BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Most Dominant NCAA Tournament Half

I’ve posted this video several times on this site and headed into a Sweet 16 matchup I think it’s the right time to post it again.  I have argued this was the most dominant half of Kentucky basketball in the modern era.  There are really only two others that compete: 1996 against LSU and 2015 against UCLA.  But I would argue this was more dominant because this was in the Sweet 16 against a quality opponent and neither of those opponents were good at all.

Either way, I always enjoy watching this 1st half.  Jamal Mashburn could have scored 40 points in this half if they wanted.  And just the demoralization of Wake was almost sad to watch.  Enjoy and hope for a similar performance on Thursday night:

Article written by Bryan the Intern

18 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Most Dominant NCAA Tournament Half

1. 4everUKblue
    10:09 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I remember this game well, Duncan is still trying get over this one.

• 4everUKblue
      10:13 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Oh wait, this is not the game I was thinking of.

• ClutchCargo
      11:36 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

This was the game where everybody was worried about WF’s bigs bullying us down low. How’d that work out for them? LOL!

• 4everUKblue
      12:18 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think Duncan touched the ball but 5 or 6 times, it was the most fun game to watch.

• Memphis UK Cat
      12:22 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

Travis Ford was one of my all time favorites

• 4everUKblue
      12:52 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

Sorry I keep commenting in the wrong place. I always liked Ford too.

2. 4everUKblue
    10:15 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

This is the game I was thinking of……. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFhOuYcHYVs

• 4everUKblue
      12:53 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

This is the game where Duncan hardly even touched the ball.

3. kuhlkat
    10:17 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Is it mandatory for KSR people to say “ I would argue?”
    Matt says it 15 times every show

• BlueSteel
      10:53 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I would argue that KSR people are not the only ones that use this phrase… But facts are optional!!

4. CatsfaninFL
    10:42 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m not gonna argue that UCLA was a quality team when we pummeled them in 2014-2015, but they actually did make the Sweet 16 that year. So it’s not like there garbage. Granted they only had to beat a 6 and 14 seed, but still. I wouldn’t discount it though either.

5. BlueSteel
    10:52 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

But of course with UCLA it was early in the year and they did get a little better. The Wake Forest game was in the NCAA Tournament and they had been playing well. We truly did demolish and demoralize them!!

6. Cletis75
    11:01 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Remember this game well. Was wondering how Rodney Rogers was going to do against our big guys. Ricky 3 stacks used a trapping style of D on him, causing him to commit a charge or 2 early and putting him on the bench in foul trouble. By the time he saw the floor again, it was over.

7. cjmcgurk8
    11:18 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

What about the Sweet 16 matchup with WVU in 2015?

8. Bluemantoo
    11:46 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I was at that game….it was the first UK tourney game I had ever attended. It’s also when I first realized how huge UK basketball really was! All of Charlotte was blue — every restaurant, every hotel, etc. When the game started, the Coliseum was 2/3 to 3/4 UK Blue, and the Wake contingent was tiny. Could not believe how UK fans dominated the crowd when they were playing a school that was based only 40 minutes down the road. I was absolutely insane and rowdy! I was also at the EE FSU blowout. Many FSU fans cleared out w/ about 10 minutes left in the game, and we moved down to the lower bowl about 10 rows off the floor and watched the end of the game and took pics of Mash and Co. cutting down the nets! It remains one of my best UK basketball memories ever!!!

9. Bluemantoo
    11:48 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

*** It was absolutely insane and rowdy! Wanted to clarify so that my UK brethren don’t get the wrong idea about me, LOL!

10. kuhlkat
    4:09 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

I was there too. I vividly remember the SEC! Chants. We pummeled the ACC right in their territory. Then Svoboda hit a 3 to ice the cake.

11. clintbart
    6:04 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

I was there. WKU played in that pod as well