Chane Behanan to Colorado State

Former Louisville forward Chane Behanan is transferring to Colorado State, one of two states many believe Behanan would’ve been better off avoiding. (The other being Washington, of course.) Behanan told Bleacher Report’s Jason King, “I respect Coach Eustachy and what he’s been through. We have a good connection.”

Chubby CSU kid in the Rams costume, your thoughts?

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Chane Behanan to Colorado State

1. T Unit
    1:15 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Hilarious

2. Bringith
    1:20 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

It makes sense. Legalized mary jane.

3. trey
    1:21 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Caught this earlier…Chane said on his instagram that he was “a part of a dynasty” at Louisville.

4. snarkster
    1:28 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I heard Chane is being pretty blunt about his reason for choosing CSU (aka Chronic St. U.).

• Deepsouthfan
      2:26 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

You said “Blunt”….LOL

5. Cheech Marin
    1:29 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves…

6. UKGrad83
    1:30 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

@4 – I see what you did there.

7. my $.02
    1:37 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I was told he prefers to play at high altitudes.

8. RealCatsFan
    1:41 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Ol’ Chane looks like he’s getting ready to blow a smoke ring in that picture. Any truth to the rumor that Kevin Ware will soon be joining him there for some of the “advanced herbal pain management” treatments that they have pioneered in the region?

9. 2mites
    1:43 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Is that fan saying fun, fun, fun? LOL

• Plenty
      2:04 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I think he is saying “I’m fat”.

10. UKBlue
    1:45 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Cold, Stoned, and never to be heard from again; well until he gets arrested again.

11. Skyfall
    1:49 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Change his number to 420

12. Blue Russell
    1:54 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I for one at least wish him luck. As a big blue fan since I could recognize colors, I hated Louisville. But Chane was part of the rivalry, which I will always respect while cheering for Kentucky. Good luck to you Behanan, I know there are plenty of jokes to be made, as long as we remember blue is better than any shade of red

13. D-Rock
    1:56 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Coach Larry Eustachy is ready to show him around campus. Hey ladies!!!!! High time these two got together and partied.

14. binarysolo
    2:01 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Call me crazy but I see a resemblence between Rams costume kid and Drew.

15. Hayley's quadriceps
    2:01 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Seriously, dude picks UK and he’s in the league right now. Should have picked the players first instead of the city first program.

• Nate Trump
      3:24 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Don’t say UL is a “city first” program…that’s a joke. Just look at how the Chicken Bucket puts the city first. Rick, Bobby, and UL athletics will get theirs, but the City of Louisville is left to clean up the slime and crime.

16. Mary Jane
    2:12 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I feel certain Chane will smoke the competition

17. RealCatsFan
    2:12 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Anyone want to cue up that video from the 2011 McD’s AA game where Chane and Wayne were talking smack to A.D and MKG? We could turn that into a “Look Where They Are Now” piece.

18. hooters
    2:16 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Ol chane be so high he’ll literally jump out of the gym. Bless his heart!

19. Bledsoe's Biceps
    2:18 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

And once again, truth is stranger than fiction. You just can’t make this stuff up.

20. sincitycat
    2:51 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

UK grad and a resident of Colorado since 1977 so I’m proud to have voted to legalize the good herb. The last time I went to my dispensary I purchased a new strain called “Kentucky Lemon Skunk” so maybe they knew Chane was on his way. The day we won it all in 2012 I celebrated with a blunt of “Blue Dream”. And for all you gun lovers (no offense meant here) one of my favorite strains is “AK-47”.

• PAK
      3:08 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Wow – you must really like smoking pot! I had a friend in college who loved to smoke pot (we worked together at Applebee’s) – he is still working food service 25 years later.

• VinnyCent
      5:17 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Im sooo jealous of you. One day ill be able to watch the Cats play and enjoy some good bud at the same time legally. Blue Dream is choice stuff. And for PAK, so what, a lot of people smoke and have great lives at the same time.

• AnnCoulterIsANutter
      7:04 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, PAK, a nice sample size of one you’ve got there. I’m sure you can extrapolate so many things about people that smoke marijuana based on your one friend. If people want to work food service industry for the rest of their lives, let them – it takes all kinds. I’m sure I’d have to smoke a lot of pot to deal with that, too.

21. Mark Liptak
    3:21 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Eustachy and Behanan two of the same kind.

22. thats budda
    3:27 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I spent a wonderful week in Ft. Collins Colorado couple years ago. Headliest place I have ever been. And that was before it was legalized. Two stoners had a girl downtown handcuffed with duct tape over her mouth with a sign hanging around her neck that said would ransom for weed. True. Very nice area

23. thats budda
    3:28 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Ft. Collins. Home of CSU and Fat Tire brewing company and a boatload of other breweries

24. Larry
    3:45 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

He picked CSU because the Coach has had some personal issues as well. He works closely with John Lucas. It’s a great fit.

25. harry
    3:51 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

i feel u dawg!!

26. Participant
    5:00 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Somewhere in the background John Denver’s song is playing, I don’t mean “Take Me Home, Country Roads”.

27. cats42301
    5:54 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Do schools like Colorado St. have any ethics? Why in heck would they want a dope smoker reject that got kicked off of one team already. Seems to me that there should be a gentleman’s agreement between schools to not pick up a guy that has been kicked off another school’s team, especially when it comes to drugs. No respect for Colorado St. at all after this decision.

28. sincitycat
    6:29 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

PAK, No offense was taken but it was/is possible to enjoy yourself on your own time and work thirty years for the same company and have a retirement (I did work food service as a UK student). Ft. Collins is a really neat town and I hope Chane does well at CSU. Living in Colorado is not to be taken for granted.

29. BAdams
    6:54 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Most of us assumed his problem was testing positive for pot, but it just so happens that’s not the case. Chane apparently has a benzo and oxy problem that’s he had for awhile. All his little run ins and being in the dog house were because of that. So the question I ask, what kinda man is Rick Pitino? Here this kid has a drug addiction, but because trying to win ball games and out do Cal you continue to enable him instead of being there for him. I like to believe Cal would handle that situation differently if it ever happened to him, afterall, he is a players first coach. But, we do we expect from Lville.

30. Punny guy