31 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Is it natural for these players to be upset with the coach that lured them to play for these losers? The NCAA needs to openly invite the Cardinals to go wherever they’d like with the capability of playing immediately. I don’t blame Charlie for leaving one bit but if the NCAA is going to operate like a business on the coaching side then it needs to make sure it protects the side they pretend to care about the most. I hope UofL hires Petrino… they deserve each other.

15. Since When
    2:38 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Did we start providing this much coverage to U of L sports on this site? KSR Is covering their coaching move like it was Joker’s departure.

16. Hal
    2:41 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

one could say charlie strong was….. nervous in his first presser with UT. he got work to do

17. brain
    2:47 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Anybody who would pass up the UT job to stay at ul should be committed.

18. Jim
    2:56 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

If Strong thought he has pressure at Loserville, he hasnt seen anything yet. Dont know if he will be able to handle the pressure there..

19. Not So Strong !!!
    3:04 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Man….he looks scared, or sad……..or both.

20. RICK
    3:14 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Drew, Keep the L-ville post coming, i like them , especially negative coverage. If you guys don’t like them then don’t read them and stop crying like little babies. And you guys that keep correcting peoples spelling , shut upp. Ok lets hear it about the up.

• KENTUCKYFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      3:31 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

up*
      let’s*

• catlogic15
      3:38 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Should be capital “I”, in “I like them”.
      Should be “posts”. Plural.
      Should be “people’s”. Possessive..

• TAXman
      3:47 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Drew, keep the Louisville posts coming. I like them. I especially like the negative coverage. If you guys don’t like them, then don’t read them. Also, stop crying like little babies. You guys that keep correcting people’s spelling need to shut upp. Okay, let’s hear it about the up.

There, I fixed as many of the grammar and spelling mistakes as my remedial english training would allow me.

21. Teetim
    3:55 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

He’s a rat. His whole family is rats…

22. 6xJimmy
    3:56 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Strong should give some of his new Texas money to Teddy Bridgewater, because if it was not for him he would be a .500 coach.

• LexCar
      4:46 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

He already did!

23. Jim
    3:59 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

I wish UK Football would have had Strong for 4 years.

How is that a city school like Loserville can hire much better football coaches than UK?

• Tom Jurich
      5:14 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Because of me!

• Unboltedharp
      5:26 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

They do by playing a weak ass schedule thus making them look like a real football team. If they played UK’s schedule every year they would have shared our fate. You have to hand to strong, he used the Tennessee job offer to rip off turdville and Texas!

24. Computer Blue
    4:02 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

It makes since that he’s not real since Louisville doesn’t exist.

25. Mark
    4:42 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

If that’s not a “I’ve made a huge mistake” face, I don’t know what is.

• IBe4UL
      5:06 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Strong is going to get $25 million even if he is fired. We would all be lucky to make mistakes like that.

26. rnet
    5:30 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Another Loser-ville post,my God,this is so pathetic

27. UK in Austin
    5:40 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

Has anyone noticed that he is not holding the “Hook ‘Em” sign properly? The thumb should be to the side of the middle finger…he has a lot to learn.

28. $1.75 Tacos?
    7:49 pm January 6, 2014 Permalink

I saw a newspaper guy that covers Texas football on ESPN, and he said the Texas A.D. had a search committee for the football job, but he went on his own on picking Strong. So, some of the big money people on the committee may not be all in on Strong.