Cameron Mills takes over KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt’s week of vacation is almost up, but not before Cameron Mills and his radio crew take over the mics. Tune in to hear the former Cat’s take on the NCAA Committee’s findings, the NFL Draft, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

41 Comments for Cameron Mills takes over KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:57 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Bought some more popcorn; what’s UL doing today?

• Realme
      10:02 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Ho hum, another day, another scandal at Louisville.

• runningunnin.454
      10:09 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

So they called this new culprit Coach 3 because Coach 2 was taken?

• Realme
      10:10 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Could be that coach 3 is coach 2. Totally separate case, right? It will have its’ own numbering system.

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

What are the odds Coach 3’s name also starts with ‘P’?
      I believe there’s a precedent.

• Realme
      10:15 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

And ends in o?

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Yup.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

But Rick Pitino is such a fine upstanding citizen, one who would never lie! How dare you cast such aspersions sir! 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Ha ha, I don’t think this one is Rick…wasn’t he already gone?

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

No, this was stuff that went on under Jurich’s reign. Petrino is a likely candidate as well. There are some other coaches on their staff likely involved; I’ve heard their volleyball coach (or maybe former volleyball coach?) is a piece of work.

• I’m sure RCF can comment on the v’ball coach if he steps in today.

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Is it wrong that I have my fingers crossed, hoping it’s not just another Pitino thing? I mean, we can’t have Bobby Petrino sitting there looking like a choir boy.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

A coach’s affair an cover up could be either of them. The other stuff about staff being treated like garbage and rampant misogyny and threats in the athletics department could catch a bunch of coaches in a variety of sports.

I really have to hand it to Mitch Barnhart, our coaches across the board in all sports have been pretty darned scandal free. *knocks on wood*

2. Realme
    10:13 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

The implication that someone like SGA is wrong or a problem is the most offensive part of this worthless committee’s “findings”. As if they found anything new or insightful.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

The most ridiculous idea they came up with is if a kid leaves early for the NBA, the school loses that scholarship for 3-4 years…that’s insane.
      I like the idea that if a player is not drafted, then he can return to school.

• Realme
      10:19 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Emmert needs to go. All of these “problems” they are trying to fix happened on his watch. Clean house, start over with someone of common sense that is in touch with the actual sports.

• And don’t you love that memo that told the coaches to toe the company line?

• Sorry if they already talked about that. I just tuned in. I forgot Cam was in today, and I love it when he hosts.

• Realme
      10:24 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think they made that point yet, but it is typically NCAA absurd.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure they can count on Cal to do exactly that…not.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Cal loves to poke at the NCAA’s hypocrisy. He’ll start throwing rocks soon, and we’ll see which “dogs” yelp.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

And our next NCAA tournament game will be in Anchorage.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

We’d still have the most fans there. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      11:45 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

“…if a kid leaves early for the NBA, the school loses that scholarship for 3-4 years…that’s insane.”

RG, that’s a great example of terrible management/leadership. Holding someone accountable for something they don’t have the authority to control. That one is just about dumb enough to actually happen.

3. Realme
    10:21 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I’m tired of Sleep Outfitters telling me I’m too stupid to avoid overwhelming confusion while mattress shopping.

• ClutchCargo
      11:47 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Last time we shopped for mattresses, we ended up ordering a Casper and haven’t looked back. Can’t go wrong with having it shipped to your door and getting a 100 night trial, after which they will come and get it if you don’t like it.

• Realme
      11:50 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know, sounds like you need the SO staff to explain beds to you first.

I bought my current one cheaply online, and it is perfection, and will probably last way longer.

4. J-Dub421
    10:31 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

The NCAA is about one thing and one thing only: Money. Everything they do is to protect their profits. End of story.

5. ukkatzfan
    10:45 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

DoesCameron think faster talk is better talk ?

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Reminds me of the dialogue in ’30’s and ’40’s movies; I always thought it looked like they were afraid they would run out of film.

• Also sportscasters. I saw someone recently doing an imitation of a 20’s or 30’s sportscaster talking really fast like that and using phrases like “He’s the bees knees”. Hilarious!

I saw another one on YouTube who really was a reporter talking like that to folks like Tom Brady. Brady kind of smiled and said “I have no idea what the ____ you just asked, but…”

6. J-Dub421
    11:13 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Sydney McLaughlin could make all kinds of money if allowed to do so.

7. Realme
    11:14 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I vote Ryan is in charge of signing up subs instead of Matt from now on.

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I second.

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Motion passed.

8. J-Dub421
    11:32 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Does anyone think there’s real parity outside of the Power 5? There’s not. Schools like Sienna and Florida Gulf Coast are not in the same realm as Kentucky and Duke. They never will be. Sure every once in a while a team like Loyola makes a Final Four when the stars align correctly, but that happens once every 50+ years.

• Realme
      11:39 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

I think that guy was more concerned about the criteria being only $ if they have the right to their own names / likenesses. Guess what, it already is about $ (future athlete income / non-athlete future career income or Louisville style bribes). Nothing would be different.

9. Realme
    11:46 am April 26, 2018 Permalink

Is this the real Chester, or does someone else think he has the right to that name? Shouldn’t some government body regulate that?

10. ukwildcat2323
    6:28 pm April 26, 2018 Permalink

That show was about as boring as listening to Freddie Maggard talk football. Like Freddie, Mills brings the facts, but it’s God awful to listen to. Can’t wait for Matt to come back. I laugh throughout the show normally.

• Basteballer
      7:25 pm April 26, 2018 Permalink

Unfortunately, when Matt’s away it becomes a week without KSR for me. I mean, I try. But it’s terrible.