Carlton Bragg mistakenly says he’ll play at UK, then wears Kansas hat

bragg-friends

In one of the most painfully awkward things I’ve ever seen, Carlton Bragg accidentally announced he will play at the University of Kentucky, when he meant to say Kansas. The five-star forward from Cleveland was visibly nervous throughout the ceremony and those nerves hit him at the worst time, probably the biggest moment of his life to date.

I feel bad for the kid, but he did get a redo for the cameras.

Good luck at KU.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Carlton Bragg mistakenly says he’ll play at UK, then wears Kansas hat

1. rdhack
    3:19 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

A Terrance Jones situation perhaps?

2. Dusten
    3:29 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

We know where he really wants to go.

3. dhighdrated
    3:30 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

“I’m sorry”.
    nah brah you’ll be sorry on draft day heyoooooooo

4. J-Dub421
    3:30 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Freudian slip perhaps?

5. Bobbum Man
    3:31 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Someone already regrets his decision

6. secrick
    3:31 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Good luck to this kid, it was probably a tough decision for him. With the talent Ky has and no one knows who’s going and who’s staying it will be tough to come here and platoon or sit.

7. binarysolo
    3:32 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Maybe a similar thing happened with that E-town sheriff?

8. Bobbum Man
    3:34 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t even care when cal misses on a kid anymore, sure there’s some U hate to lose more than others. But you know we’ll be just fine, such an unreal time for us UK fans, I know I try not to take it for granted with what he’s doing here… But the amount of talent that has come through Lexington is just ridiculous, I knew he would do great things here but has far far exceeded my expectations

9. Bobbum Man
    3:35 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

And on a unrelated note, the whole Damien Harris thing seems very fishy to me, he’s kept it quiet for so long then the day before all this information starts leaking? Sounds like false info being spread to me to help suprise us a bit more, Damien chooses cats tomorrow, biggest Yahtzee ever!

• secrick
      3:47 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

If he chooses Ky i will by you a beer, or a drink of your choice.

• Adam From Awesome Trot
      4:08 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

The information came back because the Army bowl just ended. Apparently, he really clicked with the Alabama rectruits.

10. AndTheDevil
    4:02 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Well, at least KU knows he handles pressure situations well

11. jonthes
    4:57 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

Just as well. You have to have brains to play in Calipari’s system.

12. EdC
    5:31 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

It’s interesting how much confidence I have in Cal’s recruiting. Before him really any top recruit that didn’t pick Kentucky was some reason for consternation even though we seemed to rarely get top prospects. Now if really any given prospect chooses somebody else I just know that it kind of doesn’t matter. We will get very very good players who are smart, committed and can handle it. They may or may not be the next big thing in the NBA but they will be important to Kentucky basketball. It wasn’t so long ago that we didn’t really get any of the big guns and during one coaching era we would lose 2 or 3 per year transferring out for one reason or another. These are fine days to be a UK basketball fan.

13. DT in DC
    6:16 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

I think the appropriate response to this is “Oh, bless his heart.”

14. CopenhagenCat
    6:26 pm January 8, 2015 Permalink

The kid was just nervous. Good Luck to him.