Buzz growing for a De’Aaron Fox/Malik Monk package deal

Over there past few months, there have been rumblings that 2016 guards De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk may play together at the next level. The two attended Big Blue Madness together, along with Harry Giles, and this afternoon, Giles’ coach Steve Smith told Adam Zagoria that after speaking with Giles, he thinks Monk and Fox could end up at the same school:

“Fox and Monk both went to Kansas with him and they were both at Kentucky with him, so he kind of told me where they’re leaning but I’m not saying” Smith said. “I’m keeping my mouth shut.”

Asked if Giles said he thinks both players will land at the same place, Smith said, “I think he feels like they might. Those guys all talk to each other. He talks to Jayson [Tatum] and he talks to those other guys on the visits and it sounded to me, Harry didn’t necessarily say it, but it sounded to me like they might be going together somewhere. But I don’t know if it’s a 100 percent a sure thing, but they visited some of the same schools obviously.”

Considering Fox is a heavy UK lean and the Cats reportedly lead for Monk now as well, that’s a pretty good sign. Two of the top five players in a loaded 2016 class? Yes please.

To listen to Smith’s full remarks, including his thoughts on Kentucky’s chances with Giles, head on over to ZagsBlog.com.

11 Comments for Buzz growing for a De’Aaron Fox/Malik Monk package deal

1. SoCal Will
    6:17 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

Sweet. Both players are complete team players but in the last two minutes Cal could isolate either one and they would win a one on one with any opposing guard in college.

2. Jordan
    6:25 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

Big fan of Malik Monk if we can land these guys we’re set once again.

3. Linebeard
    7:27 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

And I think we need at least one athletic post player

4. Priceless
    7:45 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

Waiting for the dumb Leuther comment about his sources. Hey Leuther….what does your sources…..errrrrr…..your own self say.

• Ha!
      9:51 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

He’s too busy tweeting “#iStandWithLouisville”…..

5. 8 god
    7:46 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

RIP chances with Giles

6. Gi doc
    8:12 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

I think right now that it is a Monk, and Giles, and fox package deal. We need to stop Giles from going to Duke for his last visit . The main reason he would go to Duke is because of his friendship for Jason Tatum. These three players have bonded and these guys are really high on Kentucky right now after midnight madness . Coach Cal has been on Giles since 2013, I am a Kentucky fan but Kentucky is a no-brainer for Harry Giles and most certainly would be groomed to be the number one pick and showcased accordingly. We would’ve had Andrew Wiggins but he forgot about the aspect that the more talented Kentucky team was going to win more than Kansas. He forgot about our motto to “succeed and proceed “. Hopefully, Giles realizes we are the one and done school that showcases players and we are about them . if any player can make small sacrifices to win, Kentucky is for you .

• That dude
      8:47 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

Yeah and I’m sure andrew is kicking himself every day for making that huge mistake.

• B
      1:48 pm October 22, 2015 Permalink

Yep, Wiggs had it tough being an all american and the #1 pick.

7. Gi doc
    8:23 pm October 21, 2015 Permalink

Harry Giles Emoji after his visit i.e. the tweet – a half smile- means not to trust anyone. To me, that means he is not decided to go to Duke and not to trust people who are saying that he is. Hopefully, Fox works on him to join us. Coach Cal did not say that this could be his best class ever for no reason. I am starting to realize that Fox is just a great kid and he may end up bringing us Monk and Giles

8. Lex Steele
    8:47 am October 22, 2015 Permalink

I think Giles is a very long shot at this point, but keep hope alive. I think we’ll get another big for sure, and it will be which ever one decides to pull the trigger first. Bam, Bolden, or Allen. I’m not sure theres a huge difference in all 3 of them.