BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: The Unwritten Rules of UK Athletics

I am not a huge baseball fan and one of the things that bugs me most about that sport are the “unwritten rules” that diehards always talk about.  You can’t bunt in a no-hitter situation.  You can’t score from 2nd base late in a game your team is comfortably winning.  The list goes on and on and everytime I hear a player or manager talk about these unwritten rules, I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

But, I digress.  The reason I rant above is that I wonder if you think being a UK fan has its unwritten rules.  Things that you just don’t do or say.  Things that if you do, you deserve a 95mph fastball to the spine.  I racked my brain this morning and came up with these:

1. Never say a negative word about The Unforgettables unless it’s about Richie Farmer.

2. Football never, ever takes priority over basketball.  Ever.

3. We will never rush the court at Rupp Arena even if Jesus comes down and hits a full court winner against Louisville who is being captained by the corpse of Osama Bin Laden.  Remain in your seat.

4. Respect the blue hairs financial contribution to the program but hate the way they hog the lower level seats.

5. Laugh at anything Louisville does.

6. Glory Road was a completely false perception of Adolph Rupp.

7. Eddie Sutton coached here? I don’t remember that.

8. Vandy football is always worse than us, no matter what the records tell us.

9. Jodie Meeks would have made the 2010 team undefeated.  Fact.

10. BTI sucks.  Always.

Those are 10 that came to my mind.  What would be your unwritten rules?

Article written by Bryan the Intern

81 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: The Unwritten Rules of UK Athletics

1. ClayD
    9:05 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Who’s Jeses? Are we recruiting him?

• bluemanchew
      9:12 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

You gone and stepped in it now BTI.

• bluemanchew
      9:38 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

The fix has been made. That was fun while it lasted.

• BLEEDBLUE
      10:00 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

When you going to post the RUPP thing? didnt like the results?

10:03 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Yea.. Laugh at everything Louisville does… I guess some people do laugh to cope with crying…

10:04 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

“making U of L’s deal with the sports apparel company the third-largest-known agreement of its kind in college sports.” … It’s Hilarious

10:06 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

“Louisville becomes the first team in one season to capture BCS bowl victory, Men’s and women’s Final Four, and a College World Series berth in college sports history” … Im rolling on the floor Louisville is so funny

• Pistol Pete
      10:34 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Real Deal, what in the heck is your problem? Do you not have a life? Only an a-hole enjoys going to another school’s website and leave obnoxious messages every day. This definitely shows “little brother” syndrome where you are constantly trying to prove you are just as good. Grow up and leave childish behavior behind. Enjoy your team and stop worrying about what UK fans are talking about.

• Eric
      10:46 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I have never been to a louisville site and posted 5 straight comments on a message board. Seems that UofL fans do it much more often. My little brother always wants to validate himself to me and my parents. That seems very similar to what UofL fans do on this site.

11:13 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

UofL founded in 1798
      UofK founded in 1865

67 years difference. I believe that makes UK the little brother friends.
      Also, I like UK sports hence why I’m on here (I also follow WKU and EKU sports for the record) I like all kentucky colleges.. I just get tired of seeing UK fans CONSTANTLY talk about Louisville. You are the ones that seem paranoid of your big, older brother.

• _Blackhawk_
      11:27 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

theRealDeal…yes UofL was founded in 1798, known as Jefferson Seminary, but it didn’t open until 1813 and closed in 1824. Then the rights to the Jefferson Seminary were inherited by the Louisville Collegiate Institute in 1844 and the University of Louisville get it’s name in 1846. So that big older brother you talk about is about 21 years older…. and when you consider had it not been for the LCI coming in to (inherit) bail out the Jefferson Seminary, the argument could be made that UofL would’ve never have been. Let’s not pretend that they have been a juggernaut for 67 more years than UK…they haven’t…they were 2nd fiddle before there was another fiddle known as UK.

11:41 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Will you all please excuse my mindless rants? You see, I don’t have much of a life. I have no friends, girls don’t like me and I can’t keep a job. I like to spend most of my time in my mother’s basement leaving obnoxious messages on websites and adding to my booger collection. Good news though, Coach Pitino has asked me to dinner at Porcini’s. I can’t wait.

11:54 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Blackhawk.. You clearly have done zero research. The university of Louisville was founded in 1798… that is the founding date on the CHARTER that is still held by the university to this day. regardless of all the arbitrary nutsucking that you want to argue… the initiative that formed UofL was taken in 1798 (YOU COULD ACTUALLY ARGUE MUCH EARLIER THAN THAT BECAUSE THERE ARE RECORDS OF THE INSITUTION ACTUALLY TEACHING AS EARLY AS 1778 WHEN THE CITY WAS FOUNDED) The bottom line is that UofL is the FIRST City founded and funded university in the ENTIRE NATION. Everyone else came later… UK wouldnt even be an idea for another 67 years (at least), which plays second fiddle (When WKU isnt)…

11:58 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

All else aside.. UofL is big brother being the FAR older institution that is also now the most profitable college sports franchise in the country and just signed the third largest sports attire deal in the country.. all while moving into and setting up shop in the ACC, The nations most prestigious conference..
      All ships rise with the tide and Louisville, even though they have already been killing it with the “year of the cardinal” and Louisville slam, will become exponentially more successful once the move is complete. And THAT scares the living daylights out of you UK fans..UofL is on the up and up after doing WAY more with WAY less resources for years. We were rivals back in the day when it was arguable that UK was in fact the better instituiton (arguable I said… Louisville does have a rich history and has been successful) … In a few years it wont even be close…

12:07 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Also, Blackhawk, It is quite sad that you argue Shoulda coulda wouldas….
      you said, and i quote ” and when you consider had it not been for the LCI coming in to (inherit) bail out the Jefferson Seminary, the argument could be made that UofL would’ve never have been.”
      There are PLENTY of examples in UK’s short history in which funding was down and times were hard. You could argue that UK could have been shut down then (Like in the late 1800’s for example) or maybe it might have never been founded at all?… drop that logic boy.. think like a rational man.
      and for the record, you arbitrary “facts” have zero credibility seeing as you couldnt even get basic dates correct. Everything goes through growth and changes. UK wasnt always called what it is for example. you could argue that UK was founded MUCH later than 1865 because when it was first opened it was called Kentucky A&M (Go figure)… UofL as it stands today on the campus it currently resides on was set in 1837… but like I said, the official paper trail leads back to 1798.
      I’ll take my apology now

• theWilkman
      12:11 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

RealDeal – no, nothing you said “scares the living daylights” out of UK fans. No one cares about when either school was founded. No one cares about your “year of the Cardinal” and no one cares about how profitable your athletic program is. The fact that you are too dense to see how pathetic your trolling is is absolute proof of your little brother syndrome.

Now please, recite another tired statistic showing how much better UofL is.

12:15 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

“In 1882, the official colors of the university, royal blue and white, were adopted.” UK didn’t have its colors before then… 1882 is therfore the founding date..

Wait a second…

“Four years later, the school’s name was changed to the “State University, Lexington, Kentucky” upon reaching university status, and then to the “University of Kentucky” in 1916.”

So it seems UK wasn’t founded until 1916 by your logic Mr. Blackhawk….

Lets see here… by your logic, that would mean UofL was founded 79 years before UK (1837 to 1916).. Hmmm… want to go back to the actual data yet?

12:21 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Thewilkman,

You better care laddy… Because in a decade it wont even be close. It sounds an awful lot like you are in denial… you are scared and it does make you mad that my “tired statistics” prove that UofL is the older, more profitable instituition.

12:22 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Also, for the record.. Id like to make clear that I am a fan of all kentucky universities. I Follow them all equally and root for every one when they perform on the national stage.. that is 100% true. I like hearing about my state’s schools doing well. I get on UK, UL, WKU, EKU, etc. news sites often… not just one or the other. The thing that gets to me though (and what started this) is that UK sites are the ONLY ONES that constantly talk about and try to belittle another institution (coincidentally it is UL) It gets on my nerves and thats why I speak up. Id like to read my UK news without seeing another school I like constantly dogged. I don’t see why there always has to be such a divide.. but it just goes to show me that if anyone has little brother syndome… It is UK. UL sites never talk about UK.

12:26 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

thewilkman,

one more thing… it just goes to show how ignorant you are…
      You said “No one cares about your “year of the Cardinal” and no one cares about how profitable your athletic program is.”… Now, who in their rational mind would believe such a thing? why cant you just congratulate your in state brother?
      apparently a LOT of people cared because when the year of the cardinal happened ESPN and SI talked about it almost nonstop and ESPN even did a documentary about it..
      and A LOT OF people care how profitable it is because every time those numbers are released (Once a year) tons of investors flock to Louisville. another reason UL is far surpassing UK, funding is going through the roof based on performance and returns.

• OhLongJohnson
      12:27 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

RealDeal shave your pencil thin chin strap beard, take your keys off the shoe string, put down the L’s, and GTFO.

12:33 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

OhLongJohnson,

If you have nothing constructive to add (Seeing as I have defeated you with facts) please leave the discussion. For the record, I do live in the state’s biggest city, but we have a varied population as any civilized and cultured person would observe. But I wouldnt expect you to know that seeing as you probably live in a trailer park either in eastern Ky or outside of the redheaded stepchild of a town that they call lexington. so… with all due respect…
      Put down the beer can and rifle, stop effing your sister, put your teeth back in, get the kid off the roof, and GTFO…

• theWilkman
      12:40 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Again, no one cares. ESPN and SI talked about Tim Tebow in the NFL for 3 straight years, they have to talk about something. And “for the record”, no one believes that you “root for every one when they perform on the national stage.” If you don’t like how UK fans talk about their rivals, get your UK news from somewhere else. No one will care.

12:42 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Louisville is a Major US city (The only one in Kentucky, clocks in as the state’s ONLY first class city by population) that hosts 3 fortune 500 companies (Lexington has zero) and multiple fortune 1000… Louisville currently has the highest ratio of any city in the nation for young professionals moving in (those are the people that start businesses) and has been referred to as the new portalnd for years (more recently called a hipster meca… so that whole line beard joke is outdated at best)… Louisville metro statistical area is proudly called home by 1.5 million people which is impressive considering the city resides in a state with a bit over 4 million people. Louisville boasts tons of awards and accolades, including but not limited to: “Top tourist destination in the country” -CNN and Lonely Planet “top tourist destinations” -National geographic “foodiest city” “manliest city” and currently holds the title of having the best tasting drinking water in the country..
      On top of all this, Kentucy truly wouldnt be what it is without the city of Louisville.. Giving the state the hotbrown, KFC, Bourbon, The louisville slugger, The jug band, etc..
      Not to mention Louisville was called home by 2 US presidents, a supreme court justice, col. sanders, Hunter S., Thomas edison, Edwin Hubble, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom cruise, D griffith, etc…

12:45 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Thewilkman,

And thats great tim tebow deserved to be talked about.. he was a good quarter back.. the point being that they only talk about things that are news worthy.. And the year of the cardinal certainly was. NO other school in history has pulled something like that off. can you not at least admit that it was pretty impressive? I mean UK has never had a year like that… ever

• theWilkman
      12:50 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

It was not pretty impressive. Do it in an actual conference and we can talk.

With your winning personality you so eloquently showcase here, I imagine you have no trouble finding dates in such a culturally superior city. Or not? http://hotornot.com/profile/01208831490

• _Blackhawk_
      12:55 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

I did zero research? Really? Ok then let me provide a link where someone did some research for me and gave me the arbitrary facts you said I had. http://louisville.edu/about/history.html

Snippets from the link:

On April 3, 1798, eight men declared their intention to establish the Jefferson Seminary in Louisville and called upon their fellow citizens to join them in pledging funds for land, buildings, and teachers.

Jefferson Seminary struggled. It did not open until the fall of 1813, and in 1829 it closed.

The Louisville Medical Institute (LMI), chartered in 1833, opened in 1837, and the Louisville Collegiate Institute (LCI) was chartered the same year. In 1840 LCI was renamed Louisville College and in 1844 it inherited the portion of the estate of Jefferson Seminary. (<- that means the initial founded school was closed from 1829 to 1844…….just because someone was teaching there doesn't mean that it was who founded it.)

I never said that UK didn't go through changes just pointing out that because you found something that doesn't do anything for several years isn't the same as being open for business for 67 years. I could be the founder of a business today and not open it for 24 years…does that mean I have a 25 year anniversary when it should be the 1st? It's funny that someone gets so fired up over a simple clarification of the amount of time they were actually open. I didn't even mention that the LCI went out of business and the LMI took over. Like a lot of schools they struggled but not being open for business in 38 of the 67 years you mentioned makes it sound as if they were teaching way more than they were. The fact that anyone has to point to a length of time as to way they think they are the actual big brother rather than results from the classrooms speaks volumes.

• OhLongJohnson
      12:56 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

RealDeal,

I cant respond constantly because I’m at work unlike you redbird scum. Let the little kids get their turn on the public library computer, get off our messageboard and go put in your application to McDs.

12:58 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

uhhmm.. now you are just sounding jealous and insecure.. considering NO SCHOOL HAS EVER DONE IT BEFORE.. id say it was pretty impressive. And conference has NOTHING to do with it.. UL competed at the HIGHEST level… thats what the whole year of the cardinal thing is about. UL destroyed Florida in the sugar bowl (BCS) , went to the championship game in both mens and womens basketball (You know taht 2013 champions thing?) and competed in the college world series in baseball.. Never been done before in one season= Impressive.
      Also, that is pretty funny… but not me sadly. You really think Id use the same user name for multiple things? what is this? amateur hour?XD

1:04 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Blackhawk,

ewww somebody is mad… kinda like trying to celebrate Calipari’s Nth win when he had hundreds vacated? hmmmm how was that public apology to the NCAA anyways?
      The main point here is… regardless of how you want to cut it. UL is the MUCH older institution by whichever numbers you choose to use. Even by nitpicking, Louisville still comes out as the much older program.
      As for ME? I’ll still agree with the official paperwork that has 1798 right on it… and Everyone agrees that Louisville is the oldest city founded and funded institution in the nation so I really dont know what you are trying to prove at this point. UL is older by 79 years or 67… you choose

Ohlongjohn,

You really are a sad little case… you call drawing welfare and cleaning your guns in your smoke filled trailer working? cute.. for your info.. I have my masters and probably make double what you do whilst doing half the work.

• theWilkman
      1:04 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Being impressive is subjective, and I was not impressed. How can I be jealous of something I don’t care about? I’ve said it before and I guess it needs to be said again – the fact that you spend so much time on here trying to convince people how great UofL is undeniable proof of how dense you are and how strong your little brother syndrome is. And because of said density, I have no doubt that this profile is you. So what do you guys/gals think? Hot or not? http://hotornot.com/profile/01208831490

1:11 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Blackhawk,
      For the record… you better prepare for some speaking in volumes as you put it.. NOT ONLY is Louisville the older University… but they perform better too..
      UL – 75 Fulbrights and 1 rhode scholar in the last 10 years (That is more than every Kentucky University combined, fyi)
      UK – less than 9 fulbrights in the last 10 years and ZERO rhode scholars EVER

UL constantly innovates and develops. founded the first emergency room in the world in 1911, from that came the first ambulances. The first double hand transplant, first fully contained artificial heart transplant, first paraplegic to regain leg movement, first cervical cancer vaccine.. first jewish supreme court justice… oh yea… and UL invented the High five…. How many times do you use it a day? ever Thank a cardinal? you need to

1:13 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Thewilkman,

Well you are obviously and idiot then on both accounts… some things are a little more than subjective. If something had never been done before then you are just dense for not acknowledging it. people do choose to stick their head in the sand i guess…
      Also, you really are an idiot if you think that is me… why would I take part in a heated discussion using the same username as an account with my picture? go back to special ed, laddy…

• Oops!
      2:08 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

You guys remember that time that theRealDeal posted a lot of words about the respective ages of two Kentucky universities?

It was pretty funny when tRD proclaimed that UL could trace its roots back to 1798 without realizing that UK can trace its roots back to 1780. Oops.

Maybe he’s actually theUnRealDeal? What say you, tURD?

• Thereallyreal
      2:22 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Nice try… UK charter only goes to 1865.. you jelly?

• old timer
      2:52 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

TheRealDeal is really a sad excuse for a human being. He does not like our website because he says we are obsessed with UL and say mean things about them. Yet he loves to come on here and say obnoxious things about BBN. He is simply doing what he says he hates about us. That makes him a hypocrite. He lies when he says the Card website does not have equally snide comments about UK and our fans. We have seen plenty of them reprinted here on KSR. I have only been to Card Chronicle once and that was to see for myself how they were still crying about the referees 2 weeks after our latest game ended. It was quite funny. They had one link going where they wanted to change the rules so that coaches could meet with the refs before the game to point out what to look for during the game. Of course, all the things were about UK pushing off, going over the back, charging on every drive to the basket, etc. I have no desire to ever go back. The ignorance level was through the roof.

• JCBlue22
      3:06 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

theRealDeal, no one gives a rats ass as to when UofL was founded in relation to UK’s founding, that information is irrelevant. That is like saying that although New York City is a center world world commerce, and culture, and arguably one of the most important cities on Earth, it is inferior to literally any city that was founded before it. The age of something doesn’t necessarily make it better. Yes, There was an institution that eventually formed into the University of Louisville before the University of Kentucky, but at the same time, which University is the State’s flagship research university? And which one is ranked higher annually among the top schools in the nation? And which one is designated as the most important school within it’s respective state, in terms of public support, student body, and academic and athletic success? I’ll give you a hint, it’s initials are U and K. And no one can argue that Louisville isn’t an important city in the state of Kentucky, but it is also a city where around 1/3 of its residents identify as supporters of UK.

• theUnRealDeal
      3:35 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Louisville’s 1798 ‘charter’ was actually a charter for the Jefferson Seminary, which closed completely in 1829. Eight years passed and a medical institute was founded in 1837. Nine years later, the Kentucky legislature created what is now known as UL (1846).

Kentucky was birthed from Transylvania University (founded in 1780) in 1865 with the passage of the Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act as Kentucky’s land-grant university. If UL claims the long-defunct Jefferson Seminary as the ‘founding’ of their university then UK was ‘founded’ (by the same logic) in 1780.

Another interesting question: Even assuming UL is the older of the two universities, why is UK ahead by every academic metric and ranking in existence? Does UL attract less intelligent students? Is it something in Louisville’s water? Inquiring minds want to know.

• _Blackhawk_
      3:55 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Not mad at all theRealDeal…just laughing at you spill out wrong information all day long with out refuting mine…you choose to over look what UofL puts on their website as far as closed down years and want to pretend that they’ve been teaching fro many more years than they really have, fine by me.

As for the the furlong, you said no less than 9 in the last 10 years…UK has had 14 Furlong recipients in the last 2 years alone. Heck they had 9 awarded in 2013. But keep on letting your fingers do the talking without checking the facts, I don’t care. There are a lot fools who can say things and make them sound right…maybe you’re one of them…maybe you’re just trying to get the last dig in…would explain the multiple responses to one of mine. You think of new things to type after hitting enter. I really don’t care.

As for Cal’s record, he has less than 50 games vacated no where near hundreds. Just another example of you typing without knowing. The more you respond the more you prove it to everyone.

Another shining example is “Everyone agrees that Louisville is the oldest city founded and funded institution in the nation so I really dont know what you are trying to prove at this point.” OK Harvard is well over a 100 years older than the city and the university. Are you saying it’s the oldest city? It’s not even the oldest in the state. Are you saying it’s the oldest city with a college named after it? That gets very narrow besides if that is the case then I think Princeton is older since it was founded in 1746. So I don’t know who the people are that you say agree with your above statement but like you they are wrong.

Keep on posting multiple falsehoods and I’ll debunk them.

5:02 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Wow… far to much idiot comments to even attempt to sort through them all.. sounds like nothing but a bunch of butthurt UK fans to me. regardless of how you choose to justify it. It is a FACT that UL is the older institution NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU CUT IT. Also, UL has a far richer history in that given amount of time and continually performs MUCH better than UK.
      UL has more fulbrights than all other kentucky universities put together (75 in 10 years) and has had a rhode scholar… NO other institution in the state has EVER had that honor.
      Bottom line. UL is on the Up and UP and in about a decade UK will be a distant memory…
      or might not even exist… like in 1864… when LOUISVILLE DID. keep feeling jelly and like a lil bro…

5:07 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Theunrealdeal,

You are clearly an idiot… please go back to your cave..
      your logic makes ZERO sense… transy was a COMPLETELY different university…
      UL stemed from something yes… but it was always ONE single charter…
      so that logic just doesnt work… the fact of the matter is.. UK’s earliest charter as an independent school is 1865… UL’s goes back to 1798… now get lost…

Blackhawk… you type like a slow monkey… you have debunked NOTHING… in fact quite the opposite has occured. UL is the oldest university to be founded in and bare the name of and be entirely funded by the city it is in… OLDER THAN ANY OTHER UNI IN THAT RESPECT. dang you are so slow… get it together…
      meanwhile… UK cant claim garbage…

5:10 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

UK may have had 9 fulbrights sometime recently… but that is ALL they have had…
      it is sad that UK will always chime in as a second place school behind UL.. (75 fulbrights in 10 years… more than all other kentucky schools put together)…
      UL is the far better school doing way better performace wise (Most profitable sports franchise, new adidas deal 3rd largest in nation)…
      and FYI… now that both receive equal funding… BOTH UL and UK are the state’s flagship schools… do more research smart one

• _Blackhawk_
      5:34 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Not saying UK has had more than UofL…just pointing out that you don’t know everything you are saying. I notice you still stick with the scholars and avoided the others…yet you still think you are correct with the scholars. You said 75 in 10 years. That is a stat that started the 10 years in 2003. A little more than 10 years now. I am sure UofL has added to the 75 total but UK has had 44 since 2003….point is, that’s more than 9 like you said….maybe you should be the one doing the research. As for the Rhode Scholar, congrats…you’ve had 1. Centre College blows us both away having produce 70% of the Rhode Scholars that come from Kentucky schools.

• pseudonym
      6:28 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

To the Real Dud: Age alone does not make a university great. The 2 schools are ranked fairly similar;y by US News and World Report, which ranks universities every year. UK comes in at 119 while UL is 161. The acceptance rate at UK is 67% and UL is 76%. This means that UK is tougher to get into. Congratulations on your Fulbright Scholars. Are you living vicariously through others because it is obvious that you are not a scholar?

2. Blasphemy
    9:09 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I think the only real “unspoken” rule needs to be: “Never EVER rush the court at home in basketball.” The others are just what are on peoples minds, rather than “rules,” to be completely analogous to the “unwritten rules of baseball.” There really just doesn’t need to be that many. Most of those statements are just feelings of UK faithful, not “rules.” Except for BTI sucking….. that’s more constant than the speed of light.

3. Charles Manson
    9:10 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

BTI you are the worst

4. bigbluecoop
    9:14 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Never, ever celebrate a football win until the clock hits zeroes.

• Gap Tooth Danny
      10:27 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

LOL
      #holdthegatorade

5. Chad
    9:17 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Eddie Sutton coached here? I don’t remember that, and neither does Eddie……

6. FFF70
    9:20 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Football never takes priority over Basketball? You are not a true UK fan!!! Basketball , Football both should be supported equally!!!

7. 2am tee time
    9:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

11. Billy Gillispie went straight from Texas A&M to Texas Tech.
    12. Laettner cheated(not sure how, but he did).

8. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

6-10 aren’t even rules….

9. Jed
    9:37 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Baseball is dumb because I hate their “unwritten rules”.

Hey, let me tell you about my unwritten rules!

10. ron Davos
    9:37 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

think if people were truthful there would be alot of disagreement on basketball always being more important than football – just has always needed to be that way since the Bear left!

11. PaintLouBlue
    9:39 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Never talk about Kentucky losing the game before the game.
    Always put UK as the Champion on your bracket. It’s bad karma.
    Must eat Rupp ice cream.

• Dustin
      11:10 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I have only not picked UK to win in all in my bracket two years….2012 and last year. 2012 I thought it might be bad karma to do it because it was the one time I was 100% positive that it was going to happen. So I just didn’t fill one out at all. Doesn’t mean I was right about the karma thing but it worked. Reverse karma? Last year I filled out a bracket where I really (and I mean REALLY) did my research and I had UK losing the Elite 8 game. I think I may just sit out next year like I did in 2012.

12. Elwood Blues
    9:40 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

BTI, you need to break away from these clowns at KSR and start your own UK site. Most everything you write is spot on and pretty funny. I’m being 100% serious.

13. Travis in Indy
    9:40 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Stop whatever you are doing whenever “On, On U of K” starts playing, stand, and clap.

Wear blue on Gameday. No matter what.

By any means necisarry, keep the mojo intact during tourney runs.

14. BBN
    9:49 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Can we just rename KSR TO KBR… Just for the fact that you would put #2 up there. Kentucky is a FOOTBALL state just as america is a football country

• sprtphan
      9:58 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure our football recruiting staff would like to thank KSR for the support.

• Gap Tooth Danny
      10:28 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Jeses, can we stop with the football jealousy already?
      🙂

15. Matt S
    9:49 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Rule #11: Always, ALWAYS, take everything posted on KSR as literal as possible.

Rule #12: If you don’t like KSR, instead of going to a different site, write how terrible KSR is in the comment section.

16. Coby
    10:00 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt and ksr lust over Richie is the laughing stock of the state. Woods at MSU is by far most hated per son on unforgettables. Ms Thompson has visited him 3 times lol

17. OhLongJohnson
    10:02 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Rule #569

The white hometown UK players are the crowd favorites even though they suck!

• asdf
      10:09 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Ky kids are always the favorite regardless of race or how good they are.

• Cody
      10:16 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

^ Dude, c’mon. Listen to the crowd cheer this year when Willis gets his minute vs Hawkins. Whether you want to admit it or not, there is a huge difference. We expect the white boys not to play, and its a real treat when they get the opportunity.

• asdf
      10:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Then why was Darius Miller the most loved player on the championship team? Because he was the Kentucky kid (and being from Maysville, the antidote to Chris Lofton going to UT).

• OhLongJohnson
      10:42 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

He was black and he was good, that’s why we loved/love him. Players who are not good and not white are not as loved, its a fact. Admit it. You are a racist.

• somerset bill
      1:00 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

cody, you can’t compare the cheers for willis vs. hawkins to make your point. you would have to compare polson and hawkins–two home grown guys who got similar playing time this past year–and similar receptions when they came on the court. hawkins frequently gets 5 minute to 10 minutes stretches. willis goes 5 to 10 game stretches with no time on the court. that and the fact that he is known for his outside shooting are going to get him cheers when he does get in.

18. 8&Counting
    10:05 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Never say anything about the state of the program was when Tubby left or you ARE NOT a UK fan.

• 8&Counting
      10:06 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Never say anything about what the state of the program was when Tubby left or you ARE NOT a UK fan.

19. Eric
    10:11 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I agree with most of those, except for the football never taking priority over bball. I completely understand our football program isnt even in the same realm of importance as the bball program, but with some success and support, our football program could be top 20 nationally (we could be 6-7th in the SEC and still be 20th-25th nationally). We need to get rid of the mentality that football doesnt matter and basketball is so much more important.

20. Cody
    10:14 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Never, ever root for Louisville, Duke, IU, or UT. In instances where they play each other, pray for all to lose.
    Always defend the 1950 National Championship. It happened, dammit.
    Always pretend to care about horse racing, even though the only race you watch all year is the Derby, and you’ve never been. You’ve never even been to Keeneland.

• Dustin
      11:20 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m not exactly sure why but I just don’t feel the same hate for IU that UK fans stuck in Indiana or older UK fans feel. I was born in 1983. Most of my memories of IU basketball were their early exits from the tourney in the 90’s (I was still young during the early 90’s final four and really don’t remember it) and the comedy that has been their existence since the one finals appearance in the early 2000’s. Might also be that a branch of my family are IU fans but really that leads to the only times when I really care that we outdo them. It doesn’t really lead to any “I hope you guys do well also” feelings. They just haven’t been successful enough for me to care and I don’t think I’m the only one from my generation that feels that way.

21. asdf
    10:14 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

The ONLY rule is that there are no rules.

22. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Hilarious! And correct. I would’ve omitted the Jesus reference, but your point is taken. It’s agreed that we are to never rush the court.

23. Greg20blazers
    10:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

#2 is really stupid, is there a particular reason I can’t like both the same? Does that make me not a real UK fan?

24. UKJon In Knoxville
    11:08 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I’ve known a few bathroom wall poets

25. _Blackhawk_
    11:34 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

Don’t ever suggest that our coach is bailing after the season BEFORE a title game.

That is actually an unwritten rule that all schools have.

26. theRealDeal
    1:06 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Hey everyone, I need help convincing Rush Limbaugh that he’s wrong about Obama. Would you plese help me?

27. law1127
    1:38 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

This biased garbage is exactly why ksr is not doing itself any favors with the many fans ,that are not basketball centric!You will surprise yourself when Stoops starts winning ,how many UK football fans there are and will remember this crap!