“CBS This Morning” reporting Rick Pitino is Coach-2

Up until this morning, the identity of Coach-2 from University-6 in the FBI’s report was a mystery.

But now we may know thanks to CBS, and it’s Rick Pitino.

A reminder: Coach-2 was the coach with the “big swinging d—“; the coach with all of the power. Coach-2 was also in the discussion of getting more money for Brian Bowen’s family, and was asked to call Jim Gatto, the adidas rep, for the funds.

If true, Pitino’s “I’m shocked” and “I’m innocent” approach is a complete lie (shocker) and what little is left of his legacy is completely destroyed.

UPDATE

The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that Pitino is indeed Coach-2.

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for “CBS This Morning” reporting Rick Pitino is Coach-2

1. Humdittydiddycatsbyfiddy
    9:55 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Lyingest lier that ever lied?

• Kevin C
      1:13 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

I’m sure Lance Armstrong will be happy to relinquish the title to Rick.

2. Bozferatu
    9:55 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Well it looks like UofL just saved a shit load of money.

• Blue Jesus
      10:27 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Thought the same, and I’m happy for them (and the state)

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Same. And after all the embezzling, Louisville really can’t afford to pay Rick to go away at this point.

• ClutchCargo
      12:40 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Maybe. I just wonder if he might be able to argue that they fired him before the violations were even alleged by the NCAA. His body of work would have gotten most other coaches fired already, though.

• Mathlete
      1:23 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

@Clutch – technically they still haven’t fired him. He’s just on “unpaid administrative leave pending further review”

• ClutchCargo
      1:36 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Mathlete, I didn’t make this clear, but I was talking about once the board of trustees meets and officially gives the go ahead to fire him. No way the NCAA will have done anything with this at that point, and that will likely drag out at least throughout this coming season, because that’s how they roll. The timing of all of this is just a colossal headache for University-6 and the NCAA.

3. ukjaybrat
    9:58 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

this is my shocked face
    😐

4. Jester
    10:00 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

So for all of you that are “conflicted” and not sure what Pitino’s legacy should be–does this open your eyes any and reveal to you what those of us in the real world already knew?

And as always, go to hell Louisville. Cardinal fans, I revel in your misery

• IAmTheDanger
      11:41 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

I like to separate the good Pitino (at UK) and the dark Pitino (at UL)….in regard to UL fans, I’m with you Jester….they can take a flying leap.

• mcp157
      6:36 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Maybe we all need to realize there is no good Pitino. He was just very successful at UK because he is a great coach. But as a human being he was always short with the UK fans from the sticks and showed his real self going to U of L in the first place. There have been rumors of his flings while in Lexington, the flings in Louisville, the scandals the finger he let fly in Lexington. So let’s just face it he’s evil through and through.

5. loservilletard
    10:13 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

who the hell else would be the biggest swinging dikkk in Loserville?

• Booby Petrino
      10:39 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

The report said Coach 2 swings a big d**k with company1. I think Company1 is Adidas. Oh Rick, what have you done??? lol

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:43 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

He carries a big weapon, but he has a 15-second hair trigger…

• runningunnin.454
      12:10 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

You all are too funny; I hate it when coffee blows through my nose.

• catsarerunnin
      12:18 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

So I’m guessing Louisville is where all the dikkks hang out…

6. Poppschmidty
    10:40 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Well, he’s been number 2 for years…

7. allen7375
    10:44 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

I wonder if Nick Nolte will make a cameo appearance in the sequel “Blue Chips” starting Rick Pitino.

8. Le Docteur
    10:48 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Ricky’s immediate “I’m shocked — SHOCKED” crap yesterday sounded a lot like he protesteth too much. Of course, almost everything out of his mouth is a lie anyway. A close reading of the Complaint does NOT reveal that the FBI has Ricky on tape. But he’s going to have to answer some FBI questions about why the phone records reveal calls from the Adidas scumbag to his (Ricky’s) cell phone just before Bowen’s out of the blue commitment. Or he’ll have to take the 5th.

• Jiminy Crickets
      11:14 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

Court records also said Adidas executive Jim Gatto “spoke directly with Coach-2 multiple times in the days before [Bowen] publicly committed” to Louisville.

During a meeting in a hotel room in Las Vegas on July 27, which was recorded by video cameras placed in the room by the FBI the day before, Dawkins, Jonathan Brad Augustine (the director of a Florida-based AAU program) and an undercover agent discussed how to pay $100,000 to the family of Bowen, a highly recruited player from LaPorte, Indiana, who had recently committed to play for Louisville, which has a shoe and apparel contract with Adidas.

• Jiminy Crickets
      11:16 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

The death penalty is all but assured if the HC was orchestrating the money exchange!

• runningunnin.454
      12:22 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Wow, thanks for that; I can not imagine how a coach under NCAA suspension, and with his program on probation could be so brazen.

9. Basteballer
    11:33 am September 28, 2017 Permalink

ABC is confirming it.

10. TakenNotGiven
    12:03 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Louisville should name Postel its permanent President. He’s handled this we’ll or at least 50x better than what bologna head would’ve done.

11. lexslamman
    12:45 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

If he ends up being served with an indictment and is subsequently convicted, Pitino’s lawyers are going to have a hard time arguing for leniency after this. Most judges I’ve known would relish the opportunity to throw the book at a guy like this, who is totally defiant and absolutely non-contrite.

12. lexslamman
    12:46 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Oh yeah, and here we are going into day 3 of the scandal and not even a whiff of a hint of wrong doing at UK. Must have a lot of these other fanbases in fits.

13. BluKudzu
    12:46 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

I live in Louisville, 5 minutes from the campus of U of L. I have heard “Pay Pal Cal” every time I have met a Cardinal fan. In my neighborhood, I am the only UK Grad, and fan. The continued BS I have been getting, regarding UK hatred by these folks, has been dead silent since the word has gotten out about Tennis Shoe U. Now knowing Pitino is a pile of number 2, makes my life sooooooo much better.
    eff Louisville Cardinal Nation forever.

• J-Dub421
      12:53 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Same. I’ve had U of L fans come up to me in the grocery store and while I was pumping gas completely minding my own business on multiple occasions and curse me out and call Cal a cheater. Their fans are terrible and I have no sympathy at all for them.

• catsarerunnin
      1:06 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

But yet they call UK fans “obnoxious”.

• runningunnin.454
      1:18 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

I’m in Western Kentucky; and, I never even see a UL t-shirt or sweatshirt or cap. Just a few WKU and Murray fans.
      You all will probably never hear that stuff again…it’s all over at U of Hell.

• BluKudzu
      2:04 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Just curious, does anyone have access to the “Got Pitino” Tshirts issued by Jurich after he was hired at Louisville?

• ClutchCargo
      2:08 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

rg, consider yourself lucky. I used to work in Louisville and I remember how it used to be in the later Denny Crum years and before they got better in football. It was tolerable then. But then they brought on Coach-2 and had some success in football and all of a sudden the die-hard and life-long fans came out of the woodwork with their UofL license plates, etc. Maybe it can get back to the good old days again soon.

• runningunnin.454
      3:17 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Clutch; I did get some heat from WKU fans when they beat us by 24 in the NCAA tournament in ’71; but, then Jim McDaniel was declared ineligible, so it didn’t las long.

14. BobKYCats
    1:17 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Of course Pitino is Coach-2. Did anybody really think that any assistant coach would wave the biggest d— anywhere?

Well, Cards fans, sure, but anybody living in reality? No.

15. PillsburyThrowboy
    1:53 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

#L1C2

• J-Dub421
      4:06 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

You mean #U6C2.

16. RealCatsFan
    2:11 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Karen says it really wasn’t that big. 😀

17. Kat4Life
    7:01 pm September 28, 2017 Permalink

Drew has no mercy when it comes to Pitino. None. But once the horse has been beaten to paste its probably time to put down the club.