Calipari hijacking headlines and info on the tattler (Friday Show Thread)

cal-fla

Today’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio is guaranteed to be one of the four best shows of the week as the guys head into the weekend. They’ll hit a variety of Friday topics, including:

— Calipari making noise
— SEC title game on the move?
— A likely future Wildcat
— Info on the tattler
— Much more…

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for Calipari hijacking headlines and info on the tattler (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Wonder if we’ll find out who is the tattle tail on Uncle Matt. I am sure it’s a UL fan.

• J-Dub421
      10:15 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

I’m still betting on it being Captain Suntan.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

I agree that he is the most likely suspect, and this sounds like one of his heavy handed responses. I can just picture him picking up the phone with veins popping out of his head shouting “I’ll show those KSR guys!”

2. Realme
    10:06 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

I’m starting to wonder if Marcus Lee is letting his brother and Jeff Goodman plan his life for him.

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Seriously. He is making some mind boggling decisions. Especially the stuff about him not having had an opportunity to showcase his offensive game. We would all have loved for him to have asserted any and all of his offensive repertoire last season. Playing time was definitely available.

3. lexwildcat
    10:20 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Not sure why they keep putting WTUK in Harlan on this list. They never have KSR on.

4. NorthernKYCatfan
    11:07 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

The tattletale thing upsets me. They can’t legitimately think that you all would upset the democratic process. It’s just pure jealousy. It shows an inflated sense of self importance and it comes from someone that enjoys stealing the joy of others.
    Yet worse than that is that they haven’t revealed themselves. There is no worse type of person than someone who creates conflict and then runs from that conflict.

5. RealCatsFan
    11:10 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

What are the odds that Matt has no idea what the difference is between a shock and a strut, and could not identify either on a car?

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Very high.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Hmmm, time to get my paddles out and jump start this thread. 🙂

I’m not a Trump supporter, but the actions of the “protesters” (thugs, actually) at his rally are beyond reason. Politics in this country has sunk to the level of rooting for your favorite sports team. No matter who the person is who is running for your “team”, you will put the shades on and support them no matter what. At least that seems to be the viewpoint of many people on the extreme left or extreme right. Some of us who are more moderate in either direction can only look on and shake our heads in dismay. (there, see how I worked sports into it? 🙂 )

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. This whole campaign has been a circus all the way around. It’s disgraceful.

• Realme
      11:28 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

That’s one of the reasons I hate politics, and Matt has mentioned this before. So many people cannot tolerate the fact that others disagree with them. It’s totally possible to be intelligent and moral and be either a moderate Dem, Rep, or neither.
      I occasionally want to vote for Trump, just to spite people like those protesters, but then I hear him speak to his followers and I can’t take it. I keep being told that it’s wrong for me to say I’m not going to vote, but if I literally think they’re both despicable, why should I feel obligated to pick one?

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. This election reminds me of an episode of South Park. Are you going to vote for Douchebag, or Turd Sandwich?

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Completely agree, RealMe. I remember voting for Joe Walsh when he was on the ticket one year just to register my “protest vote”. He was actually on the ballot!

The fact that there is no real opportunity for any third party to be involved is one of the things that turns me off the most. There may be legitimately good ideas from a third party candidate, but their voice cannot be heard with all of the big money involved these days. The system is completely rigged, IMO. The founding fathers are turning in their graves at the way that their vision has been subverted.

• Realme
      11:38 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, that’s pretty much where we are, with no reason to ever hope for things to change.

• CPACAT
      11:42 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Completely agree! Donald Trump scares the heck out of me for the things he says in public, Hillary Clinton scares the heck out of me for the things she does in private!

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

It’s a sad state of affairs when you basically have to vote for whoever is the lesser of two evils.

• papasnapper
      1:34 pm June 3, 2016 Permalink

I can see the USA spiraling out of control to the point that the Middle East is, It may take another generation or two, but I feel it’s coming. All of you out there, say 50+ years old, recall your days growing up compared to what the kids growing up today are faced with and experiencing. It’s a vastly different, meaner, less tolerant, hateful world and we are losing control. Before long, someone will get killed at a political rally, then there will be retaliation, escalating till all heck breaks lose. Not sure where we are headed as a nation, but it definitely isn’t looking peachy, is it? Don’t think I’ll live to see it, but likely my great, great grand kids will. There is a fix, but no one wants to hear about a higher being anymore.

• J-Dub421
      2:40 pm June 3, 2016 Permalink

Religion isn’t a fix, it’s part of the problem.

7. J-Dub421
    11:25 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

That’s sad about Vandy’s pitcher. Also, how do people keep drowning? Are they just grossly overestimating their swimming abilities?

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Sometimes alcohol is involved, although it would be irresponsible to conjecture on that in this situation. Other times the distance can be underestimated, or currents are involved, or something as simple as a bad muscle cramp and panic can spell disaster for a swimmer.

I have always been amazed that there have not been drownings during the Iron Man competition when you have 5000 people swimming in the Ohio river.

• Realme
      11:36 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

When I was a kid my fit, high school football player brother went swimming way out in Lake Huron after a runaway beach ball, and it was really scary. He barely made it back, and little girl me wouldn’t have been able to do anything. He just went so much farther out there than he realized.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

Those people are used to swimming in those conditions. I guess my view is skewed as a former competitive swimmer and lifeguard. I could have a cramp and be fine. Heck I could probably have a broken arm or leg and still make it to where ever I was swimming, I’d just be slow. But, I am a very strong swimmer.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

For my honeymoon many moons ago we went to Destin, Fl. While we were walking on the beach, we saw a black lab puppy out in the ocean, yelping and obviously struggling against the tide. It was obvious that the dog was in serious trouble. I swam out to him, and did not realize how deep it was or how strong the current was. I seriously thought I could possibly drown going after this dog, especially when he started flailing and struggling when I got to him. Fortunately for both of us, another bystander came out there in a rubber raft. We were able to safely get the dog back to the beach. My wife and I were thanked by the owner, then walked on down the beach. Not five minutes later, I turned around to see the brain dead owner throwing a ball out into the water for the dog to go out and chase again. I seriously considered the thought of going down there and strangling her.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm June 3, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub, friend of mine did the IM, and he said he swallowed so much water during the swim that it totally messed up his system to the point where he could not properly hydrate for the rest of the race. He finished, but his time was much slower than expected due to this.

8. J-Dub421
    11:28 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

The Olympics should NEVER have been given to Brazil in the first place. It’s a third world country for crap sakes. Rio is currently the murder capital of the world. How on earth did anyone think they should host a major international event.

• Realme
      11:29 am June 3, 2016 Permalink

That selection process is so corrupt. Taints the whole idea of the Olympics for me.