Cam Johnson Nears Decision

Pittsburgh graduate transfer shooting guard Cameron Johnson is close to choosing his future college destination.  After spending three days at North Carolina, Johnson told Inside Carolina things will be happening “sooner rather than later.”

“I don’t have a solid drop-dead date on anything, but I’m getting a little closer with my decision-making process and I anticipate something sooner rather than later, in terms of progress with my decision and the situation with Pittsburgh,” he said. “If there’s some progress with Pittsburgh that will mean something, and if there’s not then that will mean something too.”

Even though he already graduated from Pitt, which would normally allow a student-athlete to play immediately, the school will not allow Johnson to transfer to an ACC school unless he sits out a year.  “I’m a basketball player,” he said.  “I just want to be on the court.”

Kentucky was once considered the favorite for Johnson, but Hamidou Diallo’s decision to return to Lexington pushed the Wildcats to the back-burner.

[Inside Carolina]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

7 Comments for Cam Johnson Nears Decision

1. Catcasey1
    12:13 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

Can play right now at uk

2. ZRZynda
    12:18 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

I think UNC is in his heart because its in the ACC and its a championship contender team…… Even though Hami came back I see UK at a close 2nd because he would have 2 straight years witha VERY GOOD chance at winning a championship!!!

3. KYcats11
    12:54 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

I know Cam personally, he told me he’s not coming to kentucky.

• catsarerunnin
      3:11 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

Your parole officer is named Cam Johnson but it’s not the college basketball player with the same name.

• 4everblue
      7:06 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

Dan Blitzengreeber now has an alias account…..

4. *groans*

How long is he going to wait? I don’t really care at this point, but doesn’t it seem that if Pitt was going to release him they would have done it by now?

5. TheMaxCat
    6:09 pm June 1, 2017 Permalink

Play for one of the best teams this year or sit out. Next year the guy ahead of you goes pro and your an experienced senior which means at worst you’ll play even more substantial minutes. It seems on the surface UK would easily be his better situation.