I am not a huge baseball fan and one of the things that bugs me most about that sport are the “unwritten rules” that diehards always talk about. You can’t bunt in a no-hitter situation. You can’t score from 2nd base late in a game your team is comfortably winning. The list goes on and on and everytime I hear a player or manager talk about these unwritten rules, I throw up in my mouth a little bit.
But, I digress. The reason I rant above is that I wonder if you think being a UK fan has its unwritten rules. Things that you just don’t do or say. Things that if you do, you deserve a 95mph fastball to the spine. I racked my brain this morning and came up with these:
1. Never say a negative word about The Unforgettables unless it’s about Richie Farmer.
2. Football never, ever takes priority over basketball. Ever.
3. We will never rush the court at Rupp Arena even if Jesus comes down and hits a full court winner against Louisville who is being captained by the corpse of Osama Bin Laden. Remain in your seat.
4. Respect the blue hairs financial contribution to the program but hate the way they hog the lower level seats.
5. Laugh at anything Louisville does.
6. Glory Road was a completely false perception of Adolph Rupp.
7. Eddie Sutton coached here? I don’t remember that.
8. Vandy football is always worse than us, no matter what the records tell us.
9. Jodie Meeks would have made the 2010 team undefeated. Fact.
10. BTI sucks. Always.
Those are 10 that came to my mind. What would be your unwritten rules?